Race to Ascension..... (Phase I) "So close, and yet so far." ~Introduction~

Started by Dannflower Reguba, September 07, 2013, 12:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rachel25

Xant was shivering, he had been dressed for the desert no climbing a mountain. He coughed and his footpaw went off the path, and over the edge, causing him to fall. He grabbed onto whatever came to paw and tried to pull himself up.

Jukka the Sling

Jalie quickly grabbed Xant's paw and pulled him to safety. They continued up the path, with their eyes on the shadowy figure of Thanora they could just see through the mist.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Rainshadow

Cas, deciding that he didn't like following blindly, quickened his step to catch up to an reddish-looking beast.  Possibly a weasel by his smell, but the colour made him look a bit like a fox.  Still, species mattered not, and Cassius said, "Oi, you know where we're goin'?"

OOC:  This would be Raelicco that I'm talking to, Head.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Raelicco frowned. He was never much for conversation, and here was this fool bothering him with stupid questions. "I'd think," he said, "that we would by now know our destination. Wouldn't ye agree?" And then, without waiting for a response, he continued on walking. Still with the same destination as the others. Not with them.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Dannflower Reguba

*que decision making music!*

The shrew from earlier cries in alarm. Startled, you all run over to his position (with assistance if necessary), only to find that the badger unconscious at the bottom of a rift! These rifts are known for extremely cold temperatures, and can give frost bite in a matter of minutes. To make things worse, you just heard a rumble, everybeast turns to find the start of an avalanche closing on your position, but there IS a cave nearby..... Though the avalanche is headed straight for the rift..... What to do?

OPTIONS:
A. Run to the cave (PLENTY of time to get there)
B. Help the shrew unravel the rope he just took out of his pack and risk getting swallowed by an avalanche (this includes assisting him in getting the badger out)
C. Punch your neighbor
D. Run towards where you were at the start of the mountain trek, maybe you'll be tele-ported back and can go home?
E. Help the shrew with the rope, but immediately after run for the cave (you would not help get the badger out)

(Assuming of course that the badger CAN be taken out in time >:D)

"What shall you choose to do?"
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Jukka the Sling

Jalie couldn't just stand there and see another creature die! She turned to the panicked shrew, yelling at him over the noise of the approaching avalanche. "We c'n save the puir beastie if we hurry. There's not much time, ye ken." Taking the rope from the shrew, the haremaid tied it to a projecting rock and lowered herself down, paw over paw, into the rift. The shrew followed once she shouted for him.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Rainshadow

Cassius didn't stick around to watch them climbing down the cliff.  For one thing, he was not too keen on being crushed by the falling snow.  He sprinted to what looked like a cave nearby, hurrying inside as the chill started seeping through his clothing and weak armour.  Oh, how he wished he'd brought more to wear!

Shivering, the silver fox sat down on a rock, wondering if he should have stayed and helped the badger.  No, he could have died from the avalanche.  It was better that he'd run to the cave.  Those fools could kill themselves, for all he cared!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: By the way, you have to wait for everyone to post their stance on this and then wait for me to respond to all of your stances before normal posting happens again (IE: Rainshadow and Jukka, don't post until after my next post).

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Faiyloe

Thanora Grabbed the end of the rope "Will some beast give me a hand with this!" She yelled over the noise. She was going to stay and help there was no way she was going to leave a fellow traveler to die when she could do something about it but she knew she couldn't do it alone she would need help to pull him up. There was no way she was going to be able to pull a full grown badger on her own.     
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

rachel25

Xant stood undecided, should he risk his life for the badger, or save himself. When it was put like that Xant knew  selfish, and low it was.
"Here I'm stronger than you are," He shouted to Thanora, "Let me go in front of ye. I'll take most of the weight!"
Not waiting for an answer Xant leapt forward and grabbed the rope in front of Thanora.
I must be out of my mind. He thought to himself as he took the weight.

The Shade

Sandfer glanced up at the huge avalanche thundering towards them. He was completely torn; Should he help Xant and Thanora with the badger or make a run for it? After a few valuable second he began running toward some sort of cave. He reckoned if anyone was going to do it, it would be the otters, and anyway, there was a limited amount of rope to haul.

Arriving at the cave he went in. It was bigger than he had guessed. He lent against the wall, noticing a fox who had been traveling with them. He made no comment. There was nothing to say. He out to where the otters were hauling away.

"Crazy fools." he muttered.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Raelicco dashed for the cave. This day was really starting to bug him. First the Wearat, and now an avalanche! Finally making it inside the cave, he found a quiet spot and leaned against the wall where he could look outside. His sentiments on the idiots outside were similar to those of Sandfire. Those daft fools were going to be crushed, plain and simple. He wondered what next the path had in store for him.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Leatho Shellhound

Bladepaw, as his honor made him do, ran or rather fell over to were some otters and a hare were lowering them selves by a rope to help a badger.

"Hello chaps, let's get the old badger fellow out of there on the double." Said Bladepaw, while he slowly lowered himself with his one paw.

Once near the ground the cold was getting unbearable, he slipped the last yard of the climb and fell face down in the snow.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Redwaller

Cedany looked around her as she saw some beasts running to a cave, while the otters and the hare helped the shrew get the badger out. Seeing that she was of lesser strength, and that there were enough strong beasts to help, she decided that she was in the way and that the best was to follow the others to the cave.

She bolted into the cave after the others and sat down on the floor next to Cassius. The roar of the avalanche was quickly amplifying until she had to cover her ears from the noise. As she looked outside with partly closed eyes, she saw a white wall of snowflakes slowly thickening.

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: AT LAST! Though I'm sad to lose (Norham?)  :'( BIC:

The avalanche was pounding down onto the rescuers. The badger had come out of his daze by the time he was at the top. Problem was that the avalanche was right on top of them!

Nothing happened? The wave of, "snow," smashed into those outside, but all they felt was an unexpected wave of surreal warmth.

"Maybe you are not quite as hopeless as I thought, we shall soon see!"

The sun seems to brighten the land to an unbearable brightness. As you open your eyes you all find yourselves in a strange rock structure, almost like a massive cave with the peak of the mountain as the roof, a hollowed out mountain top! Apparently the air outside has found a way to pierce the walls, as the air inside is frigid. The warmth from the so called avalanche counters the freezing temperatures.

There doesn't seem to be anything particularly appealing to the structure except an ambient glow coming from a separation of rock straight ahead, you continue to notice that the floor you are walking on is intricately carved, and as your eyes adjust to the darkness you notice, through a light layer of fog, that the floor other than the carved part is littered with an infinite number of rusty weapons! Swords, Axes, Spears, Clubs, Arrows, Staves, Maces, Knives, Daggers, Dirks, Lances, and Rapiers (only weapons that have been mentioned are present) The shrew, fascinated, takes a step off the carved path and the cave seems to emit an echoing "crack" The floors is littered with more than weapons! It's filled with bones!