Martin and Rose..... Relationship?

Started by martins#1fan, July 25, 2011, 07:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leatho Shellhound

I am with Tiria Wildlough and MatthiasMan.....but I still like the Martin the Warrior TV show.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on July 03, 2012, 12:25:19 AM
I am with Tiria Wildlough and MatthiasMan.....but I still like the Martin the Warrior TV show.
Its the best season of the show, IMO
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

MatthiasMan

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lutra

Do elaborate...how is it embarrassing?  Martin talking about Rose?  Its not that bad as far as romantic lines go.  Watch Star Wars or other films where a main character has a love interest.  They take it further than Martin ever did.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Felldoh154

Personally I thought it was cute. I fail to see it as embarrassing. She loved him, he loved her, what's wrong with remembering her?

Lutra

How you saw the scene probably directly relates to how old you are.  The older members don't see it as anything outrageous or mushy (Anakin Skywalker and Padme are over the top).
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Felldoh154

Lutra

Quote from: Felldoh154 on July 09, 2012, 01:11:09 PM
Agreed, why are you always right?  :o

Heh, age is one thing...been around the block quite a few times to know what is out there.  Also, I'm a teacher and work with at-risk youth, so I have to be able to recognize things before they occur.  It comes with the job. :)  The age difference and maturity between teens that are 14 and those that are 18 is noticeable when you work around them long enough.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Felldoh154

Wow u must be a cool teacher :) I can't see my teachers talking to me on this forum :) unless the were telling me I had to do more homework

Lutra

I'll continue the discussion of teachers in PM...I don't need to be hijacking this thread. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Felldoh154

Ok cool ;) anyway I will be back in 10 min or so, I have to take a shower :(

Tiria Wildlough

Lutra's probably right, it depends how old you are. Still, I don't think I'll ever see it as 'cute'. It was very OOC for Martin. :P
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Lutra on July 09, 2012, 01:19:17 PM
I have to be able to recognize things before they occur.
Does that come in handy when predicting what will happen in a book?
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Lutra

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on July 10, 2012, 11:32:54 AM
Quote from: Lutra on July 09, 2012, 01:19:17 PM
I have to be able to recognize things before they occur.
Does that come in handy when predicting what will happen in a book?

I don't know if you meant that as serious or you're trying to be sarcastic with me. :P  Redwall is predictable so I generally know what happens next.  Most mystery novels I read I try to figure out "who done it' before I get to the end...I'm not always right with other authors.  Remember, novels are based on human characteristics and personalities, but they are text, and text doesn't express emotion that well on its own. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra