News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started by Redwaller, June 02, 2013, 08:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwaller

Killing animals will charge your soul gems a bit.

W0NWILL

Have any of you noticed the count entitled 'Bunnies Slaughtered'?

Dawnwing

Quote from: psybox on January 01, 2014, 12:04:31 AM
My problem isn't about filling them, I want advice about how to fill a large amount quickly.  By the way, you fill them using the soul trap spell or any weapons with the soul trap enchantment.

I enchanted my bow with a Soul Trap enchantment (you can set enchantments like that so that it can either last longer but have less uses, or else last shorter and have more uses.  I set mine so that the enchantment only lasts for about 5 seconds but you can use it a lot of times - that's all I need for length of time; it just absorbs from the final blow.  Also, whenever enchanting something to use for yourself, always use a grand soulgem, and use potions that enhance your enchanting.)

So basically I just wandered around and got a soul from everything I killed with my bow.

psybox

I just started my second save, and I may have completely messed up the whole Thieves guild quest-line...  Thankfully I had the common sense not to pick up the important quest item from the important place I wasn't supposed to be able to enter yet.

The Skarzs

Quote from: W0NWILL on January 01, 2014, 06:04:30 PM
Have any of you noticed the count entitled 'Bunnies Slaughtered'?
Yes. It's hilarious
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Norham Waterpaw

Gargh! I can't play this game! It's rated M! Meh!  >:(   :(    :'(

;D
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

The Skarzs

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on January 18, 2014, 03:38:46 PM
Gargh! I can't play this game! It's rated M! Meh!  >:(   :(    :'(

;D

*Shrug
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dawnwing

I've been obsessed with this cover/music video of "The Dragonborn Comes" for the last two days, especially that vocalization at 50 seconds in:

Another thing to add to my playlist of Elder Scrolls fanmusic. :D  Here's my whole playlist (I meant ipod playlist originally, but I actually went and made a YouTube playlist because it was taking long enough to copy and paste all the links):
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf5CL6-OLuIHELGg5tBLKZhAHX1C7HSBw

Rainshadow

Lol, I thought I was just gonna be playing that in the background and ignoring the video, instead looking on the forum.  Never have I been so wrong.  ::)  The whole time I was just sitting there, watching it and going, this is awesome!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dawnwing

If you like live-action stuff, there's this video too (no music, just acting and good costumes):

I also know of another one, called "Skyrim: Into the Void", that's about 20 minutes long and has spectacular effects.  It's about a Dragonborn becoming a vampire, and after being kidnapped by the Dark Brotherhood he agrees to help them take down some followers of Mehrunes Dagon in exchange for the cure.  It's a bit violent though so I'm not going to post it on the forum, you can find it on YouTube or PM me if you're interested. ;)

Rainshadow

Okay, so I just joined the College of Winterhold, and may I say that it is one of the smartest things I've done?  I mean, seriously, that place is awesome!  The only problem is that Winterhold doesn't have a very good vendor, so I have to go all the way to Whiterun to sell stuff.

Funny story, though.  Not sure if this is a fixed event, but my first day of being at the college, I stepped into the courtyard and this dragon appears out of nowhere and starts attacking!  All the students and professors are inside, of course, leaving me and Thonnir (he won't quit following me!) to fight the dragon.  Lol, Thonnir stood at its head most of the time, whacking away while the dragon tried to eat him.  I was at the tail, actually killing the dragon.  ;D

So, after killing the dragon, THEN the professors step outside and are, of course, horrified to see a dragon skeleton in the courtyard.  I then buy some conjuring spells from what's his face, the professor of conjuring, one of them being to reanimate the dead.  I decided to try it on the dragon skeleton, to see if it would work, and the dragon pretty much shot from one end of the courtyard to the other.  Seriously, as soon as I touched it with the spell, it would wriggle around for a second, then fly straight into the wall at ridiculously fast speeds.  :P  It was quite funny to watch.

Story time's over now, but I've got a question.  So, anyone remember Thonnir?  He's the guy that helps you raid a vampire cave over by Morthal.  Okay, so, I didn't ever finish that quest (I'm waiting until I have better gear to go down there), but Thonnir won't quit following me.  Seriously, wherever I go, he follows.  I've tried to get rid of him, but he can't die, and you can't tell him to leave.

That's not the worst of it.  I accidentally hit the guy while fighting an enemy, and now he chases me around, trying to kill me.  I'll knock him down and try and run off, but he knows where I am at all times.  What's annoying is the fact that he started attacking me on the way to a college quest (I'm supposed to go in some cave with the professor and the other students).  Now everyone else is severely distracted and tries to burn Thonnir alive.  And electrocute him.  And kill him with familiars.  Any idea of how to get him to stop trying to kill me?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dawnwing

He's a quest follower, so he'll stick around till you finish the quest.  As far as him attacking you, try fast-traveling, perhaps.  Or using "wait" if it lets you.  Otherwise if you try those and they don't work, I can look further into it for you; the Elder Scrolls site I moderate has a wiki and therefore a lot of knowledgeable people.

Rainshadow

Well, I figured out that if you die, he becomes your friend again.  ::)  So, yeah, pretty much every time he starts to attack me, I just let him kill me (after saving, of course.  ;)).

Dawnwing

Heads up to those of you who are 18 or older: If you want to be in this weekend's beta of Elder Scrolls Online, Curse.com is giving away keys to members with free accounts; they were given 500,000 keys to distribute.  http://www.curse.com/  So sign up and grab one if you want it, and download the client immediately cause it's like a 60GB download.  Last beta took me 3 days to update.

Norham Waterpaw

So, quick question, what race do you guys play as?

(Obviously, I choose Argonian 'cause they're clearly the best.  ;D )
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?