News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Crossed Swords Plotting: Swords of Freedom

Started by BrookSkimmer, February 27, 2013, 11:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icefire

Maybe we should wait and see what the crew has in mind for their first steps and choose ours based on that. For example, say they decide to attack right out of the shoot, then yeah, we should already know something about them. Someone should have spotted them and we should be at the very least warned of their presence if not armed on the shores waiting for them. Say instead that they start off with someone being punished for something or in the midst of an arguement on board, etc., then i would think that we shouldn't know about them yet and perhaps do something totally unrelated to war such as have a feast like Brookskimmer suggested in the first post, or simply go about our typical daily activities, etc.
Does that make any sense? Thoughts?
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Leatho Shellhound

What time of year is this in, If in the fall, it could be that we are celebrating a good harvest. If in the winter we might be getting ready for the cold and bad weather. If it be spring we might be having a celebration over the coming of the warm sun and new born. And summer we might have fishing or weapon contests.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

WarriorOfMossflower

I support that idea, Icefire.

@Leatho: I think Brook's letting the RPers decide the season, I'm not sure though. But if we did, we might have to discuss it with the Blood Spine RPers too.
I, for one, would like it to be springtime.
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

Rainshadow

I think winter would be interesting, because isn't that the hardest season for those at sea?  That would make it quite interesting, having everybeast struggling with the weather.  There'd be storms at sea, and all sorts of fun stuff like that.  I dunno, it's just an idea.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

WarriorOfMossflower

True, it would be interesting, but I think it puts those at sea at more of an unfair disadvantage. On land, we might experience the weather briefly, but it wouldn't be as hard on us. I dunno, we'll have to gather more opinions and confirm with Brookskimmer.
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

Icefire

I personally like the idea of setting it in the Spring or Summer simply because I see no reason why the pirates would travel to the freezing North Coast if they could stay in the more tropical region for the winter. My vote is Spring since that's our current season anyways....We celebrate the Spring of the Singing Sparrows within the rp! (Do you suppose Sparrows would be singing that far North?)

Leatho Shellhound

Well lets just say it's winter, On land we are having freezing rain (I am just making a scenario) the BloodSpine ship is seen at a close distance, we can't get a fire going to make fire arrows, are catapults, ballistas are frozen to the ground. We are being blinded by the weather.

So I go with spring too.

click the banner

Icefire

Just presented this as a topic for discussion on the other thread, too. (I sincerly hope there was nothing against the rules in that action....I just thought someone ought to present it as a topic for discussion there as well since it effects us all.)

Leatho Shellhound

Yep, I saw that. I  don't think that was against the rules, b/c only members that aren't in the Tournament can't post in them.

click the banner

BrookSkimmer

It's fine to post in the other board :D

You guys get to decide things like seasons and stuff.

Keep going, you're doing well!

Leatho Shellhound

Brook, can my character be in a leadership role?

click the banner

BrookSkimmer

I think that is possible Leatho. Perhaps you guys can discuss who wants to be leadership and who wants to be not leadership.  I'm thinking Tim will have two beasts at his side.

Rainshadow

I don't think Spera would be a good fit for the leadership business, so I'm just saying that now.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Icefire

So, thinking through my character, she really ought to be at least 5 seasons older than Timballisto. I have no idea how old Timbal will be at this point, but looking at some of the other back stories my character will probably be the oldest of the Swords. Therefore she might have a hard time acknowledging authority of creatures younger than her unless she has seen reason to trust them as leaders. Timbal would be an exception as she knows Luke chose him to lead for a reason and probably has seen and agreed with said reasoning.
That's where mymind is going at this point.

Leatho Shellhound

Ok well maybe we, Liv and Vannøyne, could be captains under Timballisto? Thoughts comments?

click the banner