Star Wars: Rise Of The Redwall Abbey Temple

Started by Griffen, November 28, 2013, 08:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we add duels to this RP. It will make fights cooler and make the entire series more interesting.

Yes.
No.
Whatever the majority votes.

estar222

Actually, Sith have always called themselves Darth. Darth translates to Dark anyway, and the Sith are not necessarily evil, either, nor are they all dark.
You want to know my name? My name? My name is not a word that I use anymore; you will never learn it. Instead, you can call me the colour that humans seem to think belongs to magic; you can call me the colour a monarch wears under his cape; you can call me Mauve.

Griffen

Quote from: estar222 on November 30, 2013, 05:54:07 PM
Actually, Sith have always called themselves Darth. Darth translates to Dark anyway, and the Sith are not necessarily evil, either, nor are they all dark.

Nope, all throughout the books before 990 BBY (Before Battle on Yavin(4)) it says how the Sith are "Dark lords" of the Sith. I will say how in different Rims some Sith do call themselves "Darth" but thats pointless. (Read Darth Bane: Rule of Two. If you wish to find out when all Sith started to call themselves "Darth".) The point I'm trying to make by saying the tittle is that Sith are called "Dark" because it cause even more infighting then normal and I don't want people to be infighting so soon. And yes ALL Sith are evil (profoundly immoral and malevolent.), every single Sith practices the art of the Darkside and those who practice it can not stay pure and will become evil. Sorry to be so blunt, but I don't want this RP to have such little but very important information to be wrong. 

Shadefur nightblade

I changed it. It doesn't make any difference, but I'm pretty sure Darth was a common title even then because there are many highly accomplished Darths, including Darth Malgus, Darth Kresh, Darth Lachris, Darth Karrid, Darth Mortis, Darth Ravage, Darth Saabrous, and Darth Tormen(aka the emperor). Also Darth is thought to be derived from either darr tah, meaning triumph over death, or daritha, meaning emperor. They are both ancient Rakatan words.

Dannflower Reguba

Quick question for ya Dusty, Anakin was turned from the Light side to the Dark side. In theory then, couldn't this happen in reverse?

@everyone: Don't argue with someone who's read all the star wars books, Griffen has, so don't argue with him.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Shade

I got it finished, could really do with a better backstory though.
Quote from: The Shade on November 29, 2013, 06:41:30 PM
Sec: Sith Warrior
Name: Ravanus
Species: Ermine
Age: Precisely in his prime. No one knows his exact age though.
Appearance: The ermine is completely white, accept for two places, the tip of his tail, and a narrow burnt area on his on the side of his head. He wears and loose-fitting black cloak, and black leather protection pads underneath. His eyes and a deep red, almost perfectly matching the colour of the double-bladed lightsaber he uses.
Weapon: His primary weapon is a double bladed lightsaber (red of course). He occasionally uses a extremely sharp black stone knife, though he generally uses the lightsaber.
Personality: Ravanus is very cruel, and dispite his two weapons, his favorite method of killing is with Force Lightning. He is also extremely overconfident and arrogant.
Backstory: Ravanus has an extremely vague and mysterious history. It is known that he came to the dark side quite young though. He had been picked up by traders, on a remote moon. Again, no one knows exactly why he ended up there, but he had be fleeing from the murderers that had slaughtered his family. Recently he has caught up with them. He personally killed each by using his his hate, and producing Lightning.
Allegiance: Empire I guess...
Other:

Sorry for the terrible backstory, my mind is so blank at the minute. :P

They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Shadefur nightblade

Cool character.
Also I forgot to mention that melanistic creatures are the opposite of albino creatures, so Pyrus(no Darth) is almost completely black.

Griffen

Quote from: danflorreguba on November 30, 2013, 06:46:51 PM
Quick question for ya Dusty, Anakin was turned from the Light side to the Dark side. In theory then, couldn't this happen in reverse?

Yes it can, through lots of cleansing someone can be "cured" (sometimes the Jedi say the darkside is a disease). Or other procedures would be like Dark Revan, who after being a Jedi was then a Sith and after a long time eventually got his memory wiped by the Jedi and became good again.

@The Shade Accepted!  :D

@Shadefur Nightblade Accepted   :)

PS: @Danflurubuguba You must remember this if you plan on having a character who turned from dark to light. Anakin turned from the light to the dark in search of power, therefor anyone coming from the dark to the light must be willing to adopt the Jedi code.

The Shade

Are we allowed to play "None cannon" creatures such as raccoons and beavers?

Griffen

Yes, but just understand the sizes only differ a little, not a dramatic difference.

Shadefur nightblade

Griffen

Yes you can, they are much like bounty hunters in the way they do business. But as long as you understand what a Mandalorian is then you may play as one. You may not however, be the Mandalore.

