News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Story Ideas

Started by Thomas Barkshield, April 11, 2013, 12:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas Barkshield

I was looking to write a Redwall fanfic and I would appreciate story ideas. Just the basic theme, nothing too intricate.

Buzz_Bumble

A strange blue box appears inside the grounds of Redwall and out steps an owl who introduces himself as "The Doctor" ... it's Doctor Woo of course.  ;)

Thomas Barkshield

I'd prefer to sick to he original Redwall style. ;)

Lily

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on April 11, 2013, 02:21:43 AM
A strange blue box appears inside the grounds of Redwall and out steps an owl who introduces himself as "The Doctor" ... it's Doctor Woo of course.  ;)

Oh my goodness, somebody please write this! Hilarious idea!

blindsimeonjtp

how about this mathias woke up from a bad dream and   all of the sudden he herd a loud noise he drew his sword................

Thomas Barkshield

That would make a great beginning!

Rainshadow

Quote from: Lily on April 11, 2013, 02:44:50 AM
Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on April 11, 2013, 02:21:43 AM

Oh my goodness, somebody please write this! Hilarious idea!

Challenge accepted.  (With Buzz's permission to take the idea, of course ;))
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Thomas Barkshield

I think I'll change something. As of right now anybody can post any Ideas for anybody to use. This eliminates having to ask permission for the idea (you are effectively giving permission to use the idea by posting it).

Buzz_Bumble

No need for my permission ... it was only partly my idea. Someone else made the Doctor Woo picture (there's a couple of other ones too and someone had made some little Doctor Woo figurines I think you can buy). I just thought an owl-based Doctor Who fitted quite well with Redwall, especially since there's also a Doctor Who topic on here as well.  :)

I have got anoth part-idea based on images I've found on the Internet over the years, but I'll have to gather the images first (it's a pain being on a dial-up connection).

cregga rose eyes

Reverse Redwall stereotypes, such as a Wolvirine being lord at Salamandrastron and a ferret abbott at Redwall. And a vicious mouse warlord. A random idea I know I'll never get around too.
Drifting with the wind
I usually go by LakeLake nowadays

Romsca

Or with a rat abbot and a ferret abbey warrior

Buzz_Bumble

Or, switch it from being based on England / English animals to ...

• America: a skunk Warrior and a groundhog Abbot
  • Australia: a platypus Abbot and a wallaby Warrior
  • Africa: a meerkat Abbot and a lion Warrior
  • Asia: a panda Warrior ... oh, wait, that might get you sued by the makers of Kung Fu Panda
:)

Thomas Barkshield

I don't believe you can get sued, as long as you are not making a profit.

Buzz_Bumble

I was only joking ... but yes, most companies do turn a blind eye to things that are not sold for a profit  like fan-made fiction, pictures, videos, freeware / shareware games, T-shirts printed for your fanclub group, etc. (you are allowed to charge for the cost of the T-shirt, CD, or whatever of course) as long as they aren't causing a lot of intellectual damage to the franchise - most see it as a form of free advertising.

If you stupidly start trying to sell such things for a profit out of someone else's work without their permission, then you're very likely to hear from the company's lawyers very quickly ... and realistically you get what you deserve since you're basically stealing.