News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Dreams

Started by Tiria Wildlough, July 20, 2011, 03:09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

The strange this is, I'm afraid to have personal thoughts when other people are around, because I feel like they can read my mind....anyway, that's off topic.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

MatthiasMan

. . .I had a dream I married my best friend Jacqueline. It was REALLY weird. She had a white dress and I had a suit.

Tiria Wildlough

I've had several dreams where I'm driving the car my family has at the time.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

I've had a dream where I was Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. It was weird, I was in my basement, and it felt as if the house was moving, like in the movie. I also saw the bad witch and it creeped me out Lol. 
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

MatthiasMan

But the Wizard Of Oz was a dream.

I can't remember my dream last night, assuming it was a nightmare. ::) Have yalls noticed that dreams can be in black and white, or in color? I read in a book that most people remember dreams in black and white but that isn't true for me. I'll state some ideas about dreams.

When an idea in the mind is planted in a dream, it becomes like a virus. Resilient.

They say you only use some of your brain's true potential or power, now that's when you're awake. But when you sleep the mind can do anything.(Think about it. What you can do in a dream is almost impossible in the real world.)

The more levels of dreams you have, the more time is taking place. Have you noticed that if you dream while dreaming, you have a longer dream?

If you have a sudden motion in a dream, like falling, or jumping off a building, this motion will wake you up from a dream,  but if you are in two levels, you will only get to the first dream, not reality.

You never remember where you started out in a dream. For example, take your favorite dream, the first thing you remember. Think hard, how did you get there?

If you die in a dream, this will cause you to wake from that level. But pain, pain is in the mind, so it makes sense as to how you feel it in a dream.

When you dream, rarely do you realize it's a dream. Everything is fine, and it all feels real. It's only when you wake up you realize something was wrong with it, or wierd or messed up.

Redwallfan7

I read these facts about dreams, MatthiasMan.

> Some animals can dream. when my dog dreams, he twitches his paws.

> When people are running away from someone or something in their dream, it means they're trying to avoid a problem in their life

> You can't move your body when you dream, that's why a lot of people jerk up fast when they're finished dreaming, and awake.
> How often a person dreams varies. It can be every day, or only on occasion. For me, I only dream every so often.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

MatthiasMan

But I didn't say animals can't dream. I only said blind people can't. Well, yeah, they could, but I mean they really don't have anything to make a dream, only feeling, smell, and hearing, and taste. They could only see what they imagine, for take a human. It would probably not look like a human, but an alien.

Redwallfan7

Hey, I was only saying what I knew....

MatthiasMan

Oh, oh. I thought you were pointing out I was wrong in something.

Redwallfan7

Not at all, Lol

MatthiasMan

It's more common for men to sleep walk. When you DO manage to move a limb in a dream, your mind paralyzes it, and moves it back to place. This motion of the mind causes a very uncomfortable tingling in the limb. For me, the limb I've done this with is my foot.

Redwallfan7

Interesting. I only sleep walked once, and it was in July 2008.

MatthiasMan

I don't think I've ever sleep walked.

Redwallfan7

Once, my cousin sleep walked, and she was getting out of the car and walking towards the gas station. Some people have their eyes open when they sleep walk.

MatthiasMan

Umm. . .O. . .K. . .

My sister once sleep walked to my parents room, and said "Sign up for softball." And went back to bed.