News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Race to Ascension..... (Phase I) "So close, and yet so far." ~Introduction~

Started by Dannflower Reguba, September 07, 2013, 12:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: Guys, please more carefully read the OOC: post in which I mentioned the coming weapons... I refered to it as COMING, all weapons that are on the ground will be LISTED, and I haven't listed anything yet.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Norham Waterpaw

Hadrim barely had time to duck from the coming axe. As he hit the ground, he saw the sling stone on the ground in front of him. He snatched it, and brushed it off. He found a small yew stick, and using some fibers from his coat, tied the rock to it. He had made for himself a small club, tipped with stinging pain.

(OOC)
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Faiyloe

Thanora swung her sling and aimed for Grudge's kneecap and let fly. she was running low on stones. She looked at the ground and saw the shared of the bolder Grudg had thrown at her scattered all over the ground she picked up a descent sized piece and loaded her sling with it. This time she aimed for his elbow.   
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

rachel25

Xant decided to help Thanora out and loaded his sling, aimed, and fired.

Dannflower Reguba

The arrival of the badger had vastly changed the game, and the continuing annoyance of stones was rather..... well.... annoying. Grudge backed off slowly, but did not disappear until he had left some words behind, "Be assured tha' thiz isn't over, and next time you won't know I'm there until yer 'ead is staring at yer toes."

*departs*

OOC: Weapon drop to come in next post, late.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

Cas started looking around, trying to make out where the giant beast might've gone.  When he was sure that the creature was gone, he crawled out from underneath the bush he'd found.  Glancing around again, the fox saw the taller shape of Dan and walked over to her, muttering under his breath, "S'the big 'un gone?"

OOC:  Blarg, short and lame post.  Sorry, just trying to get back in.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

rachel25

Xant heaved a huge sigh of releif. He had gone at last.
Xant hobbled over to wher Thornea was standing. "We survived then." he said jokingly.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

"Obviously," muttered Raelicco darkly. He didn't like leaving this fight unfinished, but he had little choice. It would be foolish to go after the lumbering giant and overall very time-wasting. He let it go. For now.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Faiyloe

"Just barely," Thanora said She limped over to where she had dropped her travailing pack and shield. If she had had the shield back there she probably wouldn't have so may scratches and bruises now but that couldn't be helped. She sat down and began to clean herself up with water from the river and some bandages from her pack. When I'm done I'll probably look more like a mummy of an otter than a real one. she thought. 

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: I didn't know you got buses from that fight.  ;D (the intended word being bruises. BIC:

Weapons on the ground:

-3 serrated knives
-1 bark chestplate
-2 leather upper leg armor sets (1 gone)
-2 bows (only 1 quiver, and 17 arrows) (one gone)
-1 iron headed club
-1 2-handed longsword
-2 short swords (one rusty, the other chipped)
-2 slings (plus plenty of stones) (one gone)
-4 fire hardened wood javelins
-1 bronze headed spear
-3 medium-sized wooden bucklers

Faiyloe

Thanora finished bandaging herself up. She got up and picked up a spear using it like a walking stick. She collected some stones off the ground to refill her sling pouch.   

Rainshadow

Cassius grunted as he surveyed the battlefield, looking for some sort of weapon he might gain.  Dead enemies meant loot for him, hopefully the load being better than the half-empty bottle of grog he'd found.

Crouching down, the silver fox picked up a pair of leather leg armour, wondering what it was called.  The word that came to mind was cuisses, but he wasn't sure if that was it.  Still, he strapped the armour on and picked up a small knife, as well as another short sword that looked rather rusty.  Still, anything was better than nothing.

He soon made his way back to the wildcat, tucking the weapons into his belt and trying to get used to the awkward feeling of the armour.  Clearing his throat, he asked her quietly, "You gonna get anything?"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

rachel25

Xant began to search the dead weasels for any good weapons. He yelled with triumph upon finding a good strong bow, and quiver. True there was only seventeen arrows but he knew how to make good shafts.  He collected some stones to refill his almost empty pouch. Then walked over to the river a little further up from Thanora, and shoved his head into the refreshing water.   

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

At Last! thought Raelicco. Actual weapons! He chucked his last wooden javelin away. He didn't need it anymore. He saw the others picking up various weapons too. He rolled his eyes at Xant's yell. These guys were pathetic. He chose one serrated knife and a chipped shortsword for himself. The others could get the armour, he preferred fighting without it anyway.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.