News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Redwall Throughout the Ages

Started by WoodlandWarrior, July 19, 2013, 01:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you ever wanted to see Redwall take place in a time or setting other than a medieval one?

Redwall Rome
4 (26.7%)
Redwall Privateers/Musketeers
5 (33.3%)
Redwall Revolution
4 (26.7%)
Redwall Old West
0 (0%)
Redwall Victoriana
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

WoodlandWarrior

Sometimes when I read the Redwall series, my mind wanders and I wonder what if Brian Jacques decided on a different setting for the series.  Have you ever wanted to see a Redwall like book set in a different time?

Sometimes I think it would be neat to see a Redwall type novel in the vein of the Three Musketeers or in the Victorian age.  I was wondering if you had the option to place it in any time you would, would it be one of the above or one of your own choosing?  ;D
"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules."  -Gary Gygax

BadgerLordFiredrake

Well, I LOVE books about sci-fi/apocalypse, so it would be rather interesting for it to be in a modern or futuristic setting.
baby turtle forever

Samkim

does anyone else like them better in chronological order?
Eulaliaaaaaa!!! Redwaaalllll!!! Logalogalogaloooooog!!!

BadgerLordFiredrake

This isn't really about that, but I just read them randomly, as the library permits
baby turtle forever

Rusvul

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Redwall would be awesome in the 1600-1900 time period. Also, Neovictorian Redwall would be awesome.

phoenixfoden

Shadowed One

It is perfect in the time period it is in already!
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Tam and Martin

The Musketeers would make a great time period but the Revolution would also be fun!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Rusvul

Quote from: Tam and Martin on July 19, 2013, 01:02:25 PM
The Musketeers would make a great time period but the Revolution would also be fun!
Revolution, as in, the American Revolution? 'Cuz, there's been like a billion revolutions.

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

WoodlandWarrior

Quote from: Vilu Daskar on July 19, 2013, 03:35:50 PM
Redwall Rome

I too think Rome would be really cool.  Just something neat about seeing mice in the forum in senator robes.  :P
"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules."  -Gary Gygax

Romsca

LOL!

Anyway, a few of the things in the series seem to already be in some of those eras

Mariel

MeadowR

I know I said this in another thread; I often thought it would be great if he'd progressed the stories on as more developments were happening.

I'd like to see it develop into the 1600s and further. Clothing gets all the more interesting as these centuries progress. Georgian period style would be fun - so the characters could potentially wear wigs? :D Victorian times would work well with Redwall, as well, but the only thing is Victorian era is so overdone in a way.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Tam and Martin

I can't imagine wigs on Martin-That would be so funny!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000