News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Víkingar

Started by Thomas Barkshield, May 09, 2013, 02:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowed One

Roald drew his sword, beginning to get angry. "How could rats come in here and you not see them? Wait..." Roald looked behind Vel at a trunk in the corner of the room. It was broken open, with nothing inside. "That contained the only map we had of these seas! Seems someone doesn't want us to leave!" Roald looked at Vel. "You wouldn't do that, so that means there were rats in here and you're telling the truth!" Roald ran out of the room, and yelled to Svein, " Rats! There are rats hiding around here!"
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

KitrallStreamrippler

Tyv, who had come back to the ships and rejoined Nama, heard the shouts and grinned. "Do you hear that, sis? Rats are hiding somewhere hereabouts. Do you think they would be desperate enough to try to capture our ships?" Nama nodded thoughtfully, patting her spear. "May'aps, though they'd've had to be stranded 'ere for some time. But if'n they do try, they'll meet a full tribe o' fighters." Tyv plucked her lute strings, already mentally composing a ballad about their heroic victory over a horde of bloodthirsty vermin. "Rats and stoats attacked our boats... Hm, laid a badger low with a single er, hefty blow... Nama stepped forward, death as her byword... Ow! What was that for?" Nama stood, ready to deal out another sharp rap on Tyv's unprotected skull. "Leave me out of yore fancy songs, or I'll hit ye agin, pudden'ead."
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Shadowed One

As Roald ran to the meal area, a huge group of vermin poured down the path towards the Vikings. Roald drew his longbow and started firing at them.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

Thomas Barkshield

" At the ready men!" Svein called. "Charrrrrrge" With that, what was left of the tribe which were not gathering supplies charged headlong into the vermin, slashing left and right with support from some rear archers.

Shadowed One

Since Roald couldn't keep shooting without killing the tribe, he drew his sword and charged the vermin.

OOC: You said men. Maybe you should say beasts or tribe or something since we are animals.

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: I thought the island was deserted.  ???
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Shadowed One

OOC: We thought it was. It is obviously not.

Thomas Barkshield

OOC: Shadowed one: Sorry, I am used to writing about medieval or fantasy, I forget to use proper terms from time to time.

KitrallStreamrippler

Tyv heard the call and dashed forward towards the vermin, swinging her battleaxe mightily. "Iseeeeeen! Vermin, meet my blade!" She took out a rat with one blow and, flushed with furious battle energy, continued wounding and slaying vermin all around her. Her blade was a flashing, humming lightning bolt, bringing death in its wake.

Nama charged also, taking careful but deadly aim with her spear. Not wanting to lose it, she thrust instead of threw it- many vermin felt its tip by the end of the battle. Nama continually glanced at her sister in wonder. The small mousemaid was a completely different creature in battle! After a rat's sword grazed Nama's cheek when she was looking over at Tyv, the otter kept her mind solely on fighting.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Shadowed One

Roald cut his way through the vermin to Svein. "What do we do, Svein? There are too many of them!" he yelled.

Thomas Barkshield

"Retreat to the ship, we can pick them off with bows once were on the water!" he replied.

Shadowed One

"Yes, sir!" Roald says as he cuts through the enemy ranks towards the ships. He gets to them, leaps on board, and draws his bow.

KitrallStreamrippler

Nama heard the call to retreat, but Tyv was oblivious to all but her next target. Nama fought her way to the mousemaid. Then, standing back-to-back with her, she shouted above the melee. "Tyv! Svein called the retreat! Back to the ships!!" Tyv finally snapped out of her battle mode and, nodding, fought her way back to the ships with Nama. By the time they had gotten back on board, both had sustained various small injuries and a couple of bigger ones. There was a nasty gash in Tyv's arm, and Nama was limping on a sprained footpaw.

SFox63

As much as he'd of liked to charge head first into battle with his beloved greatsword, Steinvor decided he would get the troops ready on the ships. Commanding them with great experience, he sets up the archers to cover the retreat of the main forces, arrows flying over the heads of the chief and his crew at the vermin.

Shadowed One

Roald shot arrow after arrow at the vermin, slaying many of them. The Viking ships began to put to sea, but vermin were clinging to the sides.