News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Re-reads

Started by martins#1fan, July 14, 2011, 05:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you re-reading......

Redwall
2 (7.1%)
Mossflower
5 (17.9%)
Mattimeo
1 (3.6%)
Mariel of Redwall
1 (3.6%)
Salamandastron
0 (0%)
Martin the Warrior
5 (17.9%)
The Bellmaker
0 (0%)
Outcast of Redwall
0 (0%)
Pearls of Lutra
2 (7.1%)
The Long Patrol
0 (0%)
Marfox
2 (7.1%)
The Legend of Luke
2 (7.1%)
Lord Brocktree
2 (7.1%)
Taggerung
0 (0%)
Triss
0 (0%)
Loamhedge
1 (3.6%)
Rakkety Tam
2 (7.1%)
High Rhulain
1 (3.6%)
Eulalia!
1 (3.6%)
Doomwyte
0 (0%)
The Sable Quean
0 (0%)
The Rouge Crew
1 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Shellhound

I've read Redwall maybe four or five times, Mattimeo and Mossflower about three times each, and all the rest about twice.
Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right.
The law of Badger Lords
Lord Brocktree

martins#1fan

After I'm done with a book, I can never decide which book I'm going to read next.  :P
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Lily

Quote from: martins#1fan on July 18, 2011, 09:41:31 PM
After I'm done with a book, I can never decide which book I'm going to read next.  :P
That's why I always re-read them in order. Otherwise I'd probably end up reading five of them at once!

DanielofRedwall

I'll re-read Rakkety Tam soon and then read them in chronological order.
Received mostly negative reviews.

martins#1fan

That's a good idea! ;D I might read them, one day or another, in order!  :P

Nightfire

I have read every single Redwall book in the series at LEAST 50 times! I'm totally obsessed with Brian Jacques' work! Yayalahooooooo!
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Osu

Yay, a poll! ;D I've actually got my nose in Legend of Luke right now. I realized I couldn't recall anything from it other than general plot ideas. Terrible, just terrible, yanno? So I'm re-reading it. ;D
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

martins#1fan

Log-a-Log

That's a good idea to reread them in chronologic order, but I'm rereading Mariel of Redwall right now, so I'd have to reread that one again in a short time
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

I actually read The Bellmaker before Mariel of Redwall. Twas like reading The Bellmaker and then reading a prequel to it.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Lily

Quote from: Osu on July 19, 2011, 08:03:56 PM
Yay, a poll! ;D I've actually got my nose in Legend of Luke right now. I realized I couldn't recall anything from it other than general plot ideas. Terrible, just terrible, yanno? So I'm re-reading it. ;D
Me too! On all of the above points. I actually can't recall much about any of the books that came out while I was in my last years of high school or university. I guess I was preoccupied with studying at the time. Never mind, that means that re-reading them is like reading them for the first time!

I have to say, I'm enjoying Luke much more the second time around.

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on July 19, 2011, 10:54:39 PM
I actually read The Bellmaker before Mariel of Redwall. Twas like reading The Bellmaker and then reading a prequel to it.
I accidentally did this as well, not smart...
Received mostly negative reviews.

martins#1fan

I've actually
NEVER READ MARIEL OF REDWALL  :'( :'(

Lutra

I've re-read most of the stories at least once....more often for the ones I've really enjoyed like Martin the Warrior for example.  I have so many new books to read, re-reading old favorites isn't in the current plans.

So much to read, not enough time.  :-\
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

martins#1fan

Quote from: Lady Amber on July 19, 2011, 04:20:01 PM
I have read every single Redwall book in the series at LEAST 50 times! I'm totally obsessed with Brian Jacques' work! Yayalahooooooo!
Come on, 50 times? Yeah right.  ::)