News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Winter Nameday Feast (2013)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, December 01, 2013, 06:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blazemane

*Shuffles in late; eyes the barrel of strawberry fizz.*

Thank you, everybody! The name has a lot of personal meaning for me. It's in recognition of the fact that God kept my niece alive through her fourth and seemingly-final open heart surgery this past fall, so that she's going to be with us for years and years now (bearing in mind, of course, that tomorrow is never a given for any of us). And she's full of enough energy now that it'd be hard to guess she was born with any heart defect. It's in recognition of the fact that my one of my brothers was brought home safe from Afghanistan this past summer, and that he's now engaged, so we'll be adding a sister-in-law to the family. Also, my eldest sister and her husband have taken a pair of exchange students into their home, and they've become a part of our overall-family's events. And finally, more broadly, I recognize that many of us still living at home may very well be heading out within this next year--my younger sister hopes for a teaching job; one of of my older sisters considers going with her, but may (just may) herself be getting engaged this next year; and I could be going on to a new school. Whether things change in 2014, or later, as they inevitably will, I want to keep this time where we're together in mind and see it for the unique blessing it is before we see what new blessings lie in store for us.

But I figured the name could easily hold its own significance for the other members, here, with all the unique details known only to each one of you as individuals. So it seemed fitting.

The cherry on top of all of this is that I get to do a nod to one of my favorite books in the series. The name is strongly inspired by the name, "The Summer of Friendship," from the book Taggerung.

*Pours strawberry fizz and takes a drink.*Oh, yes. This tastes awesome.

Rainshadow

*Stands*  *Starts clapping*  Wonderful speech.  Makes me think of my family.  My cousin got married this past spring to a boy none of us know, and we'll be meeting him come Christmas.  One of my other cousins, the brother of the one previously stated, brought a friend to Thanksgiving (the man's family lives in California, so there was no way he was gonna be able to spend the holiday with them), and he quickly became part of the family.  My grandfather is going through several surgeries that are going to render him nearly blind for a time, and then he won't be able to work for around half a year or more because he's having a hip replacement.

But life's still good.  Yeah, still good.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Osu

*lifts a tankard of October Ale* Hear, hear!

I have no words, you guys. An excellent name with wonderful reasons. Family has been a really big thing for me lately, too; we've all been getting closer and talking and doing things together more lately, which is odd since my family, as a rule, is very taciturn in nature, especially when we deal with each other. XD

And of course, there's you guys, my RAF family. Stay awesome, everybody. *hugs everyone*
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Ungatt Trunn

*Lifts a tankerd of Strawberry Fizz*

Eh, I don't have much words to say, exept that I have recently relized the inportants of family and friends in my life. Without them, who would I be? I am very blessed to have friends here, family at my house, more friends about me....thay make my life complete. And I hope that I can be a good friend as well to the people I know and love. A toast, to family and friends!

Life is too short to rush through it.

DanielofRedwall

Congratulations on being picked, here's to the Winter of Family!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on December 03, 2013, 02:33:39 PM
Congratulations on being picked, here's to the Winter of Family!
Aye! Cheers to Blaze!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Jukka the Sling

*raises a mug of strawberry cordial* Congratulations, Blazemane! A toast! To the Winter of Family!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Ungatt Trunn

To the Winter Of Family *Downs the tankerd of Strawberry Cordial*

Tam and Martin

*Downs every drink that is next to me*

Jukka the Sling

*starts eating a huge woodland trifle*
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Ungatt Trunn

Can somebody please pass the apple and hazelnut scones?

Tam and Martin

Ungatt Trunn

Thank you, Tam! *Takes four scones of the plate, and starts eating them alongside a Woodland Trifle*

Norham Waterpaw

*Stands up, a little slowly, seeing as everyone else is seated again*

"Uh, a toast! To the grace of God, and all the blessings he has given us! Wonderful speech Blaze!"
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

rachel25

*claps very late for Blazeman's speek*
My family are the most important thing to me in the world. I couldn't have got through today without my family there to support me. I had a bad scare when I was riding today. Being on a bolting horse, going down a very steep road is not fun!
So.....yay family! And thank you Yahuweh me, and my sister were both ok after being split up. *drinks apple cider and starts singing a song to make me feel better*