News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Different accents of the creatures

Started by Cornflower Fieldmouse, July 27, 2011, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osu

I must say I find the bats to be right charming while in th'midst of a jolly chinwag, old fruit. Couldn't agree more, wot!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Indeed, the batz are braw, alright...alright.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Redwall Musician

Bats are interesting. Moles are funny.
But I think the most interesting of all the accents is HiaG's accent. A mix of lizard and highlander. Very interesting.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Gonff

I like HIAG's accent but it doesn't occur in any of the books.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Twid either make the one'z tha' twaz in more intereztin', or get them demoted from everyone'z top-ten liztz.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Lord Brocktree

I must say my favorite accent is that of the Sparrows. When I first read about them in Redwall I fell in love with them. To this day the sparrows are my favorite characters, aside from Gonff.
"An' if on an empty tummy I'm slain,
Then I'll jolly well never get killed again,
So pass the pudden an' fetch those pies,
An' I'll give the foebeast a rotten surprise!"

Log-a-Log

I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Skalrag of Marshank

"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Dotti

In the tv series, I really like Kilconey's accent.  It's pretty cool.
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Skalrag of Marshank

Heehee. He sounds American in the show...
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Osu

Quote from: Skalrag of Marshank on August 29, 2011, 10:55:40 PM
Heehee. He sounds American in the show...
I've always wondered - what DO Americans sound like to... well, non-Americans? ???

The hares in the show disappointed me juuuust a tiny bit because their accents weren't as strong or silly as I like. Alas! I shall stand by them anyway, for they are hares.

Do the way searats and corsairs typically speak count as an accent?
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

White One6193

Quote from: Osu on August 05, 2011, 06:24:04 AM
Wha-- guh-- geeky?! Blasphemy, sir! The hares are the utter definition of suave and fabulous and... yes! ;D

Huzzah! I agree wholeheartedly, sah! So the other guy can go boil 'is blinkin' head ;)
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

White One6193

Ah'd love tae hear a Highlander Badger Lord! He'd have a voice like a summer thunderstorm in the mountains.
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Redwall Musician

White One6139:
Please don't double post. Edit your original post instead.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: White One6193 on September 05, 2011, 02:39:46 AM
Ah'd love tae hear a Highlander Badger Lord! He'd have a voice like a summer thunderstorm in the mountains.
Yes, that would be interesting. ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.