Previous topic - Next topic

Which pirate is better

Vilu Daskar
Clogg
Romsca
Gabol the Wild

psybox

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 12, 2013, 02:16:38 AM
1. If, say, Clogg's ship crashed, he could cling on to a plank and have a chance of getting to shore. If my ship crashes, I'm falling ten thousand feet to my death.
Yay! Your more likely to die!  That doesn't make you any better than anyone else.
2. To crash a water sailing vessel, you need to land a good hit from a cannon on the hull. To crash an airship, all you need to do is shoot the airbag. One heavy blunderbuss shot can take down an entire ship, even if there is an unwritten law of honor against such a dirty trick.
See above.
3. I'm not evil. All the pirates you named are. Yes, Romsca was evil, even though she died good.
Pirates are brigands and thieves, not good people.  You can be one or the other, not both.
4. I could beat any of the pirates you named in a duel. I would just electrecute or shoot them with my pistol.
What if you didn't have them?  Would you still be able to beat them?
5. I have goggles, and I am thus inherently more awesome.
Awesome is subjective and is completely beside the point.

Rusvul

QuoteYay! Your more likely to die!  That doesn't make you any better than anyone else.
Saying that is like saying:
A firefighter isn't any more brave or valiant than a cashier, just because his job is higher-risk doesn't prove him to be more brave.
I'm not saying that firefighters are necessarily better people, they're just more brave, and that's what I'm getting at here. Bravery.
QuoteSee above.
Likewise ;)
QuotePirates are brigands and thieves, not good people.  You can be one or the other, not both.
All of the pirates mentioned are as you said, looting and killing innocent creatures. I only attack opressive enemy vessels, I'm more of a freedom fighter. However, as I, in crashing their ships and taking their stuff, am a pirate. Just, I don't loot random people.

QuoteWhat if you didn't have them?  Would you still be able to beat them?
If I had just my sword? Well then, it'd be a realatively even fight, depending on which one you mean. Vilu and Romsca would be difficult, but I think I could beat Clogg.
QuoteAwesome is subjective and is completely beside the point.
I know. Just being silly. ;)

Redwaller

I revoted for Clogg.

Lutra

Hmm....Razzid Wearat not on the list?  He went where he wanted as a pirate and didn't let anything stop him.  He had a sense of power over his crew, and kept that power in check throughout the entire novel.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Lutra on July 13, 2013, 02:09:35 AM
Hmm....Razzid Wearat not on the list?  He went where he wanted as a pirate and didn't let anything stop him.  He had a sense of power over his crew, and kept that power in check throughout the entire novel.

Ah alvayz vondered vot 'appened tae ze zlavez on 'iz izland after ze end o' ze book.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Mariel

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Ferrousferret

Out of that list, I went with Romsca. However, as far as Redwall Pirates go, I want to say that Plugg Firetail is the one that feels like he stands out the most as a fun character, to my memory.

Vilu Daskar

I forgot like every one of them
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Tam and Martin

BTW shouldn't this topic go in Character discussion?

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Vilu Daskar

Quote from: Tam and Martin on July 19, 2013, 01:05:05 PM
BTW shouldn't this topic go in Character discussion?
Maybe
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.