News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Book I: Defiance

Started by Griffen, December 07, 2013, 01:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffen

Zyog smiled at he bravery, but if she could see the truth then it was all for not. "Pull off the cloth and look inside, or you can walk away now." He told her, testing if she had the strength or will to do so.

Faiyloe

She looked surprised. He was giving her a choice. She had expected to be gabbed and dragged over there like the other two. She couldn't walk away not now. if this was a test then she would at least try. She slowly walked over the the table and looked inside.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Griffen

It was a pot, and it was boiling with water. Once she looked into the water it stopped and become suddenly still. The face reflecting on the water was her own, but tears of blood came flowing out of her eyes. The picture quickly changed and a beast lay injured, not far off was Grace. She had the ability to help the beast but was to scared to move. The picture went back to her reflection, the tears of blood ran down further to her cheeks. Back to the image a different beast approached the wounded, and killed him off. Grace did nothing. The image changed back for a last time to herself, the tears of blood dropped of the reflection and on to her real cheek. 

Faiyloe

Grace felt sick and dizzy and faint and suddenly she couldn't stand it any longer and hit the waters surface with her paw.     

Rainshadow

Lucia had watched the other beasts step up and face their fears, and she was trembling.  Absolutely trembling.  Did the chipmunk know hers?  Surely he didn't!  He couldn't!  Could he?  But she wouldn't step up.  No, not until he told her to.  Maybe he wouldn't ask her to step up.  She'd already faced the fear of her family when she confronted them about the letter; maybe that was enough.  She prayed it was.

OOC:  ...That was very scatterbrained and abrupt, if you ask me, but hey, I guess I'm kinda describing myself in a way...  Well, except my family isn't cruel.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Griffen

Zyog looked at her, the frustration in her eyes. Was it enough to eradicate her fears? Only time would tell. He motioned his paw and another student started to walk over and help her back. Instead Zwelly finally stood up and walked her to the pedestals. The chipmunk walked to the last table, another cloth lay over a round object. "Your curiosity might kill you, but is knowledge worth your life?" he asked while another large beast stepped forward, grabbing the Martin and bring her forward. Yanking the cloth off he reviled an orb, it attracted her hands and she placed both palms on it.

It was mysterious, what was this orb? In a split second the orb shattered in her hands, several pieces stabbing into them. The shards started to act like magnets and stuck both her palms together. The remaining pieces reformed together, making yet another sphere. It floated at eye level, and as Lucia looked at it a figure appeared inside. The figure was her father, he was angry. He began to run, his figure getting bigger inside the orb. The beast jumped at her, lunging with his fist. The orb shattered when the fist made contact, pieces flying in all directions... including her face. "You... Have lots of weakness. Lets hope you don't feed the beasts..." Zyog laughed, as did the other students.

Faiyloe

Grace thanked Zwelly weekly she sat on the ground her back to her pedestal she felt a sting on her face and touched it her paw came off with blood and she felt sick all over again and she barley watched as the last student went threw with her turn.

Rainshadow

Lucia screamed, pulling her paws up to cover her face as the glass-like shards shot towards her.  How could her father be here?  He couldn't have come here, she'd have known!  No, it was just a test, like the other students.  Just a test, she told herself, trying to stop screaming.  But she couldn't.  Why couldn't she?  It wasn't that bad, was it?  But then she closed her eyes and saw her father again.  Yes, it was that bad.

Trembling, the marten stood up, just now realizing that she'd fallen over.  Her hands stung from being pierced, but she didn't care.  She had to get away from the table.  Shaky and stumbling, Lu made her way back to her pedestal, keeping her hands a safe distance away from her body.  They were bleeding, but only slightly.  Why had she gotten injured?  Sure, Zwelly had nearly drowned, but she was the only one who actually had blood drawn.  Did they have the right to do that?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Griffen

Zyog smiled while looking at his new students, "Cheers to our new brothers and sisters!" He yelled while raising a glass into the air. The other students started to yell and scream while the leader begin to pour the substance over his own head. It wasn't a liquid, yet it shined like water under the moon light.

OOC: All four character wake up in their beds with no reconciliation of how the night ended or how they got there. In the next Paragraph I will describe the living quarters that everyone's first character will live in.   

BIC:

Zwelly

The sun fell on him as he woke. Zwelly shaded the light from his eyes, but he quickly noticed the red stains covering his hands. "It really happened..." he murmured. Zwelly was alone in a room, the walls were white brick, so was the ceiling. The floor felt smooth as he got out of his bed, maybe marble? Reaching the door he opened it, and took in the surroundings. A wall roughly twice his size compassed roughly eight other houses like his own. A small garden and a few fruit trees lay in the middle with a fresh water spring. Towards the east was a metal gate, closing off the area from other students. Next to the gate was eight mailboxes, one of which had his name, and others that he'd met last night. After waiting for a few seconds the mouse ran to the spring and started to rub the water on his hands and head... the blood was already off, but the stains wouldn't go away. His white fur was now tainted with red blood covering his head and hands, with some blood that ran down his neck.

Rainshadow

Something was wrong.  Something was very wrong.  The blankets didn't feel right.  It was too sunny, too warm, and it smelled nice.  Her hands felt strange.  Yes, something was incredibly wrong.

Opening her eyes, Lucia yelped in alarm, quickly discovering the reason as to why it was different.  She wasn't home.  Her father wasn't coming in to beat her.  Her mother wasn't there to tell her to shut her trap.  She was alone at last.  No one was going to harm her.

The she-marten pulled her paws out from under the covers, finding bandages on them.  "Well," she muttered, "someone harmed me.  Nothing that time won't fix, though."  The sight of the bandages made her think of the previous night, and her father.  She shuddered.  Why did the chipmunk have to remind her of the horrible beast?  Why had he had to bring that up?  What a horrible first experience.

Coughing, Lu stood up and walked to the door, not even bothering to look around the room.  It reminded her too much of the rooms in her old house.  Not home, house.  Her "siblings" had lived in rooms such as these, while she was condemned to the attic, where heat never reached.  This room was definitely an upgrade, but a good one?  That was debatable.

Lucia stepped out of the house and into the sunlight, blinking as she was temporarily blinded.  She shut the door, glancing around and smiling slightly at the flowers and trees.  Beautiful.  Much better than the view at home.  Then she noticed the mouse.  Zwelly?  Yes, Zwelly was his name.  He looked quite interesting in the light, leaning over the fountain, the water reflecting his white fur.  But his head was red.  Why was that?  The night before.  She shuddered again.

"How-" her voice cracked, and she cleared her throat, trying again.  "How are you?  I mean, better than last night?  Looked bloody awful, what you had to do."  She winced at the poor wording of the sentence.  "Sorry, I didn't mean... uh..."  Why hadn't she just shut her mouth?  Why did she have to be so stupid?

Griffen

Zwelly

His head and paws were soaked now, he heard a voice and turned. He smiled at her discomfort after saying bloody, somehow it made him more at ease. "Yeah a little, but you went through was bloody hell." He got up and walked closer to her "Who was that in the orb? Just wondering is all..." He was now just a few feet from her. He held and apple in his hand, debating if he should eat it or save it for later. "what a weird thought.." he pondered to himself, wondering why he was debating such a funny thing. Maybe it was to distract his nerves from the fact he just actually start to talk someone, because all he wanted to do was run back to his house.

Shadefur nightblade

Screet was already awake and investigating his room when he decided to venture outside. As he walked outside he noticed two beasts, the white mouse, Zwelly, and the marten, Lucia? He didnt remember how he had gotten here, just the trials that him and the others had to go through. He walked outside but not up to them, instead just standing around in the yard. He didn't want to interrupt their conversation, so he kind of just slunk around away from them into the garden behind them.

Faiyloe

Slowly grace opened her eyes her first thought was. If this is where I am going to stay than it will need some work. the room was so blank so empty it would need allot of work and time before she could call it home. Her seconded thought was about what had happened last night but she quickly pushed it out of her mind dismissing it as a dream or nightmare like the rest of them that had pledge her that night.       

Grace jumped out of bed and made it. matriculates  smoothing out the covers. she could be very neat when she put her mind to it. (She never made her bead back home) She then sat on the bed cross legged and lifting the flape on the small satchel attached to her belt she reached taking out the contents and placing them on the bed in front of her.

Even though the letter had said to only bring necessities but she had brought a few things to remind her of home. another person might have miss took them as just a few knickknacks or trinkets but to her they were a lot more. There where five blue glass beads, a copper coin, a button off her fathers coat, an old letter from her mother folded up small so it would fit with the other things and, the only really valuable thing she had, a cut emerald about the size of her thumb. Her mother had given it to her before she left. It had been passed down in their family for a long time. Now that she was old enough her mother wanted her to have it before she went away. 

She scooped every ting up and tucked it back into her punch. She jumped off the bed and left the house. She was met by a beautiful morning. The dew kissed flowers danced up all the way to meat her house and the wall on the left side of the door was a budding vine of blue flowers trying to make its way up the wall yet not quite succeeding she decided she would try and get a trellis for that. A path weaved in and around the gardens
occasionally going off to meet another small white house.

She saw the two other beasts from her nightmare. What are... Her thought trailed off when she saw Zwelly his head and paws still stained with blood. That was no dream, it really happened. she thought. Zwelly didn't look to good She decide to go over their and see if he was all right.

She walked over and greeted the two cheerfully. "You don't look to good are you OK," She asked Zwelly.         

Rainshadow

Lu felt a nervous laugh bubble up inside her, and she let it out.  "Ha, uh, that was... that was my dad.  No, you... you had it worse.  I'm just a wimp.  'Fraid o' my old man.  But you, you nearly drowned!  That's much worse than getting little nicks on my hands."

Her palms felt sweaty.  Was that a normal thing to do?  Sweat whilst talking to somebeast?  Probably not, and right now it hurt, seeing as there was sweat trickling into her cuts.  Not the best experience.

There was a noise behind the marten, and she turned, seeing the ferret from last night.  Screet, was it?  Afraid of snakes was the main thing she remembered.  A perfectly normal fear, unlike her fear of fathers.

Suddenly, another beast stepped into the picture.  A squirrel who looked about her age walked up to Zwelly and started talking.  What was her name?  Had she told Lucia the night before?  No, probably not, or if she did she was quiet.  Still, no matter, she was here, interrupting their conversation (much to Lucia's delight, as said conversation was becoming slightly uncomfortable!).

So Lu backed up, letting the squirrelmaid talk to the bloodstained mouse.

Shadefur nightblade

Screet paused as the marten saw him, but she looked away as the squirrel came bounding up, talking to the mouse. He took that opportunity to dart behind a grove of apple trees. He began climbing the tree and rested on the top branch. He wondered if they would actually have to do schoolwork. He was fine if they didn't, as he always got in trouble at woodland school.