News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Anime

Started by Stormkitty, November 23, 2013, 09:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lily

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on November 29, 2013, 12:47:51 AM
Another Fruits Basket fan here! ;D I also want to watch/read Ouran High School Host Club, has anyone heard of that?

Yeeeees, watch it! It's hilarious. A lot of the characters are very similar to the Fruits Basket characters, so you'll probably like it.

Rusvul

Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on November 26, 2013, 05:04:40 PM
@Rus: You've read Deltora Quest? ;D I loved those books!
Yes! I have! It was, like, four years ago, but since I read it like fifteen times, I still remember it quite well... XD

Romsca

Quote from: Romsca on November 24, 2013, 06:09:31 PM
I've heard of Hetalia! Is it good?

Really? My friends who watch don't say it's inappropriate

Iamthatis

I always liked Shaman King and Mew Mew Power
IAMTHATIS MY SWORD SHALL WEILD FOR ME
RIP BRIAN JACQUES

BlueRose

I like anime! Ok, so I like Manga better, but if my internet works long enough to load it, I love watching anime. My favorite is Fruits Basket (my first anime and my first manga), but I also like Fairy Tail, Tokyo Mew Mew (yah, it's stupid. I dun care.), Inuyasha, and Hetalia. Oh, and Kuroko no Basket is fun, even if it is a shounen.

Hetalia doesn't seem to have a lot of adult content... (I know, 'cause I have a friend who is a total fujoshi... It's freaky.)
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Norham Waterpaw

Hmm... I started watching Anime when I was like, 7. Yeah... Naruto, (Not a fan) and Code Lyoko (still a fan) were some of the ones I watched.

Nowadays I like to watch Attack on Titan. It's amazing. (A little language, but it's cool)

I don't know if this qualifies as anime, but I used to (still do) watch Hayao Miyazaki films, my first one being My Neighbor Totoro. Howl's moving castle and Spirited away were some other movies by him.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

BlueRose

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on January 16, 2014, 01:57:22 AM
I don't know if this qualifies as anime, but I used to (still do) watch Hayao Miyazaki films, my first one being My Neighbor Totoro. Howl's moving castle and Spirited away were some other movies by him.

I love Hayao Miyazaki's movies!!! My sister has a Totoro plushie, and I want one too. Actually, I want a cat bus plushie... I like Miyazaki's Howl's Moving Castle too. It's actually based off of a book of the same name by Dianna Wynne Jones. The book is awesome.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Norham Waterpaw

Yeah. Someone I know has both a Totoro and a Catbus plushie.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I've seen a bit of Full Metal Alchemist.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

BlueRose

Do you know where a catbus plushie might be found?

I've read a bit of FMA... It was ok, but then I got bored.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on January 16, 2014, 01:57:22 AM
Hmm... I started watching Anime when I was like, 7. Yeah... Naruto, (Not a fan) and Code Lyoko (still a fan) were some of the ones I watched.

Nowadays I like to watch Attack on Titan. It's amazing. (A little language, but it's cool)

Yay!  :D Code Lyoko.  ;D

Also, anyone seen SAO? It's a little sketchy sometimes but it's still a lot better than Naruto.  :P
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Lily

I love Studio Ghibli films! I've been to the Ghibli museum in Tokyo twice. It's adorable, well worth the trip if any of you ever make it to Japan. You have to book in advance, though. The latest file from the studio, The Tale of Princess Kaguya, is still out in theatres here, but I doubt I'll get to see it before it finishes.

Quote from: BlueRose on January 16, 2014, 02:37:25 AM
Come to Japan, they're everywhere.

Quote from: BlueRose on January 16, 2014, 01:18:35 AM
I like anime! Ok, so I like Manga better, but if my internet works long enough to load it, I love watching anime. My favorite is Fruits Basket (my first anime and my first manga), but I also like Fairy Tail, Tokyo Mew Mew (yah, it's stupid. I dun care.), Inuyasha, and Hetalia. Oh, and Kuroko no Basket is fun, even if it is a shounen.
Another Fruits Basket fan! I watched the anime again recently, it brought back so many good memories.

BlueRose

Quote from: Lily on January 17, 2014, 02:57:02 PM
I love Studio Ghibli films! I've been to the Ghibli museum in Tokyo twice. It's adorable, well worth the trip if any of you ever make it to Japan. You have to book in advance, though. The latest file from the studio, The Tale of Princess Kaguya, is still out in theatres here, but I doubt I'll get to see it before it finishes.

Quote from: BlueRose on January 16, 2014, 02:37:25 AM
Come to Japan, they're everywhere.

Quote from: BlueRose on January 16, 2014, 01:18:35 AM
Another Fruits Basket fan! I watched the anime again recently, it brought back so many good memories.

You live in Japan?!?!?! Lucky!

Haha! I don't like the Fruits Basket anime as much, because it doesn't have Rin, who happens to be my favorite character. (Annoying, but my favorite.)

Dannflower Reguba

AUGH! Someone from Japan!  :o Japan is like, the country that's on top of my "to visit," list. I did Japan for the Geography Fair one year, only rivaled by Mongolia and Greece in my opinion.  :P

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Norham Waterpaw

Dannflower Reguba