News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Race to Ascension (two teams, one goal)

Started by Dannflower Reguba, August 09, 2013, 06:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Redwaller, would you like to have Cedany and Cassius be sort of 'friends' (if we're on the same team, of course)?  Seeing as we're both vermin, I'd think that Cass might be drawn more to a wildcat than to, say, a squirrel.  And because he lacks powerful eyesight and she lacks speech, yet she can see quite clearly, they would probably be able to help each other out.  Even if they couldn't communicate well, I've already stated that Cass is quite clever, so he might be able to figure out her sign language quickly.

Just an idea, of course.  And, obviously, if we were to go with this idea, we'd need to be on the same team, so there's a good chance that it wouldn't work anyway.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dannflower Reguba

ACCEPTED  :)

Just some notes, the Race is a sort of figure of speech, but I'm not going to harp on people over their history, I'm more concerned about the character design itself.  ;) TIP: You could have Cedany carry around something to write on to make it easier to communicate with people who don't know sign language.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

Quote from: danflorreguba on August 14, 2013, 02:14:53 AM
TIP: You could have Cedany carry around something to write on to make it easier to communicate with people who don't know sign language.

Yeah, that's what I did with one mute squirrel I had a while back.  It was quite helpful.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwaller

Quote from: Rainshadow on August 14, 2013, 02:11:25 AM
  Redwaller, would you like to have Cedany and Cassius be sort of 'friends' (if we're on the same team, of course)?  Seeing as we're both vermin, I'd think that Cass might be drawn more to a wildcat than to, say, a squirrel.  And because he lacks powerful eyesight and she lacks speech, yet she can see quite clearly, they would probably be able to help each other out.  Even if they couldn't communicate well, I've already stated that Cass is quite clever, so he might be able to figure out her sign language quickly.

Just an idea, of course.  And, obviously, if we were to go with this idea, we'd need to be on the same team, so there's a good chance that it wouldn't work anyway.  ;)
Lol! I was thinking the same thing!  :D I hope we're on the same team!

Quote from: danflorreguba on August 14, 2013, 02:14:53 AM
TIP: You could have Cedany carry around something to write on to make it easier to communicate with people who don't know sign language.
I'll go and put it in her desc.  :)

Faiyloe

I realized I forgot to mention some things in my Character description so I updated it. 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on August 14, 2013, 11:20:58 PM
I still need to make my character

So how's that coming by the way??  ;D

If you guys could ask people that you think would be interested to join, that would be much appreciated as I'd rather start this sooner over later.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Maudie

I've been invited! I'll think up a character sheet, though it might take a while.
BTW, how often do you want/expect us to post?
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Dannflower Reguba

Good question, I don't want this RP to be dragged out like we often do to Brookskimmer's tournies, so it would be preferable to be posting at least once a day, but I know things come up day by day.

At the least, try and and least keep your character up-to-date with comings-and-goings, and if you guys see someone falling behind, give them a chance to catch back up. This may be a race, but we aren't going to lose people because they're 20 posts behind because 3 people decided to just post constantly for 10 minutes.

The long and short of it... Be around, and be nice, but don't fret about getting on all the time.  :) This is still mainly for fun, this RP will be great as long as we can all be civil about it.  :)

P.S. Thanks Mask, I've been meaning to post something about RP'er posting for awhile now, but I kept procrastinating it.  ;)

Redwaller

If it is going to be once per day, then either you kick me out, or wait until the month of october. Because I will not be able to get on every day for the month of september(That I know of).

Dannflower Reguba

I said that was the most preferable scenario, like I said, don't freak out about getting on all the time, as long as you can be getting on every other or even once in three days, you should be fine.  :)

Rainshadow

Yeah, and I'm gonna be on vacation for a few weeks at the start of September, so I'm not sure how often I'll be able to get on.  I'll probably be on the road a lot, so I don't think I'll be able to get WiFi.

Norham Waterpaw

I believe it's time for me to step up to the plate.
Name: Hadrim Flanderhaig the 3rd
Species: Fox
Appearance: Rather short, and with fur like brown velvet. Large green eyes, and wears a ragged, quilted coat of black and orange. Carries a knife and a woodsman's axe.
Personality: A constant thirst for adventure, and has always wanted a battle.
Backstory: Abandoned as a newborn pup, he wandered constantly through Mossflower wood. He decided to make a name for himself, and called himself Hadrim Flanderhaig the 3rd, but he's not really the third of any family. One day, he was caught up by bandits. As they prepared an untimely demise, he stole one knife and slew the lot. Gruesome, yes, but pointless, no. Since then, he's wanted more adventures, and more fights.  
( so in answer to your mental question, yes, he's a messed up fox.)

Other: He doesn't really want to kill, but he likes the rush of adrenaline in a fight.
Strengths: Very swift, and agile in small spaces.
Weaknesses: Doesn't do well with adrenaline, he kind of goes KOOKOO. :o

Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Dannflower Reguba

@Norham (I keep getting you and Kitrall mixed up  ::)) I have just one problem with the app, do you mind making the character a decent bit older? 7 seems a bit young...... Besides that..... Love it..  :D I'm really enjoying the variation of characters in the RP, +1 for the weakness.  :D

Once he ages a bit more, you'll be accepted.  ;) (sudden growth spurts are not uncommon in the realm of sign up sheets.  ;))

Norham Waterpaw

Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?