News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Concerts

Started by redwallgurl, October 11, 2013, 10:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redwallgurl

Has anyone been to any concerts at all?
I've been to two in my life, fun. and U2. They are an amazing experience.
Fun. is a fantastic band.

naima

i couldn't even begin to count the concerts i've been to in my life. been on a steady diet of several a month since i was maybe 16. they're jazz concerts mostly, but i'll list a few of the most memorable with some youtube clips of what they are to accompany;

kit downes & seb rochford duet; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GqoWjnieRc
polar bear (i've seen these guys about 5 times now, they're incredible); http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX_CFSiZ5Zk
ravi coltrane; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdLCoLVRCmk
ralph towner & paolo fresi; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpNfbZY0JtE
arve henriksen; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgoBgrt6pts
kenny wheeler big band; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBRumrdDil8

at the london jazz festival this year, i'm going to be seeing four of my very very favourite musicians who i'm perhaps not going to get another chance to see. carla bley, steve swallow, kenny wheeler (again) and lee konitz... all of which are in their 70s or 80s.

i've also played a hell of a lot in my time. right now i'm playing at least one a week in london
it was the strangest thing today
i studied footprints in abandoned pathways
'neath forgotten undergrowth something stirring again
you were a single red blood cell and I lost you in this knot of capillaries
but you were bringing me oxygen when I needed it most in the smoke

(frank turner)

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

I'm goin' tae a Bagpipez concert at ziz church ziz veekend. Tiz 'eld annually every year.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Tam and Martin

I went to a Chris Tomlin concert before and almost came close to going to a Piano Guys concert.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

redwallgurl

Fun. is a fantastic band.

Rainshadow

I've been to a Billy (or is it Franklin?  I can't remember) Graham festival, so I saw a bunch of different bands, including Group 1 Crew, Newsboys, and a couple of others that I can't remember (I was there five or six years ago.  ;)).  Then in 2011 I went to CreationFest, so I saw Red, Chris Tomlin, Newsboys, and I think a few other bands, as well as BRAD STINE!!!  Oh my goodness he was funny!  :D
  Oh!  And I've also gone to a Michael W. Smith concert, which was very cool, but he was ill at the time and was losing his voice, so he mainly played piano.

Besides that, I'm a musician as well, so I'm in two concerts per year, playing (currently) clarinet, electric bass guitar, and I sing.  Plus I do a piano recital twice a year, so I guess you could sorta count that.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Shade

^Wow. :o That's a tidy lot! What kinda music do you sing to?

I haven't really gone to any concerts...my cousin did go to see Justin Bieber live. Said it was rubbish. That's it really.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

CrazyPug37

Quote from: The Shade on October 12, 2013, 06:25:37 PM
I haven't really gone to any concerts
Same.

I've played in a few for my school, but I've never actually been to one.
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

Rainshadow

I haven't really gone to any concerts...my cousin did go to see Justin Bieber live. Said it was rubbish. That's it really.

I'm in a choir, so mostly choir music.  This year we're doing songs like Carol of the Kings, Breath of Heaven, I Go to the Rock, We Have Seen the Light, Hallelujah Chorus (ugh, that one's disgustingly hard!), etc.  Lots of Christmas music because we do a Christmas concert.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Shade

Nice. Do you ever get nervous?
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Rainshadow

Naw, I've been doing it for several years, so I don't really get nervous at all.  Plus the fact that the stage lights are so bright that you can't see any of the crowd.  That helps.  ;)  But I've seriously grown so used to it that I get sad when it ends.  :P

Norham Waterpaw

Quote from: Rainshadow on October 12, 2013, 08:40:45 PM
  Naw, I've been doing it for several years, so I don't really get nervous at all.  Plus the fact that the stage lights are so bright that you can't see any of the crowd.  That helps.  ;)  But I've seriously grown so used to it that I get sad when it ends.  :P

Hey, another Choir Person!  :D

Man, I have been in choir for at least 4 years, and now I'm in an orchestra. I'm a little nervous, because my first Orchestra Concert is coming on November 14.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on October 12, 2013, 08:54:46 PM
Quote from: Rainshadow on October 12, 2013, 08:40:45 PM

Hey, another Choir Person!  :D

Man, I have been in choir for at least 4 years, and now I'm in an orchestra. I'm a little nervous, because my first Orchestra Concert is coming on November 14.
I am in a musical orchestra now also and in a few days I am going to do a recital for it!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Norham Waterpaw

Ooooh! What instrument do you play?
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Rusvul

Quote from: Rainshadow on October 12, 2013, 07:30:55 PM

I'm in a choir, so mostly choir music.  This year we're doing songs like Carol of the Bells, Breath of Heaven, I Go to the Rock, We Have Seen the Light, Hallelujah Chorus (ugh, that one's disgustingly hard!), etc.  Lots of Christmas music because we do a Christmas concert.  ;)
"Hark how the bells, sweet silver bells, all seem to say, throw cares away..." I used to love that song so much. Idk if those are the lyrics you know, but they're the ones I do :P I wouldn't be surprised if there were variants. Actually, I'd be surprised if there weren't.