News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started by Redwaller, June 02, 2013, 08:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Quote from: W0NWILL on June 16, 2014, 07:32:43 PM
No, sorry, I don't. I've never gotten it, at the very least.

Hrm...  Lol, it was just so weird, 'cause I logged into the game and tried to talk to a guy who was lying in bed, and suddenly it asked me if I wanted to feed or talk, and I just went, "...Wha?"  It took me awhile to figure out it was vampirism, and then I was just confused and annoyed for the rest of the time I was playing.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Edraithel

Last time I was a vampire I tried to get to Morthal and was there but the stupid guards knew I was a vampire and kept chasing me and the wizard ran away so i had to keep using a calm spell so they wouldn't kill me and I could talk to him. Stupid vampirism, it's more trouble than it's worth.
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Feles

I LOVE DIS GAME SO MUCH
SO MUCH FUN
SO MUCH FUN
SO MUCH FUN
SO MUCH FUN
SO MUCH FUNi really need to get the computer version though for mods
ALSO, YOU CAN ALMOST REDWALL RP
(you can be cat people and lizard people)
now I need to end this post or I might ramble until I have gone through every adventure I have ever had in the game, no seriously
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Delthion

I've been REALLY interested in this, but just how much gore is there? And how is the Xbox version? And how bad is the swearing?
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rusvul

If you hit something, it sprays blood, and there will be blood on your sword. There is blood just kind of around sometimes... There are things like skulls on pikes. I doubt ther is brutal evisceration or corpses lying gutted in the streets. But then. As someone who doesn't actually play, I'm not the one to ask.

Jetthebinturong

You sometimes encounter burnt corpses, there are also entire bodies on spikes. I don't think the gore or violence is excessive, I think it's just right for the game. Also, it's not really very realistic in terms of blood and gore.

However even if you don't like the amount of blood and gore in it, it's worth suffering through just for the beautiful scenery, awesome quests and sheer amount of lore.

Currently writing an Elder Scrolls fanfic, it focuses heavily on the Psijic Order and the protagonists even get to visit the isle of Artaeum (albeit against their will)
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Delthion

OK, so I won't probably, where our Xbox is is also easily and frequently accessible to my younger sisters.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rusvul

*Checks rules* Nope, I don't see a rule against zealotry. Okay.

Your Xbox is also the INFERIOR PLATFORM! Never shall it reign over the supreme PC! >:D

Delthion

I know, but my PC is so terrible that Minecraft will run only on the worst settings and even then with very choppy game-play.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Delthion on December 24, 2014, 03:24:57 PM
OK, so I won't probably, where our Xbox is is also easily and frequently accessible to my younger sisters.

Ooh, yeah, I know how bad that can be.  I once tried to play Skyrim when my little cousins were over (they're much younger than me), and they were trying to watch me play.  It was like, "Haha, nope!  Kids, you go into the other room now!  [Insert real name] needs some video game time, and you guys can't watch it."  Of course, they walked in while I was just travelling through the wilderness and were like, "Whaaaat?  Why?  You're just walking around, so what's the problem?"  Such innocence.  :P

Well, I started a new character pretty recently (an Altmer named Iris (yes, I have a horrible taste in names and I blanked as soon as it came to giving her a name :P)), and I just bought Honeyside.  Never been a thane of Riften before.  Last time 'round, I never found Riften's skooma dealer, so I just thought that you couldn't become a thane there.  Didn't even realize there was a house for sale.  :P

Quick question to those who have beaten the game: are there houses in Dawnstar, Morthal, Winterhold, or Falkreath?  I don't think there's one in the first three, but I didn't really go to Falkreath much, so I dunno about that one.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jetthebinturong

You can have the Arch-mage's quarters at the College of Winterhold if you beat their questline, don't know about Morthal and Dawnstar but for Morthal I doubt it. If you download the Hearthfire DLC you can get a plot of land near Falkreath where you can build your house, you have to complete a quest for the Jarl first though, if you don't, there is no house in Falkreath

I'm an argonian named Okan-Ru, got it from the name generator. He's my new character, a light-armoured dual-weilding assassin. My first character, an argonian called Raan Quay is lost in a dwemer ruin being chased by a seriously op sphere, I believe that it's part of the main quest. My second character was a khajiit named Do'Mah, I got bored of her

Rainshadow

Yeah, I beat the main quest line with my first character, a Khajiit heavy armour, two-handed/one-handed with a shield warrior named Ash.  Then my brother uninstalled the game on his computer for no apparent reason, so I wasn't able to play it.  After several months of not playing it, I finally got him to install it again and I sorta forgot what I was doing with Ash.  So I deleted her and started anew.  Now I've got Iris, who's a heavy armoured warrior/mage.  I say both because she's duel-wielding (a frost-enchanted Skyforge steel sword and a fire-enchanted dwarven mace currently), so I can usually just swap out my left-handed weapon for a spell if I need to.  Usually it's healing spells, 'cause I have a lame amount of health.  :P

Lol, I sorta forgot about the Arch-mage's quarters.  I'm hoping to get some DLCs for Christmas, though.  Preferably the Dragonborn DLC or Dawnguard DLC, although it'd be awesome to get Hearthfire as well.  All three would be great, but I doubt that'd happen.  :P

Jetthebinturong

I'd go for Dragonborn, I tried to download it but the method of buying Xbox Live confused us and we decided to never try and download DLC content ever again

Luther of Redwall

I wanna play the whole Elder Scrolls series, but that would take FOREVER
Life is fair because it is unfair to everyone.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.