Around the World: The Start of a Journey - Discussion and Sign-Up

Started by 321tumbler, July 03, 2013, 05:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

Lol, why are we discussing swearing? It's possible to express yourself and have a good time without bad language.

I'm thinking of a character right now.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

321tumbler

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on November 24, 2013, 10:31:01 PM
Lol, why are we discussing swearing? It's possible to express yourself and have a good time without bad language.

I'm thinking of a character right now.

Agreed. Curzin' juzt loverz ze vone daein' it, makin' zem zeem like more o' an idiot an' doeznae dae a lot tae porve ozervize.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

estar222

I was referring to the fact that cursing can often be a part of a character's personality. I don't curse that much irl, but my characters sometimes do, and it becomes a part of them, however small.
You want to know my name? My name? My name is not a word that I use anymore; you will never learn it. Instead, you can call me the colour that humans seem to think belongs to magic; you can call me the colour a monarch wears under his cape; you can call me Mauve.

Rainshadow

Quote from: estar222 on November 26, 2013, 07:49:00 PM
I was referring to the fact that cursing can often be a part of a character's personality. I don't curse that much irl, but my characters sometimes do, and it becomes a part of them, however small.

Well, you could use Redwall cursing/name-calling.  That works, especially if you have a vermin character.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Rainshadow on November 26, 2013, 11:33:27 PM
Quote from: estar222 on November 26, 2013, 07:49:00 PM

Well, you could use Redwall cursing/name-calling.  That works, especially if you have a vermin character.  ;)

Aye, juzt 'ave zem cav zomebody an idjit an' vot nae!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

estar222

Ah. Well, you see, I don't know a whole lot about Redwall, that's the thing. I'm here mainly because of an interest in RPing as a ferret, and because Jet sort of instructed me to.

Also, head, what on earth are you even saying, friend? I can't understand your... accent?
You want to know my name? My name? My name is not a word that I use anymore; you will never learn it. Instead, you can call me the colour that humans seem to think belongs to magic; you can call me the colour a monarch wears under his cape; you can call me Mauve.

Rainshadow

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on November 27, 2013, 07:00:30 PM
Aye, juzt 'ave zem cav zomebody an idjit an' vot nae!

Translated:  Yeah, just have them call somebody an idjit (idiot) and whatnot!

After a little while, you get used to Head's accent.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

estar222

I don't think there's an accent in the entire universe that could ever turn a ll sound into a v sound, and I know for a fact that the spanish manage to say 'ya' instead of 'll'.

Rainshadow

Quote from: estar222 on November 27, 2013, 10:11:08 PM
I don't think there's an accent in the entire universe that could ever turn a ll sound into a v sound, and I know for a fact that the spanish manage to say 'ya' instead of 'll'.

Haha, Head made up his own accent.  I forget what accents he put into it, but I know for sure that there's a bit of Highlander and a bit of Redwall lizard (at least, I think that was the Redwall species.  I know there's one Redwall species in there.).  As for the others, you'd have to ask Head.  I can just translate it.  :P

Tiria Wildlough

Sorry I took so long, guys. Here's my character.

Name: Reyna
Race: Ferret
Class/Job: Various
Personality: Smart and devious, but not outright evil. She's also slightly insensitive and awkward in delicate situations.
Appearance: Reyna is a smallish brown ferret with green eyes. Her clothes are a green shirt and brown skirt with random beads sewn onto it. However, she mostly wears a large gray cloak which hides most of her face.
Weaknesses: Doesn't relate to people very well, and has an unfortunate habit of saying the wrong thing.
Strengths: She is quite strong and fast-acting.
Weapons & Armor: Reyna carries a long dagger just in case of trouble. No armour, just natural defenses.
Where He/She Starts: Mossflower
Other:
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

321tumbler

So we can start! I'm changing the title to, "Around the World: The Start of a Journey".

Skipper

I hope your still accepting, if so then here's my characters.
Name: Toran (Toe-ran)
Race: Red Squirrel
Class/Job: Mercenary/Bodyguard
Personality: Toran is usually a calm creature who doesn't rush things when it can be helped. He does get annoyed fairly easily and that can sometimes lead to violence, in which case he doesn't think clearly. Toran is generally too trusting and isn't that great at telling if someone is lying.
Appearance: Pretty average, including his height though his fur colour is darker than most. A big muscled male with light brown eyes.
Weaknesses: Too trusting and his anger (on a mild scale)
Strengths: Fighting and climbing
Weapons & Armor: Plain steel double sided sword and no armor
Where He/She Starts: Redwall

And my Character for the U.S
Name: Eefra
Race: Weasel
Class/Job: Thief
Personality: Sneaky and paranoid, he's always watching his back and avoiding creatures as he's a loner. Eefra doesn't mess about and is always rushing things.
Appearance: Dark brown fur and dull yellow eyes. He has a lean figure but still slim like most weasels.
Weaknesses: Paranoid
Strengths: Stealth and being clever
Weapons & Armor: Leather gauntlets, knee pads and foot wraps. His weapon of choice is a steel single bladed axe with a strong dark wood with a leather cord.
Where He Starts: U.S

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rainshadow

Um, no big problem, but I was just wondering, since Won's probably not gonna be doing this anymore, who's gonna play Storr, the previous Redwall Champion?  We could drop him, but that might also mean dropping my character, Ciara, seeing as she'd have no purpose.