Race to Ascension..... (Phase I) "So close, and yet so far." ~Introduction~

Started by Dannflower Reguba, September 07, 2013, 12:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

Thanora looked at Xant exasperated did they ever just stop and think for a moment taunting the wearat wasn't going to help! She was beginning to get a little fed up with the others behavior. She looked at the wearat a plan began to formulate in her mind.  She turned to Bladepaw and whispered "Ok I'v got a plan but I'll need your help," She reached in to her pack and took out a Clay bottle "It's cooking oil. That thing is covered from head to toe in mettle if we can set him on fire then he will burn to death baked in his own armor," She waited a second for the information to sink in then she said "I'll slip off and then come up behind it covering it with the oil you need to find a way to set it on fire after that. Here," she said passing him a flint stone and her knife.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

rachel25

Xant who's blood was rising again at the change of another fight was wirling his loaded sling reading to fire. "Hey cupcake! I hope you like stones sticking out of your head!" Xant tornted, he wirled his sling one more time and then fired. The stone flow through the air with perfect grace. Straight towards the Wearat's head, Xant smiled that was until a gust of wind blew the stone of course and it ended up in a bush. He felt a little stupid but not wanting to show it he shouted. "That was a warning princess! Now go before I change my mind!" Xant held his knife and sling ready. Blood from a cut on his head ran into his left eye. He wiped it away and when he looked again everything was happening at the same time.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Great, more trouble. Raelicco thought. Before the Weasels had appeared he had broken off a bone from the skeleton and picked the piece up. Ye never know when ye might need something like this, he had thought. He had felt no sense of comradeship with the Weasels who had attacked them, finding them more of an annoying nuisance. But this, this thing was a bit more than a nuisance. Nothing that he couldn't handle though, he thought confidently. He readied his two wooden javelins, but stayed back. He wasn't going to foolishly attack it first. Let those fools weaken it down a bit first, he thought. Then I'll strike.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Faiyloe

"Use whatever you like your pike a branch just have it ready for when I yell," Thanora ran to the rivers edge and throwing her pack and shield on to the ground she dove in to the water. The shock of the freezing cold river almost made her stop and swim to the surface but she didn't. with one paw clamped around the clay bottle she glided through the waters strange silence till she could no longer hold her breath.  

The Shade

Sandfire loaded a large rock into his sling, and purposefully tightened his leather gaulets. What are those otters playing at? he wondered. He would show his comrades! The desert cat then foolishly ran straight into the open, staring the wearat down. He knew he had to strike fast! His paws a blur, he wipped off the rock, but as soon as he had, he knew he had used to much power, and the stone sailed high above the huge opponent. He just hoped the otter's plan would work, before he was torn appart.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Faiyloe

Thanora came up for air she gasped for breath sucking in the life giving air in gulps. She had pushed her self to hard but it had worked she was now a good stretch up river and out of sight of the others. She climbed out on to the bank and shook her self off. She checked the bottles cap it was secure. She gave a sigh it had survived the swim. She started back to the fight going around so that she would end up bind the Wearat.

Leatho Shellhound

"You can count on me, lass" The hare said, "Fire, right." He began to rap some cloth from his tunic around the head on his javelin. Bladepaw watched as the other beasts sadly missed their targets. He had to wait for the right moment. He thought to himself; if I light it to soon, the wearat would get wind of what I am up to, on the other paw if I light it to late to oil would run off his armor. The plan would fail, or worse we might die.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

The Shade

Sandfire scarmbled out of reach from the monster-sized beast. He could barely believe he was still alive. He had been so close to death! He ran up to Bladepaw, and tapped him on the shoulder. "Anything I can do to help matey?" he asked. He now knew that they would never be able to take down the enemy by charging at him in single file. They had to work together! This was the first time Sandfire had actually been in something that could count as a team, so he waited for the hare's response.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Faiyloe

Thanora could see the Wearat now It's back was turned to her. she stoped at a safe distance and put the clay bottle in her sling. she tightened her grip and prayed that this would work she only had one shot to get this right. She was nervous her hart pounding in her chest. she took a deep breath and then another "all right just do this. Now!" she said to her self under her breath.

"Hey! You! over here that's right pick on some beast your own size!" She yelled spinning her sling with the bottle loaded into it till it was little more than a whoring blur.

Brain over brawn, use the opponents advantages against them that was what she had had been taught. She had never been very strong but what she lacked in physical strength she made up with tact and strategy.    

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: Technically speaking, there's been a bit of PP here. Do you honestly expect him to just stand there through all of this? I can let it go, but please exercise more patience in the future, okay? Also, Faiyloe, that river is torrential to the point of mortal danger, even for an otter. BIC:

Grudge chuckled, "Wanna heat tings up me sees! Well why don't I just... rock your world eh? HAHA!" As he was saying this, the massive beast swung his powerful ax, chipping off a block of stone the size of a shrew. The block hurtled towards Thanora.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Redwaller

Cedany had been about to strike at one of the weasels, when the suddenly dissapeared like smoke. Her swing pushed her down on the ground, and she rolled into some bushes.

As she was about to get up, the thundering voice of the wearat had kept her still. Sitting down, she listened intently, and hoped that Cassius was out of danger.

Standing up slowly, and peeking out, she saw Cassius a short distance from her. Looking down, she picked up a small rock and threw it at Cassius, trying to have his attention. At the same time she motioned to him to come where she was.

Norham Waterpaw

Hadrim was dissapointed. As he about to sink his axe into somebeast's skull, they had to leave. His heart rose again when he heard the voice of Grudge. He tightened the grip on his axe and drew his newfound knife. He emerged from the bushes and began taunting his formidable foe. "Hey, fancypants, I happen to dance very well!" As he said this, he began to dance the stupidest jig you could have seen.

(Ooc)
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Faiyloe

Thanora stopped spinning her sling losing her momentum and jumped backwards the stone slab falling short and smashing in to a million pieces. Rock shards flew in her face and she brought her arm up to protect her eyes. She received several painful scratches. 

OOC: You never said that before. And the weight of a chunk of stone that size would prevent it from flying through the air at any descent speed or distance 

Leatho Shellhound

Bladepaw seeing the beast throw large rocks at Thanora knew he had to get it's attention away from her.

"Take the fire javelin," he told Sandfire "Light it and throw it at that wearat when he has the oil on him."

The hare charged with his other javelin yelling his home war cry Free Southswaaaaaard!!!  At that he came to an abrupt halt and threw his javelin with all his might a the back of the beasts head.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Dannflower Reguba

Grudge ignored the taunts and the obnoxious ping of a javelin on the back of his helmet, "I like me a good otter stew I does!" The wearat charged forward sweeping his ax in front of him like a farmer gone to harvest, "Come to 'ole Grudge me pritty!"
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This