Race to Ascension..... (Phase I) "So close, and yet so far." ~Introduction~

Started by Dannflower Reguba, September 07, 2013, 12:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norham Waterpaw

After Hadrim's paws could feel again, he drew his knife, and jammed it into the seam between thigh and calf, along the knee joint. He leaped back, and picked up his axe again. He seriously wanted to kill this buffoon now. Badly, very badly.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on September 25, 2013, 02:30:39 AM
After Hadrim's paws could feel again, he drew his knife, and jammed it into the seam between thigh and calf, along the knee joint. He leaped back, and picked up his axe again. He seriously wanted to kill this buffoon now. Badly, very badly.

OOC: PP and ignorance to last post by foe, please ignore and continue. (I need a Moobot  :P [Twitch reference])
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Shade

Sandfire yet again loaded his sling, and closed in on Hadrim and Grudge. If they could just cripple the giant beast, then on the ground they had a much better chance of cutting at artery, or chopping off his axe-paw. He swung his loaded sling.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Norham Waterpaw

Ooc: Ahem, sorry.

After the numbness left his paws, Hadrim drew his knife from his coat. He ran up to the wearat and amed for. The knee joint.

Ooc: Better?
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

rachel25

Xant who had been hit by a piece of stone had gone down. The stone had hit him in the side of the head stunning him. He stood up seeing everyone attacking the big beast he picked up his fallen knife and stood up shakily. He ran as best he could over to where everything was happening. As soon as he was close he pushed passed Hadrim and stabbed at the Wearat's armour.
(OOC)   

Faiyloe

Thanora backed off limping a little she knew she couldn't go on like this. Even though she had not received any major injuries the recent struggle had inflicted a numerous amount of minor cuts and buses, which by them selves wouldn't pose a problem but together they were making things difficult. She leaned up against a tree and licking her dry lips, tasted blood. Water still dripping absently from her fur now mingled with blood and dirt. Her head was pounding and she was still breathing hard, and shaky from her close call. 

Her plan had failed the moment when the Wearat had puled the pike out of his shoulder had felt like he was ripping her heart out there was no hope left in the otter maid. She felt sick and weak. Exhausted tired of trying to do the right thing over and over again and failing. Maybe she should just give up stop trying then maybe she could be with her family again. Tears welled up in her eyes. She looked back over her shoulder and saw the look of determination in her companions eyes. The way they fought on, fought for there lives. They where not about to give up, why should she. At the very least she would not abandon her friends.

I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Dannflower Reguba

Grudge couldn't help but smirk as Cedany's sling stone pinged off of the less-than-visible glass cover on the eye-hole, "I've thought of everything little beast!" As Hadrim charged, the wearat ignored him and disengaged towards the staggering Xant, the knife sliding along the plating as Grudge backhanded him in his folly for letting the beast get so close. He swung his ax straight down at the now slightly farther away Xant, "Time to rid myself of one of you beasties!"

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Norham Waterpaw

As Grudge aimed for Xant, Hadrim had to go for it. He ran along side him and began furiously driving at Grudge's knee.

The Shade

Sandfire leaped towards Grudge's other leg. He didn't have a blade, so he began furiously battering away with his sling at the ankle and neecaps. They had to bring him down before he did some serious damage and killed somebeast!

Faiyloe

Thanora picked up a branch with a sharp end and ran at Grudg. His back was to her she pin pointed the place in his armor where there was a gap between the helmet and the back plate exposing his neck. Using Sandfire (almost like a game of leap frog) to propel her self up. She then stabbed at the place with the branch and grabbed on to the edge of the armor plat with her other paw. She wasn't about to let him harm Xant even if he was a fool sometimes.   
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

rachel25

Xant hit the ground hard, knocking the breath out of him. He was frozen with fear as Grudg's axe descended towards him. He saw Thanora bruised and bleeding jump onto the Wearat's back. Xant felt his courage return and rolled out of the way of the axe and leaped for Grudg's leg where Sandfire and Hadrim were franticly attacking the big beats knees and ankles. Xant held his blade in front of him and as he flew past he handed Sandfire his knife so he could stab Grudg's hamstring. He just hoped the desert-cat would be smart enough to do so while Grudg was falling.     

The Shade

Sandfire glanced at the otter and realized he was intenting to hand the blade to him. He snatched the knife, now seeing that he was in a perfect position to attack the leg of Grudge. Useing Thanora's knife as well, he wildly slashed at a hamstring.

rachel25

Xant hit the ground badly. Going ears over rudder he rolled over the sharp rocks shards which cut into him. When he stopped rolling he lay for a moment. He was covered in cuts, blood ran down his face and into his mouth. Xant spat, and sat up crying out in pain as he did so. Xant pulled a rather large shared of rock out of his hunches. "well, that went well." he said sarcasticly to himself.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Raelicco figured that now was as good a time as any and joined the others in attacking the beast. He knew that he probably couldn't do much with his two javelins, but he was far from helpless. Aiming for the Wearat's other leg he brought one of his javelins down into it.

OOC: Apologiez for ze late pozt.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Dannflower Reguba

The branch got skewed on its' way in, but the helmet was pushed into a.... less than comfortable position. The wearat swatted away the pestilent branch. Most of the beasts going after his knees were just scraping , but one of them wised up and smacked it with a sling, Grudge roared and stomped forward and swung, batted, and smacked everything that approached the front of him. He turned around suddenly to face those that had been toying on that side (as well as trying to fix the position of his helmet), "I will fell you like trees scum!" After a quick windup, Grudge swung right to left horizontally (HORIZON=left-right, not up-down) in a very large arc.

OOC: Take a hint here!  ;) Sharp wooden weapons obviously aren't working on armor, but what about concussive weapons?