News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Crossed Swords Plotting Round 3

Started by BrookSkimmer, April 22, 2013, 11:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

So, are you leaving the tournament?

Redwaller

Quote from: BloodGullet on May 19, 2013, 05:16:26 PM
yep, time for her exit.  BTW, thanks wonwil for a great post!  It really was a perfect opening and made the story write itself.  (spoiler) when you read it, think of the second star wars and the last scene between Darth and Luke, where Luke's hand is cut off and then Darth looks at his own - that's what it made me think of, after reading it later anyhow.

Anyway, its been fun, but I thought it was time for a break.  I'm sure you all understand, and her story was pretty much over anyway.

Looking forward to the next one!  Hmmm.. perhaps I'll start one . . have an idea brewin' now  ;D

Happy Posting everyone!!  Yar Har!  Anchors Away!
So you don't want to be in the next round?

Kitsune

Redwaller

But it was still a great ending. It even sent a shiver down my spine with delight at this beautiful(and painful) ending.

BloodGullet

thanks Redwaller! No, I think I'll bow out now.  It's been fun, but it's also been kind of tough to find the time.  In a month or so, I might be able to get back to posting.
When ye hear me muzzle lock, say yer prayers, ye bilgerat!

W0NWILL

I have to say, it was great fun roleplaying with you.

BrookSkimmer

Alright y'all get those last posts in! This round is closing at the end of today! :D

Icefire

Wow, Bloodgullet! That was a FANTASTIC final post! It's sad to see your character go, though.

@Warrior: WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!! That was awesome!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Rainshadow

Wow, guys, I leave for ONE DAY and y'all try to kill off all your characters?  ;)  I'm quite enjoying this, actually!  I mean, BloodGullet, that last post was just awesome.  Beautiful.  And Warrior, when you started talking about the warrior's lullaby, I was just like:  "AHHHHHHH!!  THAT'S SO AWESOME!!!"  :P  Great job, everyone!  :D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

BloodGullet

Thanks, Rainshadow and Icefire, and I agree, great battle between the captain and Warrior of Redwall.  I've also enjoyed reading the gritty battle between Liv Aegis and Sculrig.  Great plot twist to re-enter the battle, and the ending of Skulrig was gruesome, (in a good way :D).  Great writing everyone!
When ye hear me muzzle lock, say yer prayers, ye bilgerat!

WarriorOfMossflower

Thanks everybody for the compliments, I tried my best to go out with a bang. I think I write best under pressure: today I had about thirty minutes to formulate a final post before I had to leave for the majority of the day.
FYI, you will see me in the next round, because Sora's not quite dead yet. Emphasis on 'yet'.
And now I am off to see the post by BloodGullet that you're all raving about. I also need to read everybody else's duels, because in all honesty I haven't been keeping up with them.

Edit: Wow, that really was quite beautiful, BloodGullet! And W0NWILL, I enjoyed your posts as well! I think you two put together a great duel. It was a pleasure to read.
Now, for the rest of the duels!   :)
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

Icefire

OH! I forgot to mention that I absolutely love the Spera vs. Hooktail duel. I wish we could see how that one plays out!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Rainshadow

Quote from: Icefire on May 20, 2013, 02:16:37 AM
OH! I forgot to mention that I absolutely love the Spera vs. Hooktail duel. I wish we could see how that one plays out!

Thank you!  ;D  I felt like I was making Spera quite the defenseless wimp, though.  :P  Well, I guess that's kinda what she is!  Lol.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

DanielofRedwall

Thanks for allowing me to make one post, Warrior, I enjoyed it! Very nice writing! Ahh, it is good to get back in to role play again... :)
Received mostly negative reviews.

Dannflower Reguba

Ugh, I think I've had writers block this whole round.  :( From what I've seen, you guys have all had some great duels and posts. Good luck guys!  :)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This