News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Do you ever watch children's TV shows?

Started by Orinoco, May 05, 2013, 09:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orinoco

Pretty much my whole TV viewing time is spent watching shows aimed at young kids, the reason being because I'm not a fan of what most other shows have - inappropriate humor.

So, does anyone else have this same predicament? If so, here's the place to post your favorite children's programming!  ;D

Some children's shows I enjoy are...
- Sofia the First on Disney Junior
- Peter Rabbit on Nick Jr. (read the Beatrix Potter books growing up, so I naturally like this show)
- Arthur on PBS Kids
- Wordgirl on PBS Kids (lots of witty humor that I enjoy)

Yep, I occasionally get teased about liking these shows by some of my peers, but I really don't care. You should like what you want to like.  ;)
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

Rainshadow

I watch Dreamworks Dragons:  Riders of Berk.  I loved the movie, loved the books, and I quite enjoy the show.  :)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Romsca

There's a show for How to Train Your Dragon?? :o :D

I used to watch My Little Pony all the time, until I ran out of episodes. I think season four is coming this winter! Occasionally I watch Wordgirl and Jessie. A kid's show I LONG to see but have never seen YET is Jake and the Neverland Pirates

Redwallfan7

I'm 19 now, so I have to find a balance in watching kids shows. For me kids programming can be good if it includes some jokes and moments for adults too. If it's too kiddish, I tend to lose interest. I'm not saying I lean towards gory and inappropriate, but I love kids shows whose writers aren't afraid to put in moments that can go over younger viewer's heads and hold the attention of us older viewers. Some examples of kids shows that do this are iCarly, Rocko's Modern Life, The Regular Show, and the classic Looney Tunes.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

phoenixfoden

i collect cartoon dvds like tom and jerry and disney movies,i hardly watch other shows

Rusvul

Being a kid, I do watch kids shows, but not a lot. I mostly just watch Redwall, Avatar the last Airbender (And Korra), minecraft videos, and Mythbusters (Season ten! Yay!).

Orinoco

Quote from: Romsca on May 06, 2013, 02:05:28 AM
A kid's show I LONG to see but have never seen YET is Jake and the Neverland Pirates

Oh my gosh, I watched that show the other day, and it was adorable! A little kiddish, yes, but I was actually able to sit through a whole half hour and not get bored.

I'm never gonna grow up.  ::) :D
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

CrazyPug37

Please, Teletubbies WAS the best kid's show.  Ever.
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

Redwallfan7

Rocko's Modern Life is great and also classic Looney Tunes
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Corporal Firalay

Regular Show, Adventure Time and the Amazing World of Gumball XD
"My Horde is mighty, my Horde is fearless, shudder under the gaze of Viskata Tatt - fear my name!" -Viskata Tatt
Read the whole story at: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=3660.0

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Orinoco on May 05, 2013, 09:53:22 PM
Pretty much my whole TV viewing time is spent watching shows aimed at young kids, the reason being because I'm not a fan of what most other shows have - inappropriate humor.

So, does anyone else have this same predicament?

Me thoughtz exactly. TV uzed tae be zae good an' zimple. PBS zeemz tae be one o' ze few zat'z ztayed good. Zure, zome o' ze ztuff like Curiouz George may be dumb, but zat'z ze only problem vith it. Dumb, ztupid, borin', annoyin', and etc, but zat'z ze only problem vith 'em. Ye can get yer messagez acrozz easily vithoot addin' inappropriate ztuff tae it. Tiz juzt zad 'ov bad TV'z gotten novadayz.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Firehawke

I love watching kids shows!!!  Especially ones from the 60s, 70s, and 80s (love Smurfs and Muppet Babies)!!!  I need a cartoon fix every day!
Also huge fan of Rugrats and Wonderpets!
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Rocky and Bulvinkle, Pokemon, Yugioh, Peanuts, Garfield, Spiderman and his Amazing Friends, X-Men, ah... Great zhovz, great timez!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Gingivere Greeneyes

Quote from: Corporal Firalay on May 07, 2013, 02:56:52 PM
Regular Show, Adventure Time and the Amazing World of Gumball XD

Story of my life. Plus nearly all cartoons on the CBBC network. Come on, who dosent love Shaun the sheep and Arthur? XD
I remember this one show I loved called Animalia. I would watch the hell out of it if it was still on air!
Sela: The leaf is Redwall, Chickemhound is the boot.
Chickenhound: I don't wanna be the boot!
Sela: Shut up your the boot. You, Cluny are the rock, and I'm the sports car.
Cluny: I wanna be the sports car!
Sela: No. I'm always the sports car. D:<

UNKN0WN