News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Talk about a series/what your reading!

Started by Blaggut, September 15, 2013, 07:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaggut

Post your fav book or series, feel free to post what it's about!

One of my favs: the secret of the immortal Nicholas flammel series

About: it's a series, and two teens must become wizards and battle fierce gods, to get the codex to save Nicholas and Penelope.
~Just a soft space boi~

rachel25

Cool but not my cup of tea
I've just finished reading a book called Fire Bringer. It's about a herd of dear who's leader murders all the dear outriders (who are the dear who protect the herd) and him and his evil and diseatful adviser start to take over all of the low land. But on the night all the outriders are murdered a fawn is born. He is the son of one of the brave outriders and he is swoapped at birth with another deer because the herd leader wants to kill him.
It's an amazing story and is full of prophesys and legends and battles and a quest. If someone is looking for a good book to read try Fire Bringer.  :)

Blaggut

*revived*

Brandon sanderson has lots of good books and shorts! Here are my favs:

The Rithmatist: A world where chalk can be given life, and fought with, by rithmatists. A boy who wants to become a Rithmatist is drawn into a murder mystery. And who can the mysterious masked man be?

The infinity blade series: If you played any of the infinity blade mobile device games, you'll probs like this. Even if you haven't great trilogy! Last one coming soon!

I can't fit this one...
~Just a soft space boi~

Blaggut

Steelheart: I saved the best for last.. Ten years ago, calamity appeared in the sky. A star, or comet. One year later, normal men and woman got ultimate powers. Some of them. These powers can be anything. Fire bending too infinite bullets, ullisions and invisibility to iron skin and lasers. Even precognition and iron skin. No two are exactly the same. But with this power, comes corruption. Almost all Epics, as they are now called, are evil. They'll kill people for cutting them off, or giving them a dirty look. But, they all have a weakness. This can be anything, from seeing a pattern to the state of mind, or from the age of the attacker to the amount of people. Now meet the Reckoners- a society built to assassinate bad epics. And one kid wants to join them. And he's determined to get revenge on the most powerful epic in north America, Steelheart. All epics have names. Steelheart, death point, and Nightweilder being some.
~Just a soft space boi~

Rusvul

Quote from: Blaggut on September 15, 2013, 07:15:22 AM

About: it's a series, and two teens must become wizards and battle fierce gods, to get the codex to save Nicholas and Penelope.
HHHHHHHH! Yeah! I've read that series! It's awesome! Although Nicholas's wife is Perenelle, not Penelope.

I'm reading Hitchhiker's guide, and it's SUPER AWESOME!

Rainshadow

Rus, if you like airships, you should read Airborn by Kenneth Oppel.  It's about a boy who works on a luxury airship, and it's got airship pirates in it.  It's very cool!  After I finish the other books I have, I'm gonna read the next in the series, Skybreaker, which apparently has airplanes (they're not called that, and they're not exactly airplanes, but who cares?  It's still cool!  ;)).
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Russano the Wise

Quote from: rachel25 on September 15, 2013, 03:38:49 PM
I've just finished reading a book called Fire Bringer. It's about a herd of dear who's leader murders all the dear outriders (who are the dear who protect the herd) and him and his evil and diseatful adviser start to take over all of the low land. But on the night all the outriders are murdered a fawn is born. He is the son of one of the brave outriders and he is swoapped at birth with another deer because the herd leader wants to kill him.
It's an amazing story and is full of prophesys and legends and battles and a quest. If someone is looking for a good book to read try Fire Bringer.  :)

I own that book! And I agree, it is a good book.

Some other series that I enjoy are:

• Redwall(obviously)
  • Warriors/Seekers/Survivors by Erin Hunter

• Ranger's Apprentice/Brotherband Chronicles by John Flanagan
  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians/Heroes of Olympus/The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan

• Young Samurai series/Bodyguard series by Chris Bradford
  • Adventures Wanted by M. L. Forman

• Children of the Lamp by P. B. Kerr
And I could go on and on but I guess I'll stop there.
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Blaggut

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on October 07, 2013, 07:14:41 PM
Quote from: Blaggut on September 15, 2013, 07:15:22 AM

HHHHHHHH! Yeah! I've read that series! It's awesome! Although Nicholas's wife is Perenelle, not Penelope.

It's been a while since I read it. :P
~Just a soft space boi~

Blaggut

~Just a soft space boi~

Tiria Wildlough

Right now I'm into the manga series Fruits Basket, and it's awesome. ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Blaggut

~Just a soft space boi~

Tiria Wildlough

It's about a girl who makes friends with a family who change into animals from the Chinese zodiac when they're hugged by someone of the opposite gender. ;D It's really cool.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Ferrousferret

Well, since I've already talked extensively about my favorite series, here's the one I'm on currently.

'The Books of Mortals' by Ted Dekker & Tosca Lee

It's kind of got these deep religious undertones, but it's a really great, dramatic trilogy & one of the only epic fantasy series' that I've ever seen based in a post-modern era.

Basically, in our time there was a nuclear war & massive political & religious reformation that has completely remade the world. 500 years later, the 1 billion people of planet Earth are controlled by a one world government and a religion that promises peace in the afterlife through service to the Maker and his vision of a perfect world. Not to mention, all of humanity has seemingly evolved beyond emotion, no longer having the capacity to feel anything but fear... or have they? :o

In this world, a young poet named Rom is forcibly given a package before it's owner is murdered in a world where such things are unthinkable. Inside is a vial of blood which can restore the emotions of five people and a coded parchment telling the long forgotten truth of the events that birthed their world, along with a bizarre prophecy that could lead them towards the only hope of restoring humanity to the way it was meant to be... but they aren't the only ones after it. For deep under the citadel where the royal Brahmin family rules, the leaders of the alchemists have found a way to restore partial emotion... and suddenly realize that they want to rule the world.

Faiyloe

@ Russano: I just started reading Warriors series and I like it but I had to send back the first book before I finished it so I haven't gotten very far.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on October 07, 2013, 07:14:41 PM

Aye, Douglaz Adamz vaz a real geniuz. Ah'm currently on ze fourz book in ze trilogy: Zae Long, An' Zankz For Av Ze Fizh!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.