A Winter to Freeze Your Heart RP

Started by Unimaginative, October 20, 2013, 12:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you wish to join the Purple Unicorn Army of Brazil, led by me?

Yes
No

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: Geez, a guy gets a little busy and everyone has a party.  :P

@Blaggut: The Abbey main gates are literally one of the sturdiest structures, the strategic reason behind attacking them is that it makes a huge opening for the vermin to course through. You can't just come up and say, "Hey, the door's almost down, whatcha gonna do about it?" That is qualified under either GM'ing, or PP'ing depending on the way you go about the explanation. Also, I wouldn't expect to win, especially with some of the plans being made.  ;) BIC:

Ervoyce groaned before saying anything as he had taken a slingstone to the neck and shoulder area. After sitting down and rubbing the bruised area for a moment he looked at Vatra, "Because I'm not going to let anybeast die when I have the capability to save them, " he closed his eyes and breathed deeply, leaning against a tree he continued, "I let it go once before, an*......." The squirrel opened his eyes, now staring at the dilapidated branches sprouting from the surrounding forest, "We should probably get back to the Abbey, I heard them giving the front gate a couple of knocks so It'd be best if we came in by the East Wicker gate."
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Cornflower MM

BIC: Arya opened her eyes and sat up. She looked over the battlements and saw Ervoyce and Vatra talking, and a vermin creeping up on them. She found her bow and shot an arrow, which killed the vermin. She hoped they would be able to get to the Abbey alright, since that was her last arrow. She swayed and fell down against the sandstone.

Faiyloe

"I let it go once before, an*......."

At these words Vatra looked up at him with a look of sad understanding in her eyes. 

"We should probably get back to the Abbey, I heard them giving the front gate a couple of knocks so It'd be best if we came in by the East Wicker gate."

"OK," She said and then spun around as Arya's arrow hit the vermin. "We need to get going," She took some of the cloak in one paw and pressed it up against her wound and then staggered on.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Unimaginative

Brokentooth smiled wickedly as his arrow met it's mark. A young squirrel, by the looks of her silhouetted form on the wall just before she was shot. He had killed several beasts and seemed like he would be adding another to his tally, after that shot. Just as he let lose another arrow, he was struck in the shoulder by a well aimed shot by a beast on the walls. Grimacing, he fell back into the woods. Hidden where he was, he continued to shoot from the trees, though not as accurately as before.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Blaggut

Another set of vermin refreshed those at the log. Another lot carrying set also went to the front gate.

Occ: Ok, now about 3 hits. Also, the abbey isnt built for attack, and those fats are seasons old. And again, am I allowed to win?!?!
~Just a soft space boi~

Faiyloe

OOC: Corn alredy said no. and as to the gates. Most any gate would not fall after just three hits. and these are not just any gates. These are the gates of Redwall which have with stood much more than that in the past. You would have to compare this to what happens in the books. You would have to hit it at least 30 times before you even made a dent. Add on to that the fact that they have been shored up making them niy impossible to breech. at least in that short amount of time it would take half a day of banging on the door before you did enough damage to make the Redwallers get nervous.   

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: Let's just hope we don't drag this out so long that he has time to make a conventional battering ram instead of this dinky improvisation.  :P BIC:

Ervoyce stood and followed Vatra, weighing the happenings against previous encounters to try and predict the vermin's next move, "The main gate is a pretty popular target, but I hope that the leaders have had sense enough to keep the majority of the guard elsewhere as they are most likely looking for a place to grapple...." The squirrel was somewhat spaced out, puzzling over strategies, and potential scenarios in his mind. This wouldn't be easy, not by a long shot.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Shade

Yatar nodding thankfully at the mole and hedgehog that had just appeared on the scene to help. Somebeast must have heard him calling. Gripping the huge iron monster in which the oil was stored, together they hefted it onto the edge of the walltop.

"Ok, easy now, easy..."

Together they heaved the contents over. A couple of seconds later they were greeted by the screams of agonized beasts. The boiling oil had done its work.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Faiyloe

Vatra walked around the the wall gate she had left from before. It was still unlocked. She opened it and went in then  she waited for Ervoyce to catch up. She suddenly felt very dizzy she leaned against the wall and held the door for support. She saw stars and then a blackness enveloped her she was falling in slow motion in to a pit a bottomless pit the sound of battle far off as if in another world and then nothing at all.   

OOC: Can Vatra and Arya meet in the Infirmary? And then Vatra says she is sorry. FYI in a situation like this Corn you can PP a random healer character of fighting mouse. No one with a real character is in a position to help right now. 

rachel25

Zanga was thankful to hear the screams of vermin outside the gate, although he wasn't a creature who enjoyed violence, he did like justice. And the vermin were getting just that. He was feeling a lot better now, and thought about going back onto the wall. He was just mounting the wall steps, when he saw Arya go down. He now ran up the stairs, and raced towards her. "Are you alright, oh my goodness, I'll get you to a healer right away.!"
--------------------
Jantar's eye grew wide as she saw a cooking pot full of some boiling liquid, being poured onto the battering ram. She screamed in rage, as vermin ran away left, right, and centre. "You fools! Blunders, get back, and finish battering down the ga*"
She saw something, two squirrels, going into the Abbey, via a small side gate. They must be the trouble causers. She smiled wickedly to herself, and picked up her blow pipe. And hurried towards the squirrels. You shall pay, you shall pay.  

Dannflower Reguba

Ervoyce got inside just as Vatra was starting to sway, "Uh oh." After closing and firmly securing the gate he rushed to Vatra to catch her before she hit the ground, "Can't let you go conking your head on things now can we." The squirrel hefted his companion and made his way towards the infirmary, "How many more casualties can we afford?" They were being too aggressive, playing by the vermin's rules. He shook his head, trudging through the fluffy snow towards the nearest Abbey door.

OOC: I'm assuming (Faiyloe) that it's okay for me to do that?

Faiyloe

OOC: Yup no prob seeing as I am out right now.

Blaggut

The few living or unscathed vermin retreated.

Ooc: I'd I'm not allowed to win, why am I even playing?  >:( If I can't even win I'm NOT going to play this, cuz that would be stupid! If you wanna rig this against the horde, you can find your own dang Grund!  >:(

Bic: Grund contemplated what to do. He saw a tree with large leaves and branches... Something stirred in his mind. When he was young, an ermine had tried to fly using leaves and branches. He had glided a short way, then fallen. His neck was sticking out of the flesh. Grund ordered one of his captains to make gliders out of branches and the largest, most aerodynamic, most stable leaves. And also to rig ropes up to the tops of the trees. They would need about 7. It wouldn't take to long...
~Just a soft space boi~

Faiyloe

OOC: You eventually might be able to almost win just not in this battle. Cluny almost took the abbey at the end of the book and so did Ironbeak. You just have to be patient. Gilders you have to be joking! that is the least practical approach. A) to make ones that would actually work and support any good amount of weight it would take a long time. B) where would you be gliding from the trees? You wouldn't be able to get them up there or take off properly without ruining them. C) There is no real advantage to using gliders that can't be met by simpler more effective means. 

It would be better if you used grappling hooks and leaders, or you could even take a plank of wood like Cluny and and place it between a tree and the wall and cross on that. The best strategy are the simple ones. I could help you with some more ideas if you like. It seems unfair the the good side gets all the outside tactical help but the vermin side doesn't.     

Cornflower MM

OOC: @Faiy, sure! Sounds great. ;)

BIC: "Zanga? Oh...Arrow in stomach....Hurry..." She groaned, then blacked out again. Her last thought before blacking out was, I really do wish he was a squirrel...