News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

doomwyte

Started by rachel25, March 11, 2013, 06:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: rachel25 on March 26, 2013, 05:02:33 PM
no it says that when he got back he told her because that's how Brisky and the others found out about it because they found her diary  :P  :-*  :-X
But that still dosn't explain why Gnoff never told Martin about Doomwyte. We can't say that Martin never returned from his quest, because in the book Redwall, Matthias and Methusilah find the tomb of Martin at Redwall Abbey.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 26, 2013, 07:49:23 PM
no it says that when he got back he told her because that's how Brisky and the others found out about it because they found her diary  :P  :-*  :-X
But that still dosn't explain why Gnoff never told Martin about Doomwyte. We can't say that Martin never returned from his quest, because in the book Redwall, Matthias and Methusilah find the tomb of Martin at Redwall Abbey.

hmm...maybe Martin tried but wasn't able to finish the job....Fanfic idea.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on March 26, 2013, 10:51:45 PM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 26, 2013, 07:49:23 PM

hmm...maybe Martin tried but wasn't able to finish the job....Fanfic idea.
I wonder what Martin's quest was about...

Free Thought

The question to which the answer we will never know!  At least Jacques' thought on it anyway- good thing there's FanFiction!
Hmmm, I have two views on it really.
1. Martin goes back to Noonvale to finally say goodbye to Rose.  I can imagine that his memory loss from Tsarmina's battle effective his memories of there (as in TLOL, he travels all that way north to his old caves, but doesn't make an extra 2-day trip inland to Noonvale to pay homage at her grave- not very honour-bound-Martin-like) so I picture him waking up in the middle of the night from a dream where he remembers her and leaving.  Gonff would have caught him at the gate and all our little warrior would say is that he had to do something alone.  When he gets back, Martin is very at peace and Gonff feels wrong disturbing his friend's newfound... 'happiness' (if that's the right word for it)
2. Possibly the most obvious reason- after TLOL, Martin took the vows as a Brother of Redwall.  He can't fight.  Even if he wanted to, his sword was already on the weathervane thanks to Krar and he is sworn to a peaceful life.

and I guess 3.... my own fanfic version, which is his secret quest is to visit his family which he has hidden in Noonvale. ;) I won't say more because I know there are a couple people on this board who are reading that story on FF right now and I don't want to spoil the surprises too much!

Sooo.... I guess I have 3 theories and kinda didn't answer the original question... or the question in the last post.... Oh well!

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Free Thought on March 29, 2013, 12:20:20 PM
The question to which the answer we will never know!  At least Jacques' thought on it anyway- good thing there's FanFiction!
1. Martin goes back to Noonvale to finally say goodbye to Rose.  I can imagine that his memory loss from Tsarmina's battle effective his memories of there (as in TLOL, he travels all that way north to his old caves, but doesn't make an extra 2-day trip inland to Noonvale to pay homage at her grave- not very honour-bound-Martin-like) so I picture him waking up in the middle of the night from a dream where he remembers her and leaving.  Gonff would have caught him at the gate and all our little warrior would say is that he had to do something alone.  When he gets back, Martin is very at peace and Gonff feels wrong disturbing his friend's newfound... 'happiness' (if that's the right word for it)
2. Possibly the most obvious reason- after TLOL, Martin took the vows as a Brother of Redwall.  He can't fight.  Even if he wanted to, his sword was already on the weathervane thanks to Krar and he is sworn to a peaceful life.

and I guess 3.... my own fanfic version, which is his secret quest is to visit his family which he has hidden in Noonvale. ;) I won't say more because I know there are a couple people on this board who are reading that story on FF right now and I don't want to spoil the surprises too much!

Sooo.... I guess I have 3 theories and kinda didn't answer the original question... or the question in the last post.... Oh well!

Those are some good observations. Could you post your fanfic here?

click the banner

rachel25

well thought out accept for one thing Martins mind was fine in Legend of Luke so apart from that your idea is a good one  ;)

Ungatt Trunn

Even though the question about Martin's the Warrior's quest is a good thing to talk about, it really dosn't help with the hole thing about Gnoff not telling Martin about Doomwyte. Though, that will remain a mystery as well....

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 29, 2013, 09:10:49 PM
Even though the question about Martin's the Warrior's quest is a good thing to talk about, it really dosn't help with the hole thing about Gnoff not telling Martin about Doomwyte. Though, that will remain a mystery as well....

But thats what we are saying! Why Martin didn't do any thing if he was told.

click the banner

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on March 30, 2013, 02:21:20 AM

Probubly Gnoff never told him. Because if Gnoff had told Martin about Doomwyte, Martin sertinly would have done something. Martin wouldn't let something like that just pass on.

rachel25

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 30, 2013, 02:28:20 AM
Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on March 30, 2013, 02:21:20 AM

Probubly Gnoff never told him. Because if Gnoff had told Martin about Doomwyte, Martin sertinly would have done something. Martin wouldn't let something like that just pass on.
Yeah but we'll never know  :( though I would like to read that fanfic someone was talking about  :P  ::)

Free Thought

Quote from: rachel25 on March 29, 2013, 05:25:54 PM

well thought out accept for one thing Martins mind was fine in Legend of Luke so apart from that your idea is a good one  ;)

Martin's mind was not 100% in TLOL- he admits to Gonff and Trimp in the gatehouse that he used to remember things, but couldn't and that he and Timballisto never talked about their past before he died because it was too painful. So it is possible that Martin had forgotten about his lost love at this point.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Free Thought on March 30, 2013, 11:26:38 PM

Martin's mind was not 100% in TLOL- he admits to Gonff and Trimp in the gatehouse that he used to remember things, but couldn't and that he and Timballisto never talked about their past before he died because it was too painful. So it is possible that Martin had forgotten about his lost love at this point.
Hey, good theorie!

rachel25

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 30, 2013, 11:50:20 PM
Quote from: Free Thought on March 30, 2013, 11:26:38 PM

Hey, good theorie!
I don't know I don't think Martin would forget Rose maybe he never told Gnoff about her because he at the end of Martin the Warrior he promises that he will never tell anyone about Noonviale  :P

Ungatt Trunn

But Gnoff was his best freind. Couldn't Martin trust Gnoff with the secret about Noonvale?

Romsca