News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

your fav music

Started by rakkety tam, August 04, 2011, 04:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wats your fav music

todays rock and roll
70s music
80s music
90s music
pop
hip hop
screamo
classical
jazz
country
60s music
christian
alternative
blue grass
rap
none of these
opera
celtic
metal
celtic rock

Icefire

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on August 17, 2011, 09:59:26 AM
Quote from: Icefire on August 16, 2011, 04:06:50 PM
CELTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially CELTIC WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, and Christian!!! and Classical!
Christian's kind of a broad catagory, though. That could include everything from hymns( :)) to Christian rap( :P)
Or Christian Death metal! It exists, trust me, I've heard it...
I know...basically anything that names Jesus without using His name as a swear word counts lately. :P
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

DanielofRedwall

Best. Music video. ever. Seriously, it might not seem like it at first, but keep watching it, it is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADP65wbBUpc

Good song, too!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Lily

That was a great video! Now I want to go and make a water slide in a forest somewhere...

DanielofRedwall

^
Yeah, a waterside that goes for hundreds of metres, goes through a paddock with cows and goes really fast!

rakkety tam

long live country and rock n roll :)
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Nightfire

My favorite music is Christian Rock, especially Skillet and Red. :)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Icefire

I missed all the earlier Les Misérables comments! I LOVE THAT MUSICAL!!!!! It's been my favorite since I was 6! And for those of you who know my current love for Celtic Woman, I'd rather go to see Les Mis than CW! :o
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

yeswonderful

There were three I selected, but I need to expound a bit upon my selections.

Classical: I don't particularly enjoy the Classical time period of music save for a few selections. The Classical time period of music goes from approximately 1750 to 1830 and includes notable composers such as Mozart, Haydn, and the first several of Beethoven's symphonies (Beethoven's work are some of the few I enjoy from the Classical period). However, I do enjoy most of what would be colloquially termed "classical" (minus most music from the Classical period). Going back before the Classical period, we have Baroque (Bach, Telemann, etc), which is awesome. Before Baroque things are very interesting with Renaissance and then, further back, "Medieval" music (which comprises a vast array of music types that are all spectacular). My favorite composer is Abbess Hildegard Von Bingen. She wrote holy chant in the 1100s.

Opera: I like most opera, though not all. Some of the Italian stuff gets way too over the top for me. I don't often just listen to opera, as it is such a visual thing as much as it is auditory. If you have ever been to an opera, you'll know what I mean. It's one thing to listen to it on the radio, it's a whole 'nother animal to go to the opera and see the stories acted out. Fantastic, moving stuff. One of my favorites is Faust. If you get a really good baritone playing the Devil, it's a show you won't soon forget!

Celtic: I don't listen to a lot of this, but what I have listened to can count with my favorite music. Once again, this is a broad category. There's some I like, some I don't.

A few other composers/artists I enjoy with their music "types" in parenthesis. This list is nowhere near exhaustive:
Front Line Assembly (Industrial)
Skrillex (Dubstep)
Mumford and Sons (Folk/Rock)
Delerium (electronic?)
Conjure One (electronic?)
Squirrel Nut Zippers (Dixie)
Johnny Cash (folk)
Ralph Vaughan Williams ("classical")
Arvo Part (sacred)
Neko Case (folk)
Pink Floyd (I don't even know what they'd be classified under)
Sufjan Stevens (Folk/Rock)
Like pirates? Want to be a classy vermin who wears a cravat and sails the high seas? Enjoy writing? Join the VI! http://rovl.org/vi
VI movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD-1Q0htbfk&feature=youtu.be

Lily

Hooray for Les Mis! And hooray for musicals in general, they're definitely my favourite type of music. Has anyone else pre-ordered The Phantom of the Opera 25th Anniversary CD and DVD? No...? Just me...?

rakkety tam

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Mad Maudie

Pop country and alternative

Pink (only some songs   ;) )
Kelly Clarkson
David archuleta

Taylor swift

Linkin park
Orianthi
China Anne McClain   
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Plugg Firetail

Muppets treasure island Shiver me timbers. It's a great song.

DanielofRedwall

@yeswonderful Mumford and Sons and Sufjan Stevens! Nice! And also, Pink Floyd is psychedelic/progressive rock, I'm also a major fan of them.

rakkety tam

i like beethoven and bach to but i dont listen to either on ethat much

Flint and Steel

60's & 70's ;D
My favorite Genres include various incarnations of Rock and a few types of Pop.
My absolute favorite groups would be The Beach Boys & Creedence Clearwater Revival, CCR for short. (Note: Both Bands are inactive ;).)
Ad Astra Per Aspera (To The Stars Through Difficulties)