Tower of the Deep

Started by Norham Waterpaw, April 13, 2013, 03:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norham Waterpaw

Ooc: Meanwhile....

The Ancient One sat on his throne at the top of the tower. His great sword lay at his side. Well, I should describe the Ancient One to you at once. He had a gold circut about muzzle, not to stop him from openong his mouth, which he could, but as decoration, sort of like a crown would be for somebeast else. From that circut, came a small rounded oval, which covered his right eye, like an eye-patch, which is what it was. His build was quite muscular, but lean. He had small plates of armor running up his sleek neck, and a chestplate that had no sheen to it, but it seemed like it should. His right arm had armor on it aswell. He wore heavy black boots, complimented with gold designs. He was sleeping right now, he had been for many ages. But how long his sleep would last, is probably not long.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Jetthebinturong

OOC: Are we allowed to make evil characters as in servants of the Ancient One?

Kanin stared at the huge bronze montrosity, what had the squirrel called it? The Ashen Fiend? Kanin didn't know why it was called Ashen but he found the description of fiend quite fitting. In Kanin's eyes it looked just how a fiend should, completely terrifying and powerful

OOC: To be continued, i gtg
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rusvul

The exhaust and excess steam built up in the beast... But it wasn't enough. It didn't explode or malfunction

KitrallStreamrippler

As soon as the thing was distracted, Rhys faded, blending into the background. She really hoped that it relied on sight to locate its enemies, especially as Cable had put out its eye. Steam was building up in the beast- Rhys smiled. "Let's see how this beastie likes a fireball," she whispered, calling on her power to pull one together.

gtg, to be continued...
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Dannflower Reguba

Sedge rolled his eyes yet again, these beasts were climbing all over a monstrosity capable of heating its plates to searing temperatures! "Get off a' that thing! It'll roast the life right out of you!"

OOC: Who's the GM? Since the thing was left open-ended, I'm kinda just making things up about it as I go... IS that okay?
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Jetthebinturong

OOC: Norham is the GM. The ashen fiend was his idea so I guess giving it powers is pping a bit? Also why did you call it the Ashen Fiend?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

KitrallStreamrippler

Rhys' fireball was now about the size of her head. It was obvious that she couldn't make it much bigger without it being a serious drain on her energy. Concentrating, she formed it into a compact, rope-like shape. She then directed toward the beast. "Amos, get your dagger outta there! This is going in!" She hoped that Amos did as she asked, as she couldn't hold the fiery rope much longer.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Rusvul

Rusvul vaulted onto the creature's back. As he pulled out the dagger, he replaced it with a bone to hold the pressure. He then jumped off, yelling loudly "NOW!!". He landed roughly, staggered a few steps, and fell. It was all he could hope that Rhys's plan would work, he didn't have any more fight left in him.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Cable shielded his eyes from the bright fireball Rhys was creating. Sometimes increased awareness wasn't so great. His daggar might have partially blinded the beast, but it was far from being defeated. The squirrel's statement about it roasting them made him hope that this plan didn't backfire and end up fueling the beast instead of destroying it.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Norham Waterpaw

Ooc: Yeah, danflor, I am the GM, that was pping the beast, but I'll let it slip... This time!  ;)

Amos heard Rhys' cry. He leaped off the beast before a snake of fire went in the top vent. The beast began making a deep chugging sound. It creaked and groaned. "Everybeast take cover!" Amos yelled, as he rolled behind a pillar.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Rusvul

Rusvul armored himself, he could do no more, but the armor was thin and wispy. Rusvul's last thought was "It's not enough...!" before he passed out.

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: Hey, I asked about it for a reason.  :P And besides, this thing needed SOMETHING to define it, we have no descrips of anything here. Just sayin' BIC:

Sage had been working himself down to the sides of the crazy beasts. He roared, "BACK!" and held his staff straight in front of him, sending a powerful push in front of him. The idea was to shove the creature against the other wall so that collateral damage would avoided.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Norham Waterpaw

Ooc: Yeah, I should have put in a little more detail.  :P

Amos saw the sage blow the huge beast back. It didn't quite explode, but it just made some more chugging sounds, and a burst of fire blew out of its head.

The Ancient One sat, sleeping on his throne. His paws clenched.

Rusvul

OOC: Ooh, the ancient one! In your first post, didn't u say that we hopefully won't wake him? I would make Rus do something, but he passed out like 5 seconds ago... :P

KitrallStreamrippler

Rhys sat down hard- it had taken almost all of her energy to hold that fire in such a controlled form. Hoping that she wouldn't pass out like poor Rusvul, she watched the beast warily. It looked like it might blow up...