Redwall Table-Top RPG

Started by WoodlandWarrior, May 13, 2013, 09:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What style of table-top RPG interests you the most?

D6 Rules Light
1 (7.7%)
D20 Open License
5 (38.5%)
Diceless-Story System
4 (30.8%)
Point Buy System
2 (15.4%)
Percentile Based
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Thomas Barkshield

I like them! Do you think we could have legendary weapons and armour, such as martins sword, tams claymore, badger lord armour, etc. BTW woodlanders are like rangers, with less fighting skills.

WoodlandWarrior

Hmm Kitrall you may be correct.  I guess I was thinking of their negative aspect to their charisma.  Much like Hares.  Both can be very charismatic but it can be taken as arrogance....I may change it...

Yes Thomas, things such as certain arms and armor will definitely be included!  They won't be magical in a D&D sense, but they would certainly have bonuses for craftsmanship or racial bonuses.   I'll get to that down the road...just trying to hammer out the basics right now. :)

I figured the Woodlander would function like a ranger.  A good archetype would be a squirrel woodlander....good with a bow, fleet of foot, and natural survivalist.

There can be all kinds of nifty prestige classes from Mariner, Swashbuckler, etc.
"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules."  -Gary Gygax

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Perhapz zere could be a riverbeazt clazz?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

WoodlandWarrior

Will have more substantial notes to post shortly!:)

Edit-

I've been scribbling notes furiously as of late...instead of just mimicking D&D classes,
I was thinking of using classes as skills.  The mechanic is from a game system (BoL) that is quite impressive and easy to use.

Ok....

Step One:  Pick a Race

Step Two: Attributes
Mind
Strength
Agility
Appearance

You get 4 points to split up between them, no higher than 3 to start.

Step Three: Combat Abilities
Brawl
Melee
Ranged
Defense

You get 4 points to split up between them, no higher than 3 to start.

Step Four: Pick Careers

Pick four of the listed careers, split 4 points up between them, careers can start at 4.

Example.

Name: Quickpaw
Race:  Squirrel

Strength: 1
Agility: 2
Appearance: 1
Mind: 0

Brawl: 0
Melee: 0
Ranged: 3
Defense: 1

Careers:
Woodlander 2
Trickster  1
Minstrel 0
Craftsmen 1

So the career Trickster would be rolled with the appropriate attribute when needed.  Instead of having a ton of skills like move silently, hide, open locks, etc, trickster would cover all of them

I.e.
Move Silently = Trickster + Agility
Bluff = Trickster + Mind
Jumping = Trickster + Strength

Thoughts?

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules."  -Gary Gygax

Thomas Barkshield

WoodlandWarrior

Quote from: Thomas Barkshield on June 14, 2013, 10:00:56 PM
Sounds very good!

Cool, thanks.  Once I am feeling a bit better, I'll show more stuff.  I'm battling a nasty respiratory infection right now. :o

KitrallStreamrippler

Good idea- the system sounds pretty simple and easy to use.

Conversely, a respiratory infection sounds awful. I hope it's nothing serious, and I'll keep you in my prayers.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

WoodlandWarrior

Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on June 24, 2013, 02:07:01 AM

Conversely, a respiratory infection sounds awful. I hope it's nothing serious, and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Thank you!  Can you believe that I still have it?!  Today is my last day of antibiotics. 

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

It iz comin' along major! Cannae vait until it ztartz!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

KitrallStreamrippler

Quote from: WoodlandWarrior on July 01, 2013, 11:15:47 AM
Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on June 24, 2013, 02:07:01 AM

Thank you!  Can you believe that I still have it?!  Today is my last day of antibiotics. 

You're welcome, and I'm glad you're getting better. (Last day of antibiotics is a good thing, right?)
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Papaya_Pete

'ello, I was just browsing about and saw that a table-top RPG was being worked on.  How's the progress on this going?

For fun, in my spare time, I wrote up a little Redwall game and called it Redwall - For Fur and Freedom.  Very leery of posting it anywhere, as I don't wish to break any copyright laws.

Sounds like you guys are really hammering out some of the details, though.  Enjoy!

321tumbler

Actually my brother found a table-top RPG called "The Sword of Martin". Look it up it was fan-made.

Papaya_Pete

Hmmm... that's interesting!  The fact that it's been around since 2008 or so gives me the impression that it's Ok to come out with a fan-made RPG then.  Or maybe it's different because it's not posted on the forums?

At any rate, I'd have to work out some more of the kinks and retest anyways.

Blaggut

I LOVE inventing video games, books, board games, and anything like that. But a redwall board game? Meh... Seems unlikely.A video game will be more likely.
~Just a soft space boi~

Papaya_Pete

Ah when we say table-top game, we're actually talking about a pencil and paper role-playing game.  Think DnD, Pathfinder, Bureau 13, Mouseguard, etc.