News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Could someone explain Dubstep to me?!

Started by Jukka the Sling, December 12, 2013, 10:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

I know what it is, and I listened to a bit of the ones Ungatt posts... but what's the point of it? It seems like the music's building up to some huge burst of music and then it doesn't! :D :P
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Ungatt Trunn

The point of DUBSTEP is that you can enjoy the melodie that is there, but you can also let out that epic craziness out when the sound wave hits. For example, this DUBSTEP song is just like what I described:

Life is too short to rush through it.

Norham Waterpaw

Pretty much Dubstep better by increasing one thing: The bass.
Then there's the drop: A pretty epic moment in the song where every decelerates and the music speeds up and gets epic.
Yep. Pretty much.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

The Shade

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on December 12, 2013, 10:53:36 PM
I know what it is, and I listened to a bit of the ones Ungatt posts... but what's the point of it? It seems like the music's building up to some huge burst of music and then it doesn't! :D :P
That depends what kind of Dupstep you've been listening to.  ;)
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: The Shade on December 14, 2013, 12:51:43 PM
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on December 12, 2013, 10:53:36 PM
That depends what kind of Dupstep you've been listening to.  ;)
yea, some Dubstep songs are a little "slower" and not so noisy. Though, I think that Dubstep music like that may actually be more like Brostep or something.

rachel25

I don't like DUPSTEP. I prefer good old rock music, but then again I love musicals as well. But not DUPSTEP, no I just feel bored.  :-\

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: rachel25 on December 20, 2013, 04:42:38 PM
I don't like DUPSTEP. I prefer good old rock music, but then again I love musicals as well. But not DUPSTEP, no I just feel bored.  :-\
How on earth can you be bored listening to Dubstep!?!? That's like saying that you sleep through a nuclear explosion!

Romsca

She might have it confused with trance, which can be a little boring to some people

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Romsca on December 20, 2013, 06:35:18 PM
She might have it confused with trance, which can be a little boring to some people
::)

The Shade

rachel25

Quote from: Romsca on December 20, 2013, 06:35:18 PM
No DUPSTEP. I just find it boring.

Starla1431

Eh, I'm not really into Dubstep. I find it annoying. Not my kind of taste.

The Shade

i am that is (Matthias)

It is kind of a robotic music. The beat can drop, it can be crazy, or it can be normal. Some people like it and others don'.