Race to Ascension..... (Phase I) "So close, and yet so far." ~Introduction~

Started by Dannflower Reguba, September 07, 2013, 12:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

"... Ok, will some one explain what just happened." Thanora said. the whole thing was unnerving and she didn't like it. She touched the red cloth tied round her arm for reassurance then she sighed.

"Well it's no use standing around here we better get a move on," She said starting off up the path that made it's way up the mountain side and disappeared off into the mist. She thought about what the voice had said It was right about one thing if they didn't shape up and get along there would be on way they would even reach the Hall's of Eternity. There I go again blaming others for my problems and not taking any of the blame my self. She though mentally chastising herself.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

rachel25

Xant who had been about to fire a shaft into Sandfires head, stopped when the voice started speaking, and when the mist rolled in he had frozen. He wasn't one who enjoyed not being able to see, and when he saw that they were on a mountain of all things, his nerve almost failed him, almost.
"Okay you don't see that every day. Now what kind of mumbo jumbo are you lot involved in? Moutains don't just appear, and what in the name of fishes did that voice mean?"
Xant didn't actually want an answer he just walked off after Thonera, holding his bow out in front of him so he didn't walk into anything.

Jukka the Sling

Jalie couldn't think of anything better to do, so she followed them. The haremaid peered through the mist, hoping she didn't crash into anything. Behind her she could hear the rest of the group, but she wasn't sure if they were following or milling around nervously.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Faiyloe

"Up the mountain," Thanora called back "The Hall of Eternity is said to be at the top of a mountain and seeing as this mountain just appeared out of nowhere and The Hall of Eternity is somewhat supernatural then it is safe to presume that this is that mountain and that we are getting close,"   

rachel25

Xant felt uneasy, we couldn't breath properly because of how thin the air was, and he wasn't sure that he would like this supernatural Hall of Eternity. "What's in the Hall of Eternity?" he shouted half heartedly.

Faiyloe

"To tell the truth I'm not quite sure, that is what were are supposed to find out," She said

Jukka the Sling

After walking by herself for a few minutes, Jalie decided to hurry ahead so she'd have some company. Putting on an extra turn of speed, she arrived, panting, by Xant. Out of breath from the thin atmosphere and running up the incline, she slowed to a walk and caught her breath. The haremaid then introduced herself to the tattooed otter next to her. "My name's Jalie. Ah believe your name's Xant?"
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Rainshadow

Cassius gestured for Dan to follow him, immediately wondering why he did so.  He didn't know the wildcat, she could kill him at any moment!  But no, she seemed too cheerful and happy to be a cold-blooded murderer.  He felt that he could safely turn his back to her and stay alive.  The others in the group, however, they were another story.  He looked around at the band of beasts, trying to determine the different species.  The mist, combined with his vision problems, made it quite hard to distinguish beast from earth, and eventually he gave up, content to just follow along as best he could.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

rachel25

Xant looked Jalie up and down the best he could in the fog, and slowly nodded. "Aye that's me name, and i hear yours is Jalie."

Jukka the Sling

"Aye. Where are ye from?" Jalie inquired. "Ah'm frae the Highlands."

The Shade

Sandfire got up. Rolling mist enveloped him. He shook the fire-hardened stick in front of him, trying to shake it away. He muttered some unknown, probably colour words, under his breath. He didn't like this. Not at all. Who could tell what his next step would be...He grabbed out, and more by chance then skill, got hold of a rough ledge. He was dangling only by his arms, off a mountain. Another step and he wouldn't have been able to save himself. Silently he thanked all those horrible workouts he had put himself through, it was about to pay off, as he hauled himself easily up.

He saw the others walking off, and decided to go after them. After all, what else would he do? Checking a slightly-bloody forearm, he followed.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Jukka the Sling

Behind her, Jalie heard somebeast coming. She looked around and saw Sandfire materialize out of the mist. "Hi, Sandfire!" she called. "D'ye ken if the others are alright?"

rachel25

To Jalie's question about where he was from Xant didn't want to answer, but it might look surspious if he didn't. He didn't want them thinking he was some run away crinmal. "I'm from the North too, but not as far as the Highlands. But I haven't been back to my home for a long time now." Xant said in a matter of fact voice.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Raelicco kept a paw on his new-found shortsword. He frowned at the voice's comments. Those others are going to get us killed if they don't stop messing around, he thought irritatedly to himself. Trying to see through the heavy mist he continued onwards. In the same direction as the others. Not with them.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.