News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Duel: "Marsh Battle"

Started by KitrallStreamrippler, May 07, 2013, 11:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusvul

Rusvul knew that the ferret wouldn't be trying to flush him out if she knew where he was, so he continued to quietly sneak around Halfmask, until he was behind her. Hoping that he had not been detected, he took his longest knife- the only one he had not thrown- and pitched it at Halfmask. If she was not able to dodge it, the blade would stick right in her back- right inbetween her ribs, headed for the heart. It was a good throw, it had the power to slay  Halfmask, and likely would unless the ferret had detected Rusvul's movement....

KitrallStreamrippler

Halfmask's neck fur prickled- something was not quite right. Turning suddenly, she saw Rusvul's dagger at the last second, but was unable to dodge. It buried itself deep in her upper right arm. In fact, it's point went all the way through. Grunting with pain, she removed it. A thousand curses on that fox! Her glaive was now useless, as she needed both paws to wield it. She did have her dagger though, and now she had Rusvul's too. "Lissen ta me, yew spineless toad," she called. "If'n yew comes out now, we kin face each other unarmed, an' ye'll die quick. But if'n I have ter kill yew with a weppin, it's gonna be slow an' painful. Wot d'yer say?"
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Rusvul

Rusvul appeared behind Halfmas. "Why should I face yew unarmed? I've got the use of both my arms, and I've got a sabre. You only have one arm to use, and two daggers. How are you going to use them both?" Rusvul drew his sword, attempting to chase Halfmask into the bog.

KitrallStreamrippler

Halfmask turned to face Rusvul, then took a step back, as if frightened. Suddenly, she lunged forward under Rusvul's saber, thrusting with her dagger.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Rusvul

Rusvul was not anticipating such a move, however, he was fast enough to prevent serious harm. He deflected the blow lower, so that instead of gutting him, it formed a terrible gash on his leg. Rusvul tried to hook his blade on the guard, in a manuever that would leave Halfmask the choice of dropping the blade, or losing a few claws. He hoped she didn't know a lot about swordplay, because there was a simple counter to this devious manuever.

KitrallStreamrippler

Halfmask grimaced as Rusvul's blade scraped against her knuckles. She dropped her dagger, quockly switching the other dagger to her good paw. Quick as lightning, she struck, her blade trying to find its deadly way to Rusvul's face.

Rusvul

Rusvul dodged the blade, despite this, it still scored a long but shallow scratch across his forehead. This impaired him greatly, however, as the blood flowed freely into his eyes. Squinting, barely able to see, he attempted to hack at Halfmask's legs. With luck, he would injure her leg so that she could not walk.

KitrallStreamrippler

Halfmask, flushed with her success at wounding Rusvul, didn't notice his wild swings. As a result, his blade cut through most of the muscle on her lower leg. She could stand, but just barely, and walking or (though she hated to admit she might need it) running was out of the question. Screeching in pain, she lunged forward again, propelled by rage and her good leg.

Rusvul

Rusvul could barely see, and wasn't expecting such quick retaliation. The knife literally skewered him, sunk up to its hilt in his side. Miraculously, it missed all his vital organs, and so he was not a threat of immediate death, however, he would likely bleed to death afterwards. That is, if he survived... He could barely think, due to the blinding pain, however he had one thought: disarm and divert. He swung his sword at Halfmask's throat, while attempting to twist his torso to disarm her. He heard a whistling sound, which confused him greatly. He then heard the agonized cries of vermin behind him.
Reed javelins.
The amphibians were attacking.

KitrallStreamrippler

All Halfmask managed to do was collapse backwards. At least she avoided getting her throat slit, but now she was more vulnerable to attack. She dragged herself off as quickly as se could toward the bushes, hoping that nobeast would see her- especially as those blasted toads were back.

Rusvul

Rusvul could not persue. He was too badly injured, and he couldn't risk getting hit by a reed javelin. He couldn't pull he knife out of his side, either, or he would die of blood loss. He threw his sabre, in one last desperate attempt to slay Halfmask.

KitrallStreamrippler

Halfmask, almost safe under the bushes, screeched in agony as the saber neatly severed her tail. Dragging herself the rest of the way into the undergrowth, she collapsed. In her present state, it was only a matter of time before she died of blood loss or infection- unless she got help, which was highly unlikely.

Rusvul

Rusvul knew his opponent was done for. He searched for anything he could attack her with. He found a reed javelin that had just missed his head, and threw it. As hard as he could. He doubted Halfmask would be able to dodge. After throwing it, a smile crept onto his face. Now, to get the crew to heal him. He could survive these wounds, he had suffered worse. " Ahoy, mates, help me up! She's dead! I've won the duel! I-" He was cut short, and the crewbeasts stared in amazement. A reed javelin was protruding from Rusvul's throat. A look of amazement, then agony, then peace passed across his face, he suddenly remembered everything. His entire life, in just a few moments. He knew that at least he would be free of his injuries, and the terrible amphibians attacking him. So died Rusvul the Sabre, Lost King of Marlfoxes.

OOC: Halfmask may or may not have been slain by the reed javelin, but Rusvul is sure that she was. Thus, him saying "She's dead! I've won the duel!".

KitrallStreamrippler

OOC: No, she's totally dead. She wouldn't have survived that long if it weren't for the fact that by this point, neither of the two could aim very well because of their injuries. Congrats! Well, sorta... (I like the twist you put in there at the end- lost King of the Marlfoxes, eh? Shiny.)

Blaggut

~Just a soft space boi~