EDIT
For species I forgot to add this. Through out the universe is different species (I'm not meaning the redwall universe) so for example.

Human and Doros. Now every character is, by default "Human" which means that if you say that your character is a rat then he is a plain rat. (like on earth) Now if you say that your character is a Neimoidian (Type of Doros) Rat then you rat is Doros. So now your rat is pale green/blue, hairless, has green blood, etc. depending on the race.

layout for races.

Race + Species = Character.
Human + Rat = Plain rat.

So there is countless species in every race, which means greater selection and your character can be more unique. If you wish to change your profile then post your change so I can update the list, thanks :)

PS: No making up races, if you want to look through the archives and find a race then that's %100 ok  :D

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Griffen on November 30, 2013, 06:04:26 PM
Quote from: estar222 on November 30, 2013, 05:54:07 PM

Nope, all throughout the books before 990 BBY (Before Battle on Yavin(4)) it says how the Sith are "Dark lords" of the Sith. I will say how in different Rims some Sith do call themselves "Darth" but thats pointless. (Read Darth Bane: Rule of Two. If you wish to find out when all Sith started to call themselves "Darth".) The point I'm trying to make by saying the tittle is that Sith are called "Dark" because it cause even more infighting then normal and I don't want people to be infighting so soon. And yes ALL Sith are evil (profoundly immoral and malevolent.), every single Sith practices the art of the Darkside and those who practice it can not stay pure and will become evil. Sorry to be so blunt, but I don't want this RP to have such little but very important information to be wrong. 

Well why are all of Darth Sidious' apprentices called Darth then? Darth Maul, Darth Tyranus, Darth Vader if what you say is correct then Sidious would feel threatened and kill them yet he names them Darth himself. Before you say "In the canon of the books...." I would like to remind you that the films came first and therefore are the primary source of canon and as such if film canon conflicts with book canon, the film canon overrides the book canon
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Griffen

Bud, don't try to argue if you don't understand the rule of two and when in came into effect. Darth Maul, Darth Tyranus, Darth Vader and Darth Sidious all were Sith Lords hundreds of years after Darth Bane lived and died. If you can't even understand that then I have no more to say. Even at that, this is a RP not a debate or schooling session. If you would like to talk about that stuff then go make something in the cellars and we'll talk there.

The Shade

Sec: Bounty Hunter
Name: Yassen
Species: Raccoon
Appearance: Yassen is slightly shorter than an average raccoon, but his advanced multi-surface boots make that up. He wears light mandalorean(Spelling?) armour, painted green, although on certin parts grey shows  from the scratchs. With his helmet on, his face is invisible, even through the T-shaped slid in it. Below all this, he wears a black fire-prof garment.
Weapon: Having no power in The Force whatsoever, he feels he needs to attach as many high-tech gadgets as possible. His primary weapon is a short high powered rifle, slung across his back. He also has a powerful wrist gun, usually used if he has lost his rifle. After that, he has two other weapons, a light flame thrower on his arm, and a light utility rope with a grappling hook, which can be fired from a special attachment on the rifle. He also has a light jet pack, though it is sometimes faulty and cannot carry him far.
Personality: Yassen has a quite laid back, chilled out attitude. He doesn't mind taking orders, or giving them. He does prefer to be on the battlefield though. Although with not the best tactical mind, he possesses a sharp intelligence when he puts his mind to it.
Backstory: Yassen had an extremely wild childhood. His father was a Bounty Hunter like him, recklessly chasing targets across the galaxy. His father also had a large price on his own head, as his enemys sought to rid of him. As a result, Yassen ended up with a dozen homes, constantly moving, constantly avoiding danger. One night, they caught up with him. His parents flet to the one and only ship on the planet, and escaped on it, convinced Yassen was aboard it. Apon reaching hyperspace, they discovered he was not. The enemys that had attacked Yassen's father's home now found a young raccoon. As it happened, his father's enemys were rival bounty hunters, and they brought Yassen up, teaching him everything they knew. In his late teens, Yassen left them, to fend for himself. He soon became a ruthless bounty hunter, and now currently he is working for the Republic
.Allegiance: Republic
Other:

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Griffen on November 30, 2013, 08:56:14 PM
Bud, don't try to argue if you don't understand the rule of two and when in came into effect. Darth Maul, Darth Tyranus, Darth Vader and Darth Sidious all were Sith Lords hundreds of years after Darth Bane lived and died. If you can't even understand that then I have no more to say. Even at that, this is a RP not a debate or schooling session. If you would like to talk about that stuff then go make something in the cellars and we'll talk there.

I don't see what the rule of two has to do with any of this, do you mean that the Darths are superior thing stopped after the introduction of the rule of two? If so I totally understand that

Also would a Cathar just be a normal wildcat? (Cathar are my favourite Star Wars species, my main SW OC is a Cathar)
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan