Tower of the Deep

Started by Norham Waterpaw, April 13, 2013, 03:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KitrallStreamrippler

OOC:
@ Jet: I don't think you are.
@Rusvul: Excellent! I was hoping for an opportunity to learn a new spell- mine are virtually useless in a fight.
@Dinte: O.O Good idea... And it's actually an agressive power, which is what I need. I'm going to extend it a little farther though, and say that she can manipulate her shadow and shadows of most inanimate objects. (If anyone thinks this is too much, let me know. It shouldn't be though, right?) Her gem is a black quartz.

BIC: Rhys examined her katar and found a smoky black gem in the handle. She called a small fire to see it better, but her attention was distracted by the shadows cast by the flames. They seemed almost alive... Then, her shadow actually moved- independently. Rhys quickly discovered that she could move her shadow, and the shadows of objects it was touching. She smiled, already thinking of uses for her new spell.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Dinte

"well wot i knew things would get interestin through the barrier just never knew how much" he floats around the others "ell we gots ourselves a green,purple,blue,white,and black gem i wonder where the red one one is i thinks that is rather peculiar dont ya think chaps" Fayt lays down Rus in the center of the group since he is still unconscious and appears under dinte as dinte descends to his spot on Fayt's back and sits down
you find this offensive, i find it funny, that is why i am happier than you

Jetthebinturong

Murlo and Dusk had gathered up all the stones and laid them in a circle in the middle of the ring of obelisks, one had a water drop carved on it, one had a flame, one had a lightning bolt, one had a cloud, one was blank and one of course was a mountain. "Okay," said Dusk "I think it's pretty obvious where the flame, drop and bolt go"
"Agreed," replied Murlo picking up the flame and inserting it into the red obelisk "red, blue and yellow"
"Yes and I think the mountain goes in green"
"Again agreed, what gets me is the cloud and the blank one"
"Yes, the cloud could be a storm cloud so it would go in black, but then again it could just be a normal cloud and go in white"
"True and the blank one could go in either black or white, so which goes where?"
"I would have thought that if it was a storm cloud then there would be rain or lightning coming from it but then again that could be the tower trying to trick us, I think the cloud goes in black"
"Ah but if it were a trick then maybe the tower would trick us by pretending to trick us"
"That is actually an incredibly intelligent way of thinking, I'm surprised"
Murlo growled "Darn it Dusk! You've done nothing but be snide and sarcastic and basically insult everyone since you met us, I would have thought that if someone saved you from almost certain death that you would show them a little respect!"
"A leopard can't change its spots Murlo" Dusk said as he pushed the final stone into place
"Actually" said a cold voice "I rather think that it can"
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: Wait... Huh? Where am I? A little confused.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Jetthebinturong

OOC: Wherever you want to be except you can't be with the group behind the barrier and there must be some kind of puzzle/challenge wherever you are, seeing as I had to create Murlo and Dusk's room and puzzle, I'll let you think of Sedge and Kanin's

KitrallStreamrippler

OOC: I thought everybody got moved to behind the barrier? Hm- I guess not... The tower sure can get confusing! ;) So yeah, I suppose you can be pretty much anywhere you want.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Dinte

OOC: from what i read is that one group went through the barrier then on the way back they got ported to another area a one way barrier in more than one way. and the people who were still on the other side i guess off chat made it through the trapped hallway into another room lets go with that is what happened

Jetthebinturong

OOC: No we didn't get past the trapped hallway, we were split into pairs and teleported by a mysterious force

Dinte

OOC: alright i will go with that

KitrallStreamrippler

OOC: Well, whatever happened, I think we can all agree that the tower is quite confusing and mysterious. It shouldn't really matter how it happened, right? To each his own explanation.

BIC: Rhys blinked in surprise. "A red gem? I don't recall seeing one. However, if you saw it, I must take your word for it."

Jetthebinturong

"Providing the leopard is metaphorical that is" The room had gone completely dark and Murlo and Dusk's nightvision spells were not serving them correctly, they were utterly blind. Dusk began forming a small tornado between his wings and Murlo drew his cutlass from his belt. The voice took on a sickeningly cute tone "Awww, you want to play with me? Isn't that sweet!" a tendril of shadow darker than the room shot out and tore the cutlass from Murlo's hand, at the same time, three spears of darkness shot towards Dusk. The bat dodged to the side, losing his focus on the tornado. The darkness in the room receded and revealed that they were no longer in the obelisk room but a large circular chamber filled with Egyptian sarcophagi, standing at the back in front of a sarcophagus slightly larger than the rest was a tall black fox in a sleeveless black coat that went down to his ankles. On his hands were fingerless gauntlets and a katana was sheathed over his shoulder. Around him, many tendrils of shadow writhed and wriggled, one of them was wrapped around the hilt of Murlo's cutlass
"What a pathetic toy"
Another tendril wrapped around the blade of the sword and pulled down, snapping the blade off at the hilt. Murlo loaded a stone into his sling and dusk began to form four more small tornados
"It seems you want a rematch? Very well then" The fox stepped forward, and they backed away, he appeared behind Dusk and launched him flying across the room. Murlo whirled around and whipped off a slingstone but the fox was not there, he appeared behind Murlo smashing at him with his katana and sending him flying. He looked over to Murlo and Dusk who were getting back up "Ready for round three?"

OOC: I would like the barrier group to come and find these two while they are getting their butts kicked by this guy and for Sedge and Kanin to find them shortly afterwards, prepare for more elemental entities, what? You thought he who walks in shadows was the only one? Think again 

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: Just OOC: me when you want me, I'm totally lost... BTW! I'm gone from the 1st through the 12th! (LDC)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

KitrallStreamrippler

OOC: Is the room that Dusk and Murlo are in near or connected to the room that the 'barrier group' are in? They certainly sound similar, and it would provide a plausible reason for the group to suddenly vacate their present location, especially with Rus still unconscious. ('Did you hear something?' 'Yeah, let's go check it out!')

Jetthebinturong

OOC: Yes I was thinking just down a short corridor

Rusvul

This post was deleted due to conflict with an intended but unspoken storyline