which character deaths made you sad?

Started by Veil Sixclaw, March 24, 2013, 12:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NinjaMonkey

Felldoh and the otter, "master of many disguises" i almost cried when i heard both of these
NinjaMonkey

Faiyloe

I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

NinjaMonkey

dont remember, this was the one that died saving 2 dibbons, the one with gingaver, the wildcat, i would read it again, but i forgot what book it was in.
NinjaMonkey

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: NinjaMonkey on September 23, 2013, 02:32:01 PM
dont remember, this was the one that died saving 2 dibbons, the one with gingaver, the wildcat, i would read it again, but i forgot what book it was in.
It was in Mossflower.

Some sad deaths for me were Drander and Kite the Slayer, from The Rogue Crew, and Bragoon and Saro.  :'( (Only, I was half expecting Kite's death, because someone I know read The Rogue Crew first and mentioned some bloodthirsty ottermaid dying.) Oh yeah, and Jukka and Fleetscut's deaths were kinda sad. Mother Mellus's was rather shocking.

EDIT: Actually, I had found out about most of these deaths beforehand. And most of the deaths in the series, too.   :P  :-[
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Faiyloe

Jukka and Fleetscut's deaths were so sad... I was like they finally made up...  :'( :'( :'(
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Brinty

The hare from High Rulan who died as a dragon slayer is the saddest death I can think of.
Frodo: "Sam you must understand I'm going alone"
Sam: "Of course you are, and I'm coming with you!"

Hook: "Come on peter pan fly to the rescue and I'll shoot you right through your noble intentions!"

Bard: "You have no right, no right to enter that mountain!"
Thorin: "I have thee only right.

Tam and Martin

That was Cuthbert Frunk W. Bloodpaw. I really liked him also and was so sad when he died  :'(

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Tam and Martin on October 17, 2013, 07:18:30 PM
That was Cuthbert Frunk W. Bloodpaw. I really liked him also and was so sad when he died  :'(
I know, right!  :'(
Next time I'm outside on a clear night, where I can see the stars, I'm going to look for Cuthbert and his daughter...  :)
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Tam and Martin

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on October 18, 2013, 11:34:35 PM
Quote from: Tam and Martin on October 17, 2013, 07:18:30 PM
I know, right!  :'(
Next time I'm outside on a clear night, where I can see the stars, I'm going to look for Cuthbert and his daughter...  :)
I did that once! Although that made me think of Cuthbert and his death... :'(

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

JangoCoolguy

(Warning, some of these didn't so much as make me "sad" as I felt really bad for the characters)

Rose's death is, was and shall be the saddest in the series

Skalrath

Warbeak (especially in the Show)

Bragoon & Saro

Veil
It's made even worse by the fact that even Bryony threw him under the bus in the end (Thanks, Jacques! >:( )

Graypatch
Oh yes, he had it coming. But there's no fun in seeing a bad guy get his when the fight's gone out of him. Hell, it's as much Oak Tom's fault those hares were killed.

Razzid Wearat
Again, he had it coming. But it was such a cheap, unsatisfying death for such a cool villain. Dude took being impaled by Martin's sword with "That all ya got?!". A guy like that deserved better than a deus ex machine conk on the noggin'

Slagar
After being so cunning and cool throughout "Mattimeo", he's killed by carelessness that makes you wonder if it's really a certain coyote is under that mask.

Ublaz Madeyes
Of all the ways he had to go...

Cuthbert Blanedale Frunk/ Cuthbert Frunk W. Bloodpaw/Log-a-Log Boodul/Brockfang Frunk
Mainly because it was such a random, unnecessary, almost  Red Shirt-uesqe death

Prince Bladd
Triss, Shogg, and Sleeve talked about him being a jerk like the rest of his family, but all I ever saw was a fun gooball with a silly accent. The fact his death was more reported than shown makes it even cheaper.

Plugg Firetail
It was bound to happen, but that didn't make it any less sad  :'(  Heck, I feel bad for the entire crew of the Seascab. If Grubbage was worthy of surviving, then so were they!

Sawney Rath
He should've been the main villain of his book and lasted longer, culminating to a final, emotional showdown with Deyna. Instead he was killed off early for simplicity and left "The Taggerung" without a villain...

The black birds and reptiles from Doomwhyte. Especially the reptiles.
They'd suffered enough through the story, but woodlanders decided to kill 'em all and let Martin sort 'em out anyway. It's especially annoying when they were hard on Tugga for killing Chigga earlier. I'm especially pissed with Zaran for capturing and interrogating some, only to kill them when she was done. (Talk about ungrateful. Just because you're family was killed doesn't mean you get to murder low level creatures who told you what you wanted to know.)

The last six members of Gulo's horde
This puts me in a minority of my own, but I just felt like there was no need when the battle was over and much of the fight had gone out of them. Unfortunately, no one screws with the Long Patrol and lives to tell of it.  

Iamthatis

I just got done reading Martin the Warrior and when Rose died that was sad she was so brave to help Martin
IAMTHATIS MY SWORD SHALL WEILD FOR ME
RIP BRIAN JACQUES

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Iamthatis on December 18, 2013, 08:02:20 PM
I just got done reading Martin the Warrior and when Rose died that was sad she was so brave to help Martin
So true, so true....

Life is too short to rush through it.

Gonff the Mousethief

I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Gnoflet

Methuselah made me skip his death every time I read the book
Shut him up or shut him down.
Normal is just a setting on your dryer.