News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started by Redwaller, June 02, 2013, 08:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonff the Mousethief

I never have been a big fan of card games, so I probably won't play it, but the art looks really detailed. I saw the trailer while browsing Bethesda's E3, and I thought it had a good premise, but just not for me.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Lady Ashenwyte

If the game is anything like Hearthstone, I'm getting it.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Rusvul

I really like card games. I play Scrolls, Magic: The Gathering, and Hearthstone. If it's mechanically interesting, I'll pick it up. Unless it's full release price or something unreasonable. Card games probably shouldn't charge that much.

Delthion

So I am a High Elf, who is a pyromaniac... ;D ;D

My first character, I may have murdered someone in Riverwood...that didn't go so well...I only meant to break into their home!! ;D ;D But then I just restarted with the identical character.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Gonff the Mousethief

Yeah, I am a blue Kahjiit and have slain many people, especially in Riverwood.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rusvul

If you're able to butcher a dragon, town guards aren't all that tough.

Myself, I do crime discreetly. Break into a house, take everything, if I'm caught... Zap everyone. Dead NPCs tell no tales.

Jetthebinturong

I try not to kill because some of them might have quests.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rusvul

Meh, who cares. (The answer is that you do and I don't.)

Delthion

I've killed a dragon, and Town Guards are rather difficult... And with the Civil War, who do you think is in the right?

I think it's the Imperials (I was indifferent until I read "The Great War".) then I realized that the Stormcloaks aren't thinking, they should be trying to aid the Empire by supplying them with fresh legionaries, not dividing the Empire! Oh yes, and I was wondering, Oblivion sounds pretty interesting, I've only read the book lore, but are there any players here that can tell me about it?

Gonff the Mousethief

Wait, you already killed a Dragon?
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Delthion

Yeah, the one at the Western Watchtower of Whitehorn...I've probably already spent 10-15 hours on it though...maybe more. ;D ;D ;D

Gonff the Mousethief

Man, I've had the game for months and can barely take on a giant!
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Rusvul

Dragons are really easy if you take the right perks. Dual-casting Destruction spells with the right talent lets you stun, and stunning a dragon when they're breathing fire at you makes them stop breathing fire at you. Chain-stun them with Lightning Bolt, ducking behind cover when you're out of magicka, and you're good.

Dragons are actually really annoying... they keep attacking me while I'm building my house. Because they spawn randomly... They tend to spawn and just troll you when you're busy doing other things. I've killed maybe 10-12 as of yet.

I've got 38 hours logged in Skyrim, as a Dunmer Destruction Mage, specialized towards Lightning spells. I'm a Vampire, I have a really cocky and annoying and wonderful Khajit following me (name of J'zargo), I have the Falkreath house, and Brelyna Maryon is both my steward and my wife. I'm also Archmage of the Winterhold College and member of the Thieve's Guild. (No way am I completing that questline, when they gave me an unbreakable lockpick. I'm not giving up the Skeleton Key. :P)

Jetthebinturong

The dragon at the Western Watchtower is a story dragon and thus pretty easy compared to random spawning dragons. Giants are still harder to kill though because they're angry and fast as a fast thing.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan