News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

The Knights of Redwallelot

Started by W0NWILL, September 23, 2013, 02:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shade

Oh yes, didn't Rusvul say in a old thread that he loved to murder those squrriels in his yard? Oh dear... ::)
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Tiria Wildlough

I'm thinking about joining, but I just need help about what to do. :-\
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

The Shade

Faiyloe

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on September 25, 2013, 02:30:26 AM
My character sheet:
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on September 23, 2013, 05:27:44 AM
Name: Ivar Finch
Species: Mouse
Rank(knight, noble, servant, peasant...): Prince of the main kingdom
Weapon: Officially, the traditional knight's sword and shield, but for sport (And theft), a short rapier. Usually carries several daggers, in a range of concealment.
Appearance: Black fur so black it's almost purple, long headfur flops over left eye (Why is it that no matter how I make a character, they always have a somehow obscured left eye? (Maybe because IRL my headfur flops over my eye? (When it isn't in a ponytail, that is(QUADRUPLE PARENTHESES!)))), roguishly twinkling bright blue eyes. Surprisingly white teeth, considering the lack of toothbrushes in this era.
Personality: When in royal mode, strangely roguish (Great word) and doesn't pay too much attention to the rules.
Other: Leads a double-life as a knight and a fencer of much renown, and a legendary catburgl... catburga... Um, thief.
Clothing: When stealing, he wears black, tight-fitting trousers and a belt festooned with pouches, knives, lockpicks, a rapier, and loads of other useful junk.
When pretending to be a respectful prince, whatever his parents tell him to wear. As long as it doesn't have any extremely bright colors, doesn't restrict his movement, and he can hide weapons.
When in "Honorable" combat, standard armor, although on the light side. He can't handle extremely heavy armor the way some do.

@Dannflor XD. Well, is it sadistic to like ALMOST-stabbing things? (Although, to be fair, stabbing things is fun too.)

I read this and I got all giddy I love IT. I always liked roguish characters. ;D
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on September 25, 2013, 10:01:22 AM
I'm thinking about joining, but I just need help about what to do. :-\

You could be a knight.  :)
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Rusvul

Quote from: The Shade on September 25, 2013, 08:52:05 AM
Oh yes, didn't Rusvul say in a old thread that he loved to murder those squrriels in his yard? Oh dear... ::)
Did I? Hmm. Strange. I don't remember saying that. I only stab inanimate objects (Mostly pizza boxes and plants) I have a friend who does like using his weird slingshot thing to shoot squirrels out of trees, though. He SAYS it doesn't really hurt them, but idk if that's true.

@Faiyloe Me too! Well, I didn't get giddy, but I like roguish characters too. So much fun to play, you get to casually insult people and sneak around.

Faiyloe

Quote from: Faiyloe on September 24, 2013, 08:55:14 PM
Ok We can be robing the same building and see what happens.

Should my character recognizes yours as the prince or not? 

To answer my own question. Crystal shouldn't recognize him at fist but then she sees him somewhere else and figures it out. Like maybe she is robbing the castle or something.  If that's Ok with you.

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on September 25, 2013, 02:20:31 PM

@Faiyloe Me too! Well, I didn't get giddy, but I like roguish characters too. So much fun to play, you get to casually insult people and sneak around.

This is litaraly what I looked like after I read you character description. ->  ;D
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Rusvul

Quote from: Faiyloe on September 25, 2013, 02:24:35 PM
Quote from: Faiyloe on September 24, 2013, 08:55:14 PM
Ok We can be robing the same building and see what happens.

Should my character recognizes yours as the prince or not? 

To answer my own question. Crystal shouldn't recognize him at fist but then she sees him somewhere else and figures it out. Like maybe she is robbing the castle or something.  If that's Ok with you.

This is litaraly what I looked like after I read you character description. ->  ;D
Kk, that sounds good.

The Shade

Quote from: The Shade on September 25, 2013, 08:52:05 AM
Did I? Hmm. Strange. I don't remember saying that. I only stab inanimate objects (Mostly pizza boxes and plants) I have a friend who does like using his weird slingshot thing to shoot squirrels out of trees, though.

Sorry, I was joking. :P

KitrallStreamrippler

Thanks, Won! Sorry it took so long to get these up. Btw, if there is/would be a problem with Morwyn's magic (found at he very bottom), please let me know and I will fix it. (It's probably fine, but it seems like kind of a lot to me.)

Name: Sir Oxford
Species: Hare
Age: 40ish or thereabouts (past his prime, but not 'old' yet)
Weapons: Shortword, halberd
Appearance: Stocky and of average height, he has mottled tan fur with a white underside, and grey eyes. He wears a log green tunic and a felt cap (complete with feather). His shortsword is carried in its sheath on a plain brown leather belt, and his lute is on a carrying strap across his torso.
Personality: Almost constantly cheery, he is a perpetual and incurable optimist. He also really loves his job, and is quite protective of his protégé (especially when males attempt to "make a pass" at the attractive maid).
Other: He found Morwyn, abandoned in the snow, as a kit, and has raised her as his own daughter. He loves her very much and is quite proud of her.

Name: Morwyn
Species: Ferret
Age: 16ish, or thereabouts (not still a child, but not quite an adult)
Weapons: Throwing knives
Appearance: Tall and graceful, she has auburn fur with a creamy underside, and green-flecked amber eyes. While traveling, she wears a tunic to match Oxford's, but when stopped or performing, she prefers her gypsy regalia- a fringed shawl in many shades of blue, a poofy embroidered blouse that was once white, a green skirt with a simple gold design, a brown leather belt corset-y thing, and scarves of various colors. Her flute hangs from her waist, along with a leather pouch containing her knives.
Personality: Adventurous, merry, open and compassionate, yet quick-tempered, stubborn, rebellious and overly self-critical. She enjoys Oxford's company and loves him as a father, but sometimes resents his protectiveness.
Other: She is an excellent singer and dancer, and her most prized possession is an intricately carved oaken locket. Also, she has limited element-related magic: she can draw strength from the earth, can heal minor injuries with water, light candles, campfires, etc., and can muffle or carry sound.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Tiria Wildlough

I was wondering, could I play a friend of Oxford and Morwyn? I don't really get the whole knight thing.  ;D
I'm not a hipster.

KitrallStreamrippler

'S fine with me.

Knights are pretty much just highly-trained and valuable soldiers. (Had to learn all sorts of stuff- sword fighting, lance, horse riding, strategy, etc. as well as being well-educated and having good manners (chivalry!)) They are pledged to protect the realm and its inhabitants from... um... evil, basically.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Tiria Wildlough

I know that stuff, I just don't think I could roleplay as one. :-\

Name: Noryl Winn
Species: River otter
Weapon: Slingshot
Appearance: She is slightly plump, of average height and with thick light brown fur. Her eyes are a clear blue, and she wears a sky-blue dress and a thick yellow scarf. When performing, she changes the scarf for a heavily embroidered red shawl. She keeps her violin in a light wooden box which she carries on her back most of the time.
Personality: Noryl is a mother-duck sort of person, being protective and softhearted towards most people.  She is liable to panic attacks if things go wrong, and worries incessantly when there's danger. Mostly, though, she keeps her worries to herself. Despite this, she is quite the performer.
Other: Noryl is a friend of Morwyn and Oxford, and travels with them most of the time. It is rumoured that she once had a family, but it must have ended badly because nothing will induce her to talk about them.
I'm not a hipster.

The Shade

@Kit I was wondering if you'd let Sir Oxford could be Mack's old boxing mentor or something? Its completly fine if you don't want to, with Noryl already being associated him and all, I just thought it sounded quite cool.

KitrallStreamrippler

@Tiria: Whoops. *sheepish smile* Sorry- I just really love the whole Romantic period, so I can get a bit over zealous in sharing that interest with others.

@Shade: Sure, that's fine.