The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

::)

@ Blue: sort of but not really...  :P
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

BlueRose

But in the deep levels of technicality it can be reasonably true. Especially to a very gullible preteen.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

Well he was going to Valanor but I don't think people die there... maybe they do... The only people who have lived there before where the Valar Mariar and the Elves. and they don't die. least not of natural causes. Feanor's father died and so did his mother.   

BlueRose

Valanor technically isn't part of Middle Earth.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

The Skarzs

It was the  'land in the west' or something like that. Mortals could travel to it, but were forbidden to, I believe.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

I thought it was for those who were about to die? I always assumed it was an equivalent of Heaven as Tolkien was a religious man but I might be wrong
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

BlueRose

Nope. Valanor was where the elves went when Middle Earth became corrupted. It was the home of the Valar and the Eldar. A few mortals got to go though, because of various reasons.

Faiyloe

Quote from: BlueRose on April 11, 2014, 07:50:43 PM
Valanor technically isn't part of Middle Earth.

I know that.

Quote from: BlueRose on April 11, 2014, 08:01:57 PM
Nope. Valanor was where the elves went when Middle Earth became corrupted. It was the home of the Valar and the Eldar. A few mortals got to go though, because of various reasons.

And that.

Shadowed One

Quote from: The Skarzs on April 11, 2014, 07:55:18 PM
It was the  'land in the west' or something like that. Mortals could travel to it, but were forbidden to, I believe.
Yes, but once the Numenoreans sailed there and Numenore was destroyed, mortals couldn't possibly get there except for a few rare exceptions.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Vilu Daskar

Why Frodo really wanted the ring is so he can pawn it at a pawn shop to buy beers with at the Green Dragon
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

The Skarzs

No, that's what Sam would have done with it had he gotten it for longer; Sméagol knew of his drinking problem, and was trying to help the poor drunk. ;D
(JKJKJKJKJKJK)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

*Feels like reviving this*

Quote from: Faiyloe on April 11, 2014, 07:37:46 PM
Well he was going to Valanor but I don't think people die there... maybe they do... The only people who have lived there before where the Valar Mariar and the Elves. and they don't die. least not of natural causes. Feanor's father died and so did his mother.   
If mortals go to Valinor, they're still mortal, so they die eventually. Elves, of course, don't.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

Okay, what is with the books/movies and giant spiders?! I mean, really?! And is it necessary to show people being beheaded and otherwise killed?! That's just gross!