News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

The Price of Freedom

Started by Faiyloe, August 17, 2013, 12:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudie

Frim breathed a sigh of relief. Apparently the Warlady wasn't in the mood  to deal out her trademark cruel punishments. Only double work, which shouldn't be too tough on her fit muscles.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Faiyloe

Valadash

I probably should have been more severe Valadash thought but she didn't have the time. she went down the stairs and signaled for two guards to fallow. She was going to make an inspection of the progress. Even though she had already guessed every thing Ziga had told her earlier she had be in some doubt now there was none. She entered the grounds and headed towards the half finished east wall. That was the one week point and it had to be completed soon.

Tina

Denrif had returned with the water. Tina Took her cloak and ripped off several strip. Then taking one she dipped it in the water to clean the wound and then bandaged it up. She wished she had had some dock leaves or some herbs but for now this was the best she could do. She cupped her paws and pored little water into Dalvo's mouth.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

The Shade

Sliverstar stared into the smoldering ashes from last nights fire, wondering what the next raid should be targeted at. The sea otter had been thinking, and he had come to a decion; it was time too step up the heat. Hopefully some of the vermin would be starved, due to lack of food from the raids. Maybe they would start with gurriller attacks, but they could not afford to start open, all-out war.

OOC: Sorry for the mispells, Im not a machine.  ;)
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Leatho Shellhound

OOC: Lets step up on the posting, I am most to blame.

BIC: Night had fallen on the almost finished fort, the owls were hooting and hunting. Foxessa stepped from shadow to shadow, using what ever cover there was available. As she climbed some leftover scaffolding she looked over the not-yet completed wall. There below her slept some sleeping guards who were supposed to be guarding this area.

This is cake. she thought to her self.

Landing lightly on her paws in the fort grounds she began looking for good places for future attacks and raids. Satisfied with her nights work Foxessa walked softly over to were the unfinished wall was. As she was stepping over a sleeping guard, he rolled over tripping her. She fell down with a crash onto him. With a start he woke up and yelled

"Attac...."

He never finished for Foxessa chopped of his head, but it was to late, the others began to wake and pick up there weapons. Thankfully there was much confusion in the darkness.

The young mouse warrioress made a wild dash to the wall, slaying a rat that got in her way. As she began to climb a guard caught her footpaw. She kicked him with the other foot in the eye. He let go with a cry of pain and covered his face with his paws.

Standing on the wall in a low crouch she took her bow from her shoulder and sent a few arrows into the swarming mass of vermin.

Then jumping down she ran in a zig-zag pattern to the camp and covered her tracks.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Faiyloe

Valadash woke to the sounds of shouting out side she yanked the bed curtain aside and ran to the window. Looking out she could see a commotion down by the unfinished wall. Her blood boiled The idiots couldn't keep things under control for just a few hours. She grabbed her cloak as she left the room and pinned it on in one swift motion.  She signaled for two guards to fallow her as she went down the stairs and through the empty corridors of the castle and burst out in to the night.

"What in blazes is going on," she said grabbing a spear from a near by hordebeast. There was an uncomfortable silence.  "You, tell me what happened," she said pointing her spear at a nearby rat.

"I... I... There was... I mean... I saw...," He stammered.

"Stop blubbering an tell me what happened," she said bashing him over the head with the spear shaft. A ferret spoke up then and said

"Milady it was one of dem Outlaws," Valadash turned around and said to the group.

"And who was supposed to be watching to prevent such a thing from happening?"  all paws pointed to Dingtail and Gruffa.  Valadash started walking slowly towards them.

" Now tell me. What was it you were supposed to do?"

"W... watch the wall"

"And what else," she said her voice growing dangerously quiet"

"M...ma...make sure no...no one gets in," Valadash started to circle round the two unfortunate creatures.

"Then tell me. What just happened? You were on guard so no one should of gotten past right?"

"R...ri...right,"

"You have failed me, and you know what I do with those who fail me." Two screams pierced the night and the two hordebeasts lay slain run through by the warladies spear. 

OOC: Sorry about the mistakes.                   

Leatho Shellhound

OOC: You're fine, that was a good post. BTW, just for your FYI there are at least three dead vermin on the ground.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Faiyloe

OOC: Thanks. Well there dead now.  ;D

Maudie

Frim was awake in the slave yard. She had seen the outlaw, a mouse, make a dangerous little raid. What was the purpose of it? Oh well, she may never know.

Frim watched Valadash deal out her cruel punishment. Oh, how she hated that weasel. Someday she was going to stand up to her, and bring down her little kingdom.

As she thought about the previous events of the night the main thought running through her head was I have got to contact the outlaws. I need some outside help.

Suddenly she bent down and pulled several threads from the bottom of her tunic. She had a plan.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Faiyloe

Valadash

"Will some beast clean this place up and you two take over the sentry duty" she said pointing to two Stoats.  she turned around and headed back to her quarters. all fools bumbling idiots she would have to get them back in shape she would get started in the morning.

Tina

Tina was having trouble sleeping she rolled over and whispered to the the squirrel next to her Frim I think yes that was her name "What is it like? Being a slave I mean."

Maudie

Frim looked at the new slave. She looked so young, so innocent, so inexperienced, though she was probably almost the same age as herself. She leaned down and whispered in her ear.

"Being a slave means that you work all day with one break and two meals. You get whipped and beaten. You starve if the guards are neglegint. You do not own yourself. You are not free to do as you please. But make no mistake, young one, you are free to think as you will. Do not worry about being a slave for the rest of your life, because I have a plan. Do you think you could help me find a good straight stick to make an arrow? It would be a great help."

Faiyloe

Tina

Her hart sunk in her chest as Frim spoke but her words also gave her a bit of hope. She would do any thing she could to help get them out of here. "Sure I can do that,"  she said quietly getting up. After looking around a bit she found a large shard off a broken cart. Very sharp on one end. With a little work it would make a very good arrow. She went back and gave it to Frim. "Will this work?"   

Maudie

Frim glanced at the stick. "Aye, that'll do. It doesn't have to be sharp, it just has to fly true with a message hooked up to it."

She looked down at the threads in her hands. As she braided them together she spoke to the other squirrel. "After I'm done with these we need to find a large stick that is flexible enought to launch an arrow. I'll do that, because I've made many of these before and I know just what kind of wood I want."

Faiyloe

Tina

"Good is there any thing else I could do?" Tina said "Maybe this would help." She said undoing a pin that held her cloak on and holding it out to Frim. 

Maudie

Frim smiled at the other squirrel. "I can do the rest. Thank you." She held out her paw. "I'm Frim Brush, I've been a slave since I was ten seasons old. I'll help you in any way I can."

Faiyloe

Tina

"Thanks I appreciate it," she said shaking Frims paw "I'm Tina."

Valadash

Valadash paced her room she no longer wished for sleep. The wall had to be finished before the outlaws had a chance to try again. " You. Find Ziga and tell her that she is needed in my quarters," She said to the rat standing guard. After he had left she sat down at the table and inspected the map. Most of it had bled together and the wine had stained it red so it looked more like the depiction of a battle field then a map but some of it was still legible. Valadash took out a fresh map and began to mark it from what she could remember and the salvageable bits of information from the ruined map.