News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

The Knights of Redwallelot

Started by W0NWILL, September 30, 2013, 07:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

"Oh don't tell him! he mustn't know I helped! I don't know... The last time I tried something anywhere near as big it fell apart and started this whole mess!" She said running a paw threw her head fur.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Rusvul

"I'll be honest with you here- I don't know what happened to cause the magic ban. I was only eleven at the time, my father didn't tell me much of anything. But I knew it had to do with your old master- He'd visit the castle from time to time. Remember, you sometimes came with him? He's the one that gave me the magic-sensing ring. About the time of the ban, I knew something had changed, but I was so sheltered, I didn't know what. I noticed that your master stopped visiting- I asked my father about it, and he said "He won't be coming anymore. I'm angry with him."
I didn't know what that was about at the time, but I can guess that he was part of the cause of the ban. From the way you've spoken, I've confirmed that- I don't know the exact incident, but I know you and he were involved. I'd guess it was Lesser Novalic magic- Seems to me that'd be the main thing that would be serious enough to cause a ban. That or some very, very potent black magic.
But trust me. This won't be like whatever happened. This isn't the cause of a problem- It's the least violent solution to one.
The only other way I can think of to stop the ban is to overthrow the King- That would probably do more harm than good. Crime- And I mean violent crime, not the petty theft that we, ahem, deal with now- would rage, nobeast would be safe- The kingdom would be torn down, and who could say whether it would rise back up again."

Faiyloe

"It wasn't my masters fault... it was me. I was trying to show off... We where at a feast I was only ten at the time. I projected the image of a dragon into everyone minds making it look like there was an actual dragon in front of them. It was just for entertainment and everything went well at first. I was in control it did some tricks but then I wanted to try something harder and then something even harder. I started to lose control and i began to hear the voices of the people inside my head they were beginning to take over. All havoc broke loss. A fire started and... and... you can guess the rest... I left my master I was to ashamed. I didn't want to see what I had done to him. So I left yet I am reminded every day of my life of that mistake. That is why I did not want to teach you magic Kash, That is why I ran away this morning. Not because I had to but because it was an excuse. and not because I did not want to share but because it reminded me. I am sorry." She then straitened her self and said  "Well I suppose magic can only be band once. once you hit bottom the only place to go is up. Count me in, But if I burn down Redwall don't blame me,"

Rusvul

Ivar nodded seriously. "Thank you for sharing this with me. I admit, I was curious, but I thought it might be a bad memory, so I wasn't going to ask. And luckily," he added, with a grin, "This spell doesn't involve fire..." He broke off. An apprentice, transforming a basic mind-image spell over an area into a lesser novalic fireball? That was absolutely unheard of. As far as Ivar knew, no magician with anything less than five seasons of practice- After apprenticeship- had ever succeeded at a Novalic spell of any description. Just goes to show the power of error- and of Crystal. Although, to be fair, she had likely been in the company of many magicians who she could have inadvertently drawn power from... But still.
"Now, if you'll forgive the presence of this item, I need to send a message."
Drawing the armband out of his pouch, he set a finger on each crystal. He pictured Jarn's face as well as he could, and thought to him *Jarn. Jarn! Hello. It's me, Ivar. Repeat, Ivar. Crystal's agreed to help us-  repeat, Crystal's agreed to help us. Home of Kash, down past tavern near bakery. Find us- we need to plan*
Ivar slumped back in his chair, tired after his effort.  "I can only hope that went through alright- sometimes messages through linked items can become rather... Muddled."

EDIT: Corrected a few spelling mistakes that were bugging me.

Dannflower Reguba

Argo's experience with sound and nature magic had allowed him to pick up the whispers of enchanted items. Listening briefly, The squirrel closed his eyes and let the obsidian in his arm guards channel the communication so that the message would be perfectly clear on the other end, "At this rate, I'm going to have to equip all of my casting implements." This did not make him happy, he hated using outside utensils to assist his magic as it was. Be that as it may, the continuous use of magic would be exhausting, even for a highly experienced beast.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Faiyloe

"It doesn't matter whether there is fire involved or not. The dragon and his fire where all fake. A hallucination you might say. A linked hallucination with everyone seeing the same thing. Someone knocked a candle over. That is what started the fire," Crystal said She pretended to be unfazed by the arm band then a thought hit her "Where is all this gold kept?" she asked

Cornflower MM

Quote from: rachel25 on February 17, 2014, 08:32:24 PM
Saygar looked at Arya as if she had grown another head or something, "Why leave money. There's loads of veg. Just take what you want, just make sure its not obvious."

Arya looked at Saygar as if he had grown another head. "What, steal? No! I'm not that desperate." She said firmly, getting what little money she had putting in the spot where a carrot had been while taking a bite out of it.

rachel25

Saygar rolled his eyes, "Fine, if that's what you want." He turned to go toward the door leading out of the storeroom.
--------------------------
Kash felt better, he sat up slowly. He listened to everything that they were saying. He wasn't quite sure what to say, so he just listened.

Cornflower MM

Arya walked after him, "What now?"

rachel25

Saygar pretended that the door was stuck, he pulled at it, but was jamming it carefully so Arya couldn't see, with his foot.
"The door won't open. It's stuck."

Leatho Shellhound

The shrew black smith was walking around the castle grounds when a face came out of his hammer head. He almost dropped it but he heard the message.

"I didn't know it could do that!" He said to him self in wonder at what he had just seen. Still contemplating on this, he begain to follow the darker blue to red path that would lead him to his friends. He was quite glad about the turning of events.

The hammer grew red as he entered a building of moderate size. Sitting at a table was Ivar and Crystal, along with another beast that was on the floor.

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Faiyloe

Crystal looked up and her face fell when she saw Jarn "It's you," She said

Leatho Shellhound

"Yeah, I believe you all sent for me, if that's what it could be called." Turning to Ivar he asked, "How did you do that?"
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Cornflower MM

Arya groaned. "Just what we need! Here, let me have a go at it; I'm rather strong after spending about three quarters of my life in slavery."

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on February 19, 2014, 10:28:49 PM
"Yeah, I believe you all sent for me, if that's what it could be called." Turning to Ivar he asked, "How did you do that?"

OOC: Was that a result of me channeling the message? Or just some idiosyncrasy you haven't told us of yet? Or something else?
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This