News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Round One: Swords of Freedom (Spring Festival)

Started by BrookSkimmer, March 10, 2013, 11:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflor

After the meeting Frost grabbed her pouch of darts. Counting her items she walked outside and was relieved at the gust of warm air that met her. Going down to the shore she watched the ship. It was a enormous ship her past thoughts of using her short sword to make a hole in it were gone. ''A few more hours and they will slaughter us all She laughed inwardly Not if The Swords of freedom has something to say.''
She took her quiver off her shoulder and counted the arrows there were thirty but one was broken. These sharp arrows were made out of slim wood with a sharp piece of flint on there ends and there were goose feathers there too. She took an arrow and sighted it on the bow. They were perfectly straight.
     Putting her bow and quiver away she drew her sword and sharpened it on a rock. Being satisfied she put that back and then counted her darts there were more than one hundred there. patting her pouch she wrapped it around he belt.She was ready.
         She thought of the young ones and her friends and knew what she must do. She didn't like killing actually she couldn't stand it but she would fight when it was necessary. ''Slaughter'' She thought Now when spring is just beginning Her dress flapped in the warm wind and it looked like her cape was a flag. ''For my friends'' she thought.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

WarriorOfMossflower

(OOC @ Dannflor)

Sora listened keenly to the ideas as they were passed back and forth. In her mind, she had been formulating a plan and testing it with various different situations. Thought she was young, Sora had plenty of experience with planning from her days on the slave island in the southeast. Planning was her element. For a moment, the albino sat silently, deciphering her own thoughts and deciding the best way to present her information to the Swords.
Friends, we have no idea exactly what the vermin's strategy will be. We cannot predict if they will strike immediately at us when they land, or if they will take a slower approach. We don't know if it will be an immediate fight to the death or a slow, ongoing battle, like a siege. In either case, we must be prepared. I say that we combine several of the strategies mentioned. I think this is what Vannøyne was getting at. Xbalantie could proceed with the fiery projectiles plan, while several other beasts attend to the ballista. We might also consider shore-defense-beasts, as well as sturdy, sharpened stakes that might pierce the ship's hull if we position them correctly. It is, of course, mandatory that we find somewhere safe for the elders and Dibbuns to stay. I like the suggestion of the back caves, with the entrance blocked. We can stock them up with provisions and seal them in until--and if--our position changes. Of course, we'd have to make sure there's a way for them to get fresh air if we don't want them to suffocate.
I realize that my suggestion contains a lot of 'ifs' and 'mights', but I want to leave it open for variability and correction. So far, the biggest error I've found in my planning is this--will there be enough able-bodied beasts to accomplish all the tasks at hand?

Figuring that this was the best she could come up with on the spot, Sora restated her thoughts for the opinions of the Swords. When she was finished, she rubbed her paw on her katana's hilt nervously, awaiting a response.
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.