News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started by Redwaller, June 02, 2013, 08:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

Yeah, I would probably read all of them except for those mentioned in the list.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rusvul

It's really not something to worry about. There's quite a lot of books in Skyrim, and very few of them are in any way explicit, and if you don't want to read them there is nothing forcing you to. I almost never read skill books anyway. Besides books, a few npcs will swear, using words you'd expect they'd use in a medieval setting. Nothing very severe.

Gonff the Mousethief

Yeah, the books are fun to read, but I don't really care for them except for skill, though Olaf and the Dragon was pretty cool, especially since it explains a jail I was locked up in. Little things like that make the game all the better.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Jetthebinturong

I stole every single book from Whiterun Hold that was possible to get. I also managed to upgrade my lockpicking dramatically when I picked the locks on every single display case in the hold including a "master" level one (with my novice leveled character). I haven't really done anything on Skyrim for a while. I should get back to it at some point.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Delthion

Cool! Thanks guys! With any luck I'll be playing next month! Based on this information. ;D ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Gonff the Mousethief

Sounds cool Del!

One a side note, I recently saved up and got Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited. It fixed a ton of the bigs from the earlier version, and is super fun to explore. I am making my way to Skyrim now looking for places I have been in Skyrim. Overall, a new and exciting experience!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Rusvul

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on July 14, 2015, 07:14:05 PM
I stole every single book from Whiterun Hold that was possible to get. I also managed to upgrade my lockpicking dramatically when I picked the locks on every single display case in the hold including a "master" level one (with my novice leveled character). I haven't really done anything on Skyrim for a while. I should get back to it at some point.

If you want to pick lots of locks, then you should play through the Thieve's Guild questline far enough to get the Skeleton Key. It's a lockpick that never breaks. If you complete the questline, though, you lose the key. Of course, I never completed the questline. :P

Jetthebinturong

Oh I know. I've had Skyrim for a very long time. I'm taking my current character down the path of thieving and general shadowiness so I'm prioritising the Thieve's Guild and Dark Brotherhood questlines. (The latter is mostly because I want the shrouded armour.)

Rainshadow

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on July 14, 2015, 08:14:04 PM
Oh I know. I've had Skyrim for a very long time. I'm taking my current character down the path of thieving and general shadowiness so I'm prioritising the Thieve's Guild and Dark Brotherhood questlines. (The latter is mostly because I want the shrouded armour.)

If you wanna work on your lockpicking, there's the training chests in the Thieves' Guild headquarters.  You probably know about them already, but I thought I should mention them just in case.

Oh, and speaking of books, has anyone ever read Immortal Blood?  It's pretty interesting, actually.  I don't know why I decided to read it, as I rarely read the random lore books, but I found it intriguing.  It's basically telling about this man who meets every once in a while with someone I can only assume to be a priest or priestess (it's written by an anonymous person, so I don't know what gender or profession the author was).  The man asks about vampirism and how to find and defeat several different kinds of vampires.  It takes a very interesting turn, and I found it a very pleasant read.  10/10.  Would recommend.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Delthion

And now the Redwall Abbey Forumites become Skyrim book critics. Tune in next time for; Life on the Forum! ;D ;D

Jetthebinturong

I want to read Hail Sithis. He just sounds so interesting, I'd love to learn more about him.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on July 14, 2015, 11:36:03 PM
I want to read Hail Sithis. He just sounds so interesting, I'd love to learn more about him.

Psst, you!  I know who you are.  Hail Sithis!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Skyblade

I've heard of these games, and I am actually slightly interested.

Problem is I don't like to get into video games - or fandoms in general - because they cost me not only money but, more importantly, time. All this stuff I'm hearing about spending hours on this is worrying me. So I really don't know. I mean, is it worth it?

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Skyblade on July 15, 2015, 02:17:46 AM
I've heard of these games, and I am actually slightly interested.

Problem is I don't like to get into video games - or fandoms in general - because they cost me not only money but, more importantly, time. All this stuff I'm hearing about spending hours on this is worrying me. So I really don't know. I mean, is it worth it?

It IS worth it just for the amusement factor, but if you don't like to waste time then you shouldn't get into video games at all. A simple "look" can easily become an addiction (for this game specially).
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Cornflower MM

What are they about? I've never heard of these two IRL.