Around the World: The Start of a Journey - Discussion and Sign-Up

Started by 321tumbler, July 03, 2013, 05:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

321tumbler

Great!
So the list of players is:
Me
Rainshadow
Jetthebinturong
HeadInAnotherGalaxy
estarr22
Tiria Wildlough (I think)

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

estar222

Bonjour. I am estar222, and I'm here to be the sneaky right hand man of the Fviorean King.

Name: Jón Marqués

Race: Ferret

Class/Job: Advisor to the King of Fviore, Head of Fviorean Secret Services.

Personality: Sly, cunning, intelligent, and thoroughly businesslike. He is not necessarily evil, but he's certainly not a good person. He is neither above remorse, nor terribly prone to feelings. He doesn't have a lot of decency, which is what's helped him get so far up the ranks in his field, and he's loyal to his King, until death, or until it stops suiting his purposes.

Appearance:

Weaknesses: His chosen weapon is not a heavy weapon, and could potentially be knocked from his hands by a suitably experienced heavy combatant. He has a severe allergy to white grapes, but not red or black grapes; should he be forced to consume a decent amount of white grapes, or white wine, he could go into a form of shock similar to that that is experienced by people with bee allergies when they are stung- this form of shock can kill him. He sometimes outsmarts himself, by developing extremely well thought out plans that take months of planning and preparation, and then having them backfire because he did not consider small details. This does not happen often, and it's never happened on a major scale, but it does happen.

Strengths: He is an expert swordsman, and very, very agile, which aids his swordwork greatly. Jón is remarkably intelligent and observant, and his many years as a Secret Serviceman have granted him the trained ability to recognise liars better than most other men, and deceive others with a superior quality of lying to others, too. Rarely does a day go by that he does not spy a traitor amongst the people, but rarely does a day go by that the sight of his appearance in public does not warrant some horrified and frightened gasps; he is confident in his ability to subdue the people.

Weapons & Armor:

The Fviorean light Cavalier's sabre is a poignantly brutal weapon, taking its design partly from the scimitars that were encountered in the East during the military campaigns there. The curved blade allows for superior slicing, due to the nature of the collision between blade edge and target, and the sword is incredibly sharp. Many Fviorean military officers have recently been protesting the usage of this sword due to the horrific wounds it causes upon lesser protected flesh, but Jón quite likes the weapon.

Ah yes. His clothing. It's a remarkably versatile outfit, this one is. It is both equipped for formal occasions and everyday wear with the clothes he wears underneath, and for stalking a target, or a suspect, from the hood and cloak, both of which are intentionally either nondescript so as not to draw attention, or the trademark of The Royal Spymaster, which is usually enough to cause most locals to turn a blind eye, and un-nerve the tail into making mistakes. Note that his trousers are not nearly as puffy as they are in this picture, instead being a slimmer fit, and less colourful; we don't want to draw too many eyes, now do we?

Where He/She Starts: Fviorean Capitol city, either welcoming the newcomers on the orders of his king, or sentencing and/or witnessing the execution of several 'proven' traitors by hanging, guillotine, and headsman's sword. He will also oversee the whipping that is also scheduled to take place in town on that day.

Other: (optional) He is likely to survive this episode, by the way. He is very loyal to his King, but only until it suits him, and he'll run if things get too hot.
You want to know my name? My name? My name is not a word that I use anymore; you will never learn it. Instead, you can call me the colour that humans seem to think belongs to magic; you can call me the colour a monarch wears under his cape; you can call me Mauve.

Faiyloe

I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Jetthebinturong

estar222

You want to know my name? My name? My name is not a word that I use anymore; you will never learn it. Instead, you can call me the colour that humans seem to think belongs to magic; you can call me the colour a monarch wears under his cape; you can call me Mauve.

Jetthebinturong

Probably, when tumbler gets back, remember, mein freund, you're not even accepted yet

estar222

You've been reminding me of that a lot lately, mate. I do realise that, even if it seems like I don't.

Then again, I suppose I'm more used to being accepted than I am denied, and I have a good feeling about all the apps I've posted on here so far; I've filled out all of these characters' histories a lot, and I've put a pretty decent amount of effort into their creation, unlike I usually do on the MC forums, where I just seem eager to try and find excuses to insert Nameless Mauve, because I love playing as him (it's easy for me to get into character as him, if you get my meaning, Verde  ;) )

Jetthebinturong

Kesesesese I get your meaning exactly  ;). Not a lot only twice but then again you do only have 3 characters so in terms of ratios, yes a lot. You're being pretty impatient though, not gonna lie.

estar222

That's because, on the whole, RPs don't take a whoooole lot of planning on the MC Forums. Then again, standards over there have dropped sharply recently. Most RPs never finish, other than dying, because all of the RPers didn't think a single thing through, and you have no idea how hard it was for me to not swear in that passage of text.

Why is anti-swearing so enforced here?

Jetthebinturong

Because first and foremost, Redwall is a children's book (even if it is entertaining for all ages) and therefore the majority of the members of this site are children.

estar222

I appreciate that, however, a good amount of the words being banned here, are not even swear words.

Jetthebinturong

There are two that I know of the one that you call someone who is going to hell and BA