Round 4: Calm after Chaos (plotting thread)

Started by BrookSkimmer, May 25, 2013, 05:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwaller

I finished editing my third post, and marked my posts.

Icefire

@Dann: We have until Wednesday. I think the transition is fine albeit abrupt. That said, we've all gone through some abrupt transitions this round. Funny how a battle can do that to you...

So, I always start on the plotting thread before seeing what's happened on the actual thread. I was sooooo confused! Great posts, folks! I'll see if I can jump in somewhere else.

IDEA!!!!!! (Mostly for Brook, but I need everyone's input to see if this is even a good idea.)
This is the final round, correct? After the scoring is done, blah, blah, blah, could we have one final thread where we can each write one final epilogue-like post for our characters? Does that make sense? Or we could have an epilogue set a season after (not to be judged....just for the fun of it?) Even the dead could get in on the action with a post from Dark Forest.

@Leatho: Do you mind if I reference our original idea for the search for Martin? I was hoping to keep that plot for future Aegis fics...
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Rainshadow

*Claps hands*  Good job, Won and Blood, you succeeded in making the part of the story that got me the closest to tears.  For the record, I didn't cry, but I started to choke up.  Oh, great, NOW I'm crying.  Ugh.  I need sleep.  That's what I need, not reading the tournament.  Especially not the sad parts.
  Good job!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Icefire

Grrrrrrr! I just wrote this relatively long post and went to post it only to be logged out! I hate it when that happens.... I even made sure to click the "stay logged in" button before I started!  :P

...and now my device is almost dead!  :(

W0NWILL

QuoteNevfae serious...what next?

That cracked me up!

BloodGullet

wow, I had to check the posts after getting back from being out (ok, I admit, I'm a little caught up in it all) - fantastic job everyone!  Wonwill, what a perfect response! that was awesome - really like the mole dude! I really appreciate how you guys worked it in with your posts as well.  I like the idea of a epilog, maybe just let everyone have one last post to wrap it up sort of thing, even if its a story 'from beyond' :) It would be great to see this compiled into the fan fiction, but then, maybe that's overkill.  anyway, for a first RP, this has been great!
When ye hear me muzzle lock, say yer prayers, ye bilgerat!

W0NWILL

Fanfiction is hardly ever overkill! Well, sometimes, but those time are when you got a Doctor Who, Sherlock, Harry Potter, Supernatural, Redwall crossover or something. That's overkill, though it may be fun to write...
Anyway, if there were to be a fanfiction of this, some people would have to smooth out the posts, make them flow better, clump them into good, readable chunks, make a clearer ending(if the ending hasn't resolved itself when we're done). I vote me, for one. It would be fun, getting everything together. Adding your own little quirks(within reason, o' course). There's loads someone could do, making this into a fanfiction.

Icefire

I've considered converting other RPGs into fics. In the end, it just seemed like too much time to spend on a story that had already been written. The main benefit I can see is the elimination of contradictions within the plot.

Redwaller

Since I was the one to say there should be a fifth round, I obviously say yes.

Ceteruler

I'd love for there to be a fifth round. Then Joan would have a chance to tell her survival story. ^_^ That's obviously not happening this round.

Speaking of- so there's two vermin left that need to be taken care of?

Icefire

Actually, I think that, by Golfar's calculations, they should all be taken care of now, but the Swords have no way of knowing that.

Ceteruler

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ceteruler

Icefire

Sorry, yes. Basically, the caves are safe, but they don't know that.