News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey vs Breaking Dawn part 1

Started by Redwallfan7, March 10, 2013, 10:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

Which was the better movie I'd have to say that The Hobbit is  better.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

I didn't see Breaking Dawn, but as a huge fan of anything having to do with Middle Earth, I'd have to say The Hobbit was better.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Rainshadow on March 11, 2013, 05:40:15 PM
  I didn't see Breaking Dawn, but as a huge fan of anything having to do with Middle Earth, I'd have to say The Hobbit was better.  ;)
Middle Earth is epic  ;D
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Ungatt Trunn

The Hobbit, of coarse! It made it onto the list of the highest grossing movies of all time :o! Breaking Dawn was pretty successfully financially, but it got 7 Razzie awards, including Worst Motion Picture

Life is too short to rush through it.

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 11, 2013, 09:32:33 PM
The Hobbit, of coarse! It made it onto the list of the highest grossing movies of all time :o! Breaking Dawn was pretty successfully financially, but it got 7 Razzie awards, including Worst Motion Picture
I hated Breaking Dawn. It's over predictable and all Bella did was lay on the couch for the whole. entire. movie. My parents and I were just like this: O_o throughout the whole thing when we were watching it. My friend is a Twilight fan and she hated it that should tell us something.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on March 11, 2013, 10:00:50 PM
I hated Breaking Dawn. It's over predictable and all Bella did was lay on the couch for the whole. entire. movie. My parents and I were just like this: O_o throughout the whole thing when we were watching it. My friend is a Twilight fan and she hated it that should tell us something.
I'v never seen the Twilight movies, though I know some about some of it's realese history. What is it about?

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 11, 2013, 10:02:17 PM
Quote from: Redwallfan7 on March 11, 2013, 10:00:50 PM
I'v never seen the Twilight movies, though I know some about some of it's realese history. What is it about?
It's a book series by Stephanie Meyer. There are movies based on the books, done by Summit entertainment. It's about (or, was about) a love triangle between a human girl: Bella, a vampire named Edward and a werewolf named Jacob. It's really popular for the 12 to 16 year old fan base, but older fans like me have trouble getting into it. It's more of a teen paranormal romance. I read the books once, and have packed them away long ago.. I have no interest in re reading them. Because now I basically know who Bella chose and to me the character development is weak.

Ungatt Trunn

As it appears that Breaking Dawn isn't that good, I'd say The Hobbit is way better!

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 11, 2013, 10:10:18 PM
As it appears that Breaking Dawn isn't that good, I'd say The Hobbit is way better!
Of course! I loved the visual effects in it. I haven't seen scenery like that in a movie since the Narnia films.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on March 11, 2013, 10:11:54 PM
Of course! I loved the visual effects in it. I haven't seen scenery like that in a movie since the Narnia films.
I'm not a big fan of the Narnia films. They just weren't that intresting to me.

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 11, 2013, 10:15:33 PM
Quote from: Redwallfan7 on March 11, 2013, 10:11:54 PM
I'm not a big fan of the Narnia films. They just weren't that intresting to me.
That's ok.

KitrallStreamrippler

I have not read or seen any of the Twilight series, and I don't want to. I had some friendss who were fans... that was enough for me. That sort of thing just completely fails to capture my interest. So I am 100% for the Hobbit.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Redwallfan7

Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on March 12, 2013, 03:46:23 PM
I have not read or seen any of the Twilight series, and I don't want to. I had some friendss who were fans... that was enough for me. That sort of thing just completely fails to capture my interest. So I am 100% for the Hobbit.
Yeah the Twilight movies are a waste of time

Ungatt Trunn

Redwallfan7