Martin and Rose..... Relationship?

Started by martins#1fan, July 25, 2011, 07:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Lutra on July 10, 2012, 12:28:32 PM
Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on July 10, 2012, 11:32:54 AM
Quote from: Lutra on July 09, 2012, 01:19:17 PM
I have to be able to recognize things before they occur.
Does that come in handy when predicting what will happen in a book?

I don't know if you meant that as serious or you're trying to be sarcastic with me. :P  Redwall is predictable so I generally know what happens next.  Most mystery novels I read I try to figure out "who done it' before I get to the end...I'm not always right with other authors.  Remember, novels are based on human characteristics and personalities, but they are text, and text doesn't express emotion that well on its own. ;)
I was serious!  There are surprise deaths and stuff like that in Redwall, are you able to predict that?
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Lutra

No....read what I wrote again...I don't have a crystal ball. ;)  I don't see the surprise deaths.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tiria Wildlough

Yep, I totally didn't see Rose's death coming. I was an impressionable 10 year old when I read that. :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Gonff the Mousethief

after I read where the red fern grows, I was almost done with TLoL. When Luke died, I still was sad  but not as sad as Old Dan and Little Ann :'(
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Wylder Treejumper

Is there any doubt on this subject? Jacques is quite clear in the book. As to his method of portraying it, I like it better than any other books I have come across. Understatement exaggerates, and you don't have to deal with all the awkward details. And I clearly prefer the books to the show. The show is absolutely horrible.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.