News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Rainshadow's Art

Started by Rainshadow, March 24, 2013, 03:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Thanks, Faiy-chan!  :3  (Lol, character info dumps for me are basically just taking a page, grabbing a pencil, and drawing until the page is completely chocked full of stuff.  Something to pass the time and to help me figure out designs and such.  But yeah, group pictures are HARD.  It took me probably two hours to draw Delvon's gang, and the poses weren't even that great.  :P)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Faiyloe

yeah... I am a little bit of a perfectionist so I lose steam before the page is full.  :P Yeah... and with group ones the last one always ends up looking real fish-like.  :P

any way Great stuff and awesome gif.  ;D Makes me smile.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Jetthebinturong

Awesome, especially the Shifter group picture
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rainshadow

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jetthebinturong

I realised that I said I'd tell you David's group's story and then never did so here it is
Spoiler
They come from a book I'm writing called Black Rain which isn't an UR story (though it shares the theme with the first URian story by being named after something that doesn't come into play until at least halfway through the story). David and Michael are the main characters of Black Rain (the working title was Lightborn Academy, which I've mentioned in a few places) and basically David and the others (except Michael) along with a bunch of other characters go to this school/home for orphans who have nowhere to go which was built by a guy called Arthur Lightborn (who's surname will eventually be changed). Alex, David, Tom and James form one of the many groups that choose to stay and work for Lightborn and they hunt down rogue magic users and creatures for him as well as demons. On one of their missions, they meet Michael who was accidentally created when he walked in on the main villain, Marcus Darkwing (again, not the final surname), summoning a demon called Artaforr and disrupting the ritual. Michael and the demon were fused, supposedly snapping his mind. This is just a ruse however as Michael was not negatively influenced by his demon side, quite the opposite in fact, he gained the power and knowledge of the demon however his personality and feelings are those of Michael, not of Artaforr. Of course, because this is my story, David and Michael obviously become romantically involved. The Black Rain is a cosmic event that occurs every five-hundred years, when the Earth and the Infernal realm become so close together that if there are portals open, demons find it literally impossible to resist their pull and fall out en masse like rain, Marcus has opened the biggest portal history has ever known and it's up to Lightborn's teams to find him and close it before the time of the Black Rain comes around, which is about a week after the start of the book. All characters can be found here though only Marcus, Arthur, Callista and Robert are completely accurate. Emily, Holly, Dane and Andreth would be completely accurate were it not for the type of swords they have.
[close]

Leatho Shellhound

Lol, you're asking Rain to draw characters from Black Rain.. sorry just had to.

Any way on another note, swell drawings!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Jetthebinturong

I found it funny too, don't worry. Also I'd like to point out that James Clark and Michael Smith from the gallery I linked are from an entirely different story

Hickory

Is Tom Hunter a Waterbender?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jetthebinturong

Basically a waterbender with a knife but he also has basic knowledge of air magic and some healing magycks

Hickory

Jetthebinturong

She used an Avatar pose, he's not from an Avatar related thing

Hickory

I figured that out. Very nice drawing, Rain!

Rainshadow

@Jet-kun:  Now I wanna read that.  :P

@Sage-kun and Leatgo:  Thanks!  And Leatgo, you could even go as far as saying "Rainshadow" and "Black Rain", too.  ;D  "Black" and "shadow" aren't the same word, but shadows are black, so... close enough.  ;)

Rainshadow

Whoa, art stuff a week early?!  How did that happen?  Oh, yeah, 'cause I was happy with all but one of the drawings and wanted to show them to y'all as soon as possible.  ;D

Jet-kun
 A growing wall of thorn bushes, yo.  8)

[close]
Misc.
 This first one took me, like, four hours and a billion reference pictures because I couldn't remember for the life of me what the different characters' armour looked like.  :P  And then the editing for just this drawing took me nearly a half hour (there were yellowish-grey clouds of pencil shavings everywhere!  What's up with that?), so... yeah.  Time-consuming drawing.  But I like how it turned out.  Sissy fight between Fenris and Anders with my Hawke attempting to break it up.

My little cousin and I were watching Pokémon yesterday and she told me I had to draw a Pokémon for her (specifically Pikachu or two other choices that I can't for the life of me remember :P), so on the way home I drew my favourite Pokémon, Totodile.

And, finally, the lamest sketch dump I've ever done.  It woulda had more drawings in it (probably just Han and Oliver doodles), but we got home and had to start unloading the car when I hadn't finished, so I just went, "Eh, I don't even care.  I'll do another dump next week and draw them then."  ::)  But, yeah, Adam's family.  He has two twin brothers who are little stinkers, an elven mom who acts a lot like a human, which is really weird, and then his dad whose drawing looks really creepy for some reason.  I only meant to give him some wrinkles, but he turned out weird.  :P

[close]

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Rainshadow on March 31, 2015, 10:07:38 PM
  @Sage-kun and Leatgo:  Thanks!  And Leatgo, you could even go as far as saying "Rainshadow" and "Black Rain", too.  ;D  "Black" and "shadow" aren't the same word, but shadows are black, so... close enough.  ;)

Haha nice!!!

Your new art is looking great!!! I like how you put emotions into your characters, that's what I find most difficult to do.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner