News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

New here, looking for role-plays ~

Started by Para the Mite, March 30, 2013, 01:28:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Para the Mite

I realize this place isn't super active, but then again I don't really need it to be. I'm just searching for other writers to write with, maybe meet some cool fellow Redwall-lovers, who knows. lol

I'm a writer and role-player of 10+ years with plenty of literary love to share. I've always enjoyed writing but Brian Jacques really defined a style and created a colorful world that was endlessly creative and unique. Few people do that these days, really. I really think the art of writing is being lost. I meet less and less people who can even...well...spell. lol

Doesn't leave much else to be expected when people can't even use Spellchecker. lolz

Anyway, if anyone would be interested in concocting a fun, interesting, traditional Redwall story with some nifty Redwall original characters (I only use OCs), then reply here I guess. x3

Just keep in mind I certainly can write quite a bit and I would hope people could at least...try to keep up? Not to say I expect novels from my writing partners but...I do appreciate more substance than less. xD
'Paws of wrong meet paws of right,
As autumn leaves would turn.
Fates entangled in dawn's cruel light,
Where the lizard fires once burned.
The shadows of evil walk with thee, thy babe,
Dare ye wish it not to be true?
Wouldst thou seek the path of right,
If it brought only pain to you?'

W0NWILL

I'd obsolutely love to do a roleplay with you. Quick note though, this would go in OOC, but don't worry, we've all made mistakes in putting topics in the wrong place. What sort of roleplay were you thinking?

KitrallStreamrippler

I completely agree with you- writing is, sadly, becoming a lost art. I would like to RP with you too. What did you have in mind? (Oh, there are some great fanfics on here, if you look under the "Fan Works" section.)
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Rainshadow

I'd be willing to join.  *Insert quite awkward silence because I'm not sure of what to say now*
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Para the Mite

Oh man...I didn't even see the OOC section. lol, This forum loads kinda' slow on my browser and I get in a hurry. xD

But...anyway! Wow! I'm surprised people responded already! xD, With interest! xDDD

I wouldn't mind putting together some form of group RP so everyone can play. =D, But I also don't mind doing a couple one-on-ones too, with other characters or something. I know some people prefer not to group. x3

Did anyone have any sort of characters or plot themes in mind? I have plenty of characters and concepts to pick and choose from in my repertoire, plus I'm always ready to draft new characters. ;3

I don't have any characters in mind right this second (no idea why I'm drawing a blank...lol) Oh wait...yeah I do...I'm trying to think of good characters...I guess I prefer playing vermin. xD

One character of mine immediately comes to mind, a ferret chieftain leading a rather sizable force of exiled Juska, Painted Ones and other southland, southern Mossflower tribes. She's one of my more brutal vermin characters. Believes only in strength and courage and kills all beasts she deems cowards. Her following is either extremely loyal or extremely frightened of her. She is called the Wild One, Chieftain of the Savage (her horde of very tribal, primal creatures).

I have...a black fox called Gerrin Volk but generally goes by Baron Volk. He came from the Mountains of the North though nobeast is sure exactly where, though he had threescore creatures in-tow, all vicious, emotionless weasels and stoats; until he began his journeying south, destroying any vermin band in his path. They preyed on small bands and gangs at first, but every time Gerrin selects the most vicious fighters from the survivors then has the rest slain. He gives those chosen warriors a choice, serve him or die. Most choose to serve. Most also live to regret it, or otherwise live in constant fear. Gerrin is quite mad and has the tendency to go from smiling and friendly to ripping out entrails of somebeast the next. This paired with some dark, deep-rooted sadism earned the fox a frightening reputation which is leading a slow trail towards Mossflower. I've played Gerrin once before, and he was a blast. Mainly because he tends to act on very shallow and fleeting whims. He's quite eccentric, not truly evil, but...well, you'd have to decide that for yourself, really. lol

Who else...

I always love Corsairs and Freebooters, Sea Raiders too. Anything on the brine with pirates or sea otters. xD lol

I have a pine marten Sea Raider captain, come to think of it. Captain Halfgrin Flynn, a handsome swashbuckler with bloodthirst in his eyes. There's nothing Flynn loves better than a good scrap and that (paired with the possibility of booty) drives him towards Redwall Abbey after going through Hellgates to get his paws on some ancient charts which show the way. I never actually figured out how he even got the charts to start with, so that could be an interesting story. He came from across the Northeastern Sea, so, it could be from very uncharted lands.

So far that's all that comes to mind. xD

That and I love the Juska. Zann Juskarath Taggerung! xD lol

BrookSkimmer

Welcome to role playing at Redwallabbey.com! Glad to have another seasoned RPer here.  ;D

Not exactly sure what you mean by this place being "not super active". I'm sure you'll see we keep things moving along quite well here.  ;)

I'd love to get into an RP with you. I'd say either going with the horde idea or something on the sea sounds like fun. How we do things here is, once you get an idea for your RP you make an OOC thread for it on this board. People will sign up with characters and you all work together to map out the basics of the plot. Once that's done it can go up as an RP on the in progress RP board.

Para the Mite

Super-active as in, number of active members. I've seen about 12 filter on and about, that's generally considered pretty tiny for forums; though it doesn't necessarily reflect its efficiency.

But as for role-playing...really? I mean...I'm pretty straight-forward and generally don't want to work out too much of the plot. Nor do I really care about people's characters, I mean...I trust that if people believe their character is well-written and non-Mary-Sue, I take their word for it. I generally don't make people fill out profiles...lol, After all, I want to find out about the other characters in-game. Takes half the fun out if I already know their whole back-story.

So I guess if I prefer simple one-on-ones then I should just message people directly who have replied here and organize them through PMs...?

Or...would I be able to post an open role-playing thread (in-character) that others could join if they so desire?

BrookSkimmer

You can open a role play but I would like you to open an OOC board for the role play here as well. That keeps from having lots of OOC comments in the role play thread itself. It also allows people a quick reference for which characters are in the rp.

Totally utilize the PM system as well for setting up role plays. I've used that method more than once for setting up my own rps.

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here!

Para the Mite

Quote from: BrookSkimmer on March 30, 2013, 11:30:00 PM
You can open a role play but I would like you to open an OOC board for the role play here as well. That keeps from having lots of OOC comments in the role play thread itself. It also allows people a quick reference for which characters are in the rp.

Totally utilize the PM system as well for setting up role plays. I've used that method more than once for setting up my own rps.

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here!

Gotcha'. Guess I better get workin' then. xD

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone. ^^