News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

How do you picture the characters?

Started by Tiria Wildlough, July 29, 2011, 11:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coobreedan

I picture some as Pokemon, because when I read Redwall, I had a Pokemon obsession.

Warbeak:

King Bull Sparra:

*Sees that Nighfire is about to ask a question* Yes, I do picture some as Kirby characters.

Lady Amber:

Not wearing those clothes though.

I know it looks nothing like a squirrel, but who cares.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Nightfire

Why would I ask a question?? Oh, wait...that WAS a question. HAHAHA! I'll admit, you got me there.  ::)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Hari Ashsling

I picture them as animals. Not as people in the least. :blink:

I usually picture them like Narnian animals. ;D

Tiria Wildlough

I don't really picture them much. I just go by what I see in the pictures.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Coobreedan

Quote from: Hari Ashsling on September 14, 2011, 09:03:57 PM
I picture them as animals. Not as people in the least. :blink:

I usually picture them like Narnian animals. ;D
That's how you should picture them. I am a complete weirdo for making mine look like that. :P
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Log-a-Log

I picture them as animals, but I always picture their hands like human hands just covered in fur, not claws and paws
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Coobreedan

Me too, 'cos they wouldn't be able to hold a sword otherwise would they?

Matthias Martin

i saw the cartoon first and then reald the books but even as reading the books. i always thought of the Abbey as human size abbeys, and teh mice as human size. then have the animals in ratios to the mice as human size.

BadgerLordFiredrake

I don't know if this really counts, but I picture the moles with a Southern accent.
baby turtle forever

Folgrimeo

I think we can allow voices. I don't see a "how do you imagine the characters" thread, and "picturing" a character could be interpreted in a similar way. The TV series did give distinct accents to certain characters and groups (like how the Guosim shrews have Russian accents, and... whatever accent Rowanoak has). Some of those may have been unexpected.

Despite the many written accents in the books, I keep imagining everyone is American (not British since I can't naturally slip into that. Any time I see "scone" I hear it with a long 'O'). This creates problems when there's a unique accent like the one for molespeech, because then I imagine an American saying it as-is. I have to give credit to the TV series for the country-like accent the moles have, it makes complete sense, making molespeech easy to understand and charming. My only exception is that I give a Scottish accent to any character from the Highlands, even though I know the Highlands probably includes more places than Scotland.

Tiria Wildlough

I think Rowanoak's accent was Irish, 'cos I know someone who talks like her.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Romsca

I usually picture my favorite characters as people, but the other characters I mostly picture as animals like in my pictures, you can see them in my picture request topic

Redwallfan7

I picture them like the t.v series and then for the books that weren't made into a t.v series I picture the animals as walking on two legs, having an anthro figure and wearing clothes.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Orinoco

I picture them pretty much how they appear on the covers. I also never picture vermin as "ugly"; rats and weasels are adorable in real life, so why shouldn't they also be in the Redwall series?
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young