News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

RP: Trouble on the Horizon

Started by Nightfire, July 28, 2011, 01:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

OOC: If ye want, Iban could accidentally get in the way o' the dart an' die inztead o' the Wearat.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Nightfire

Who is that again? And if you really want someone to die in the place of the wearat, then you can. Saves me from having to figure out how someone as great a shot as Nightfire could miss a big, hulking target like that. :)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Skalrag of Marshank

"Reeeeedwaaaaaaaaall!" staff in paw, Rooke rushed the Wearat. The huge creature grunted in surprise when he was whacked on his heavily armored back.

The Wearat spun around, and pointed a broadsword at Rooke.

"For that you will die, Riverdog!" he hissed, and jabbed his sword toward the otter.

Rooke jumped nimbly out of the way. He grinned at the wearat. "Come and get me, fatty!"

The wearat swung the huge sword with all of his might, all of his superior battle experience forgotten in his rage.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Tiria Wildlough

Kannetar Maleris scrambled up the ropes, and hauled herself over the walltop. She was faced with Ambriya.
'Hawaaay the braaaww!'
The ferret nimbly ducked Ambriya's sword strokes, and swung out with her trusty staff.
'Uuph!'
Ambriya fell with a thud. Kannetar triumphantly raised her staff and brought it down hard. She found herself holding a shorn-off end. Ambriya had slashed it through with her swords.
'Why, yew liddle--
The ferret drew her knives, and aimed for Ambriya's throat. But the squirrel ducked around, and hauled Kannetar over the side. The ferret was only saved by the fact that she had hold of one of the climbing ropes.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Iban ducked as an arrow flew over his head and hit a rat behind him. Beside him, Korr disarmed a squirrel with one of his twin swords, grabbed him, and thew him over the side where he died upon impact with the ground.

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Nightfire

Nightfire watched in grim satisfaction as Rooke led the wearat ever closer. She readied a dart. then raised the bamboo blowpipe to her lips. She chuckled, then blew, the dart whizzing through the air towards the wearat's neck.

OOC: I'm not going to save the wearat, mates. That's up to you guys. ;)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Iban stepped in to fight Rooke alongside the wearat. He suddenly felt a small pain in his neck. Reaching towards his neck he pulled out Nightfire's dart and looked at it. The world suddenly felt awfully calm. He sighed, and fell backwards onto the grass. The clouds above moved along, calmly observing the terrible conflict below.

~~~

Korr saw the dart go into his brothers neck, who then pulled it out and fell down. His swift eyes located Nightfire and then just as swiftly returned to his brother. Makin his way quickly to his brother, he dropped his sword and knelt beside his brother, cradling his head in his arms. "We need to get you back to camp." he said. "You can get treated there." His brother's voice was filled with an odd calmness. "Not this time, brother. There's no escaping death this time. Goodbye, Korr." and with that said he went on to Dark forest. Korr held his dead brother as he made a solemn vow. "I will avenge you my brother. I swear it upon my blades!" And with that he layed his brother softly back onto the ground and stood up. He picked up his blade and stood up, unsheathing the other. He stared up at Nightfire, deep anger and hatred in his eyes. With a bellow of rage he started fighting his way towards her.

OOC: Tut tut, zuch violence in thiz RP...

Skalrag of Marshank

Rooke backed away from the Wearat. He stumbled over the body of the dead weasel. Rooke cursed inwardly. The Wearat saw his chance and swiftly chopped the otter's staff in two.

"I've got you now, Riverdog!" he hissed, raising his sword.

Rooke rolled to one side. But not fast enough. The Wearat's sword took his rudder.
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

OOC: Ha, now you're just like the Mask!   8) BIC:
Nightfire saw the vermin fighting towards her. She grimaced in anger that the dart had been intercepted. She ignored the vermin, knowing she could fight him off. She ran towards the wearat, fighting calmly without any bloodwrath as she defended Rooke. "Yer dead, Slayyin Allby!" She shlashed repeatedly at him with her dirk, then snatched a sword from a fallen foebeast, using it skilfully against the wearat.

OOC: I named the wearat!  ;D Slayyin Allby is kinda my version of saying "Slaying All Beasts."  ;D

Icefire

OOC: Tsk, tsk, tsk. I leave you people alone for a week and look what happens! *shakes head*  ;) :D

BIC: Meryoran stood staring out the infirmary window in shock, "All those creatures...dead. I can hardly believe it."
She watched as the wearat chopped off Rooke's rudder. That's when she snapped out of it and went rushing around the infirmary stuffing supplies into a basket saying, "Come on, Sister Willow! We have work to do!"
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Tiria Wildlough

Kannetar scrabbled up the ropes again, then sat on the walltops nursing rope-burned paws.
Slayyin Allby the Wearat dealt her a swift blow. 'Get on with it, ya lazybeast!'
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skalrag of Marshank

Saria, white fox seer for Slayyin, wrapped her cloak around herself tighter, despite it being a warm August night.

"Sire," she whispered to the snarling Wearat, "Mayhaps 'twould be better to retreat and attack again tomorrow--"

"Shut up!" Slayyin smacked the fox's face with a huge paw. "Slayyin Allby does not know the meaning of the word retreat! We stay 'til the last of our enemies are slain."

Or until the last of our beasts is,the vixen thought darkly, rubbing her stinging face. Aloud, she replied, "Yes, sire, ye know best. After all, ye have the royal blood of the Wearats flowing through your veins."

Slayyin seemed not to hear. "Make sure the soldiers know to save that black squirrel and the otter for me. I will kill them slowly, and they will call me 'lord' before they breath their last."

"Splendid idea, sire," Saria muttered.
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

Nightifre aided Rooke to the abbey, casting a hateful glance back over her shoulder towards the wearat.

Icefire

Sister Willow (who had missed seeing Rooke's rudder cut off) met them and asked, "What happened here?" as she took out supplies from a basket and started to tend to Rooke's wound(s?).
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Nightfire

Nightfire saluted Sister Willow. "Thise 'ere otter got his rudder cut off by Slayyin Allby. 'E ain't bad 'urt, but 'tis painful